Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Video's of Police.

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Sociopath? Based on a 20-second video? Please.

I'm guessing you sided with Ray Rice in the elevator.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

She just got what she deserved. Serves her right. Now she knows her place.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,615 Senior Member

Once a Snowflake, always a snowflake. "We don't arrest OUR fillies in these parts, pardner."

I don't know who Ray Rice is.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Once a Snowflake, always a snowflake. "We don't arrest OUR fillies in these parts, pardner."

I don't know who Ray Rice is.

Just another goon beating a woman half his weight, caught on video.

The difference was Rice wasn't wearing a magical blue costume with a shiny talisman pinned to his shirt. Oh, and Rice was fired for beating her. His union didn't defend his actions.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Shoulda just tazed her, then cuffed her. :roll2:

I hated being on Shore Patrol and dealing with drunks on the mid watch. Our ROE were a bit looser than the cops have to follow now, though.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    This does seem the way it's going beat them down. Excessive force is getting used more and more and it's getting to be an accepted practice. Hell two of LAPDs finest had to shoot a 100 lb homeless old woman holding a screw driver behind her shopping cart. So I suppose this woman was lucky she only got slammed to the ground and not shot. I missed the part in the video why this take down was necessary.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Police departments should never be autonomous to manage themselves. They are a public entity. They must be held accountable for every action and every nickel spent.

They should be autonomous.

There is a proper method of grievance and appeals and the police departments should operate autonomously and yield only to the authority of legitimate inquisition.

If the policy, procedure and operation of police is relegated to the mob rule of pure democracy from the public at large it will be corrupted far faster than could be imagined.

Scrutinize all you want. Demand public record all you want, but he public at large should NEVER have the authority to decide policy making for law enforcement outside of the normal established legal methods.

The court of public opinion is a circus court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    cpj wrote: »
    Without seeing the whole video, I'll remain somewhat objective, yet leaning toward the side that it was a bit excessive..
    I mean, couldn't two grown ass men subdue her without throwing her face first into the concrete?
    Go ahead, tell me I'm a cop hater. Tell me I've never done the job, I can't judge, blah blah ing blah.

It's not excessive in the slightest.

I work a downtown party environment every single weekend. Entitled, self righteous, provocateurs. All of them. Crowd mentality and group think.

Talk is cheap to these self entitled millennials and trying to reason is impossible. They ignore police, are malignantly defiant, argumentative and verbally aggressive and insight crowd disobedience.

Thump one and they cower back on their skinny jean wearing heels. It's a life lesson 23 years in their making thanks to a lack of any parenting that instilled responsibility and respect into their brains.

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    And before CaliFFL goes off on a tirade about how he THINKS law enforcement should be operated by mob rule, I will not address any comments aimed at anything I post in this thread. You won't change my mind.

• 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    They should react to the excessive force accusation. It was excessive for the situation.

If a drunk girl shoulder checked you right now, would you grab her and slam her face first into the concrete?

A person that reacts in this manner is likely a sociopath.

Agree.
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Thump one and they cower back on their skinny jean wearing heels. It's a life lesson 23 years in their making thanks to a lack of any parenting that instilled responsibility and respect into their brains.

That says it all. You are going to teach them the same thing so many cops are lacking.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    A sadistic thug with a GED finally got hired as "Campus Security" at a college I attended. After he injured a young female student while overstepping the bounds of his job, he got much better acquainted with the football team than he really wanted to be. I heard he cried like a baby and begged for mercy while wetting his pants and soiling himself.
    Jerry
    JasonMPD wrote: »

I work a downtown party environment every single weekend. Entitled, self righteous, provocateurs. All of them. Crowd mentality and group think.

Talk is cheap to these self entitled millennials and trying to reason is impossible. They ignore police, are malignantly defiant, argumentative and verbally aggressive and insight crowd disobedience.

I realize that I'm new here and don't want to step off on the wrong foot, however, your comment is precisely why I no longer respect the police.
    Just another goon beating a woman half his weight, caught on video.

The difference was Rice wasn't wearing a magical blue costume with a shiny talisman pinned to his shirt. Oh, and Rice was fired for beating her. His union didn't defend his actions.

You're a sad person. I still don't know who Rice was. Are you a snowflake, or do you just pretend to be one?

Ohoooo, Fluffy.
    You're a sad person. I still don't know who Rice was. Are you a snowflake, or do you just pretend to be one?

Ohoooo, Fluffy.

Here he is. Knocking her out and dragging her out of the elevator. Lots of potential for LEO here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TAA87yvd-w
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I realize that I'm new here and don't want to step off on the wrong foot, however, your comment is precisely why I no longer respect the police.

A discussion is an exchange of ideas, opinions, and views. It wouldn't be very pointed if we all agreed. I suspect that pervieved malice is mostly due to the limitations of text, and would moderate a great deal in personal face to face interaction.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    Buford wrote: »
    Here he is. Knocking her out and dragging her out of the elevator. Lots of potential for LEO here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TAA87yvd-w

What's that got to do with LEOs? Rice wasn't one that I know of.
    What's that got to do with LEOs? Rice wasn't one that I know of.
    Nothing, just saying he has the mindset for the job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,185 Senior Member
    Has anyone seen the rest of the video? What was happening that someone started to video in the first place?

I will reserve judgement until then. Until then I will give the LEO the benefit of the doubt because something happened to make him react that way. He didn't leave home saying to himself "hey I want to be at work all night tonight, way beyond my shift, I want to go in front of a review board and have my life turned upside down, he there is a drunk girl, I think I will body slam her."

Something lead up to that moment that someone started filming with their cell phone Shoulder check after being ordered to leave the area? The police can not be bullies, they can not be over aggressive, but at the same time, Joe Public must follow their orders. Don't want to get slammed? do not shoulder check a uniformed officer while performing their duties. The cop may have been out of line, but again he may have been pushed, threatened, who knows, that part is not in the video. We in America have become way too self entitled and disrespectful of authority.

OK, all you cop haters can jump on me now. I wore the LEO uniform for a very short time after I finished with the Military. I know how people will push the limit and many know just how far they can go before they are arrested, when drunk they take that extra step. And there are LEOs that overstep their line also, but the public needs to stop convicting LEOs before they know the entire story.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Some of my students who already had extensive rap sheets while still in high school used to talk about getting a "screen test". That's where their belligerent attitude while handcuffed in the back of a police car made the driver suddenly hit the brakes hard to avoid "the dog that ran out in front of me" and test the integrity of the expanded metal screen between the front and back seats!
    Jerry

Around D'burg, a lot of county deputies, in the surrounding counties, have avoided collisions with deer.............on several occasions.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Ohoooo, Fluffy.

So Jackboots,

You see no issues with 240# men beating women?

Let's say you're walking to Krispy Kreme and see a guy throw a woman into the concrete.

If he's wearing jeans and a polo, he's assaulting a woman. If he's wearing a blue costume it's perfectly acceptable. Is that what you're saying?

Adam J. McCleod

The cop in question didn't weigh 240 pounds. You're a hater who thinks he can brand someone as a psychopath based on a few seconds of video.

You must have had your ass kicked in the past by a cop.
    So Jackboots,

You see no issues with 240# men beating women?

Let's say you're walking to Krispy Kreme and see a guy throw a woman into the concrete.

If he's wearing jeans and a polo, he's assaulting a woman. If he's wearing a blue costume it's perfectly acceptable. Is that what you're saying?

Agree. How many more examples of police brutality do we need before some folks realize the police are completely out of control.
    How many more examples of police brutality do we need before some folks realize the police are completely out of control.

"All ____________ are murderous psychopaths who should be summarily executed without a trial!"

Fill in the blank- - - - -"cops" or "gun owners". Either one you choose makes you the same degree of window-licking idiot. There are a few of both groups who might fit the description, and they should be given a thorough beatdown, followed by a curb stomp that takes out all their teeth and breaks a jaw, but to paint the whole group with the same broad brush is stupid.
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    "All ____________ are murderous psychopaths who should be summarily executed without a trial!"

Fill in the blank- - - - -"cops" or "gun owners". Either one you choose makes you the same degree of window-licking idiot. There are a few of both groups who might fit the description, and they should be given a thorough beatdown, followed by a curb stomp that takes out all their teeth and breaks a jaw, but to paint the whole group with the same broad brush is stupid.
    Jerry

Not saying all cops are bad. However, there is no doubt that this is becoming a MAJOR problem. Also, law abiding gun owners aren't the ones beating people to death, it's the cops who are doing this. Furthermore, there's a HUGE difference between a criminal who's breaking the law than that of some drunk party participant who's had too much to drink.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,137 Senior Member
    Agree. How many more examples of police brutality do we need before some folks realize the police are completely out of control.

SOME Police officers ARE out of control....Hell, some DEPARTMENTS are out of control.....BUT Indicting an entire profession based on the actions of a few is pretty juvenile. AND before you go off about "all these examples" of Police brutality, try to understand that "all these examples" are a mere blip when you consider the number of police/civilian interactions that occur every day around the country..
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Isn't public drunkenness "breaking the law"- - - - -or are you one of those guys who thinks he can decide which laws it's OK to break?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,137 Senior Member
    Not saying all cops are bad.

Well...yes...you did "The police are completely out of control"...your words...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Some of the tone of this thread confirms my thoughts on the power of these images on tv. This is not necessarily a negative outcome, but the potential for harm to our communities is real.

I've had two personal interactions with LEO's in the past few years that resulted in what I felt were unjust outcomes. Having said that, I'm a very long way from the police are out of control camp. My life experience simply does not support this.

I don't issue a blank check either. I want real evidence in its entirety to form my perception.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    SOME Police officers ARE out of control....Hell, some DEPARTMENTS are out of control.....BUT Indicting an entire profession based on the actions of a few is pretty juvenile. AND before you go off about "all these examples" of Police brutality, try to understand that "all these examples" are a mere blip when you consider the number of police/civilian interactions that occur every day around the country..

Realize that, however, how much more chipping away of our Constitution are we going to take? If and when Congress and the state legislatures ever repeal our 2nd (chances are they will at some later time) are you going to feel the same way when gun owners are "breaking the law" because of contraband and cops are going door to door rounding them up and making criminals out of us? I said it before and I'll say it again - the police (as a whole) are completely out of control.