Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

O'Reilly History

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,615 Senior Member
    The author's name is at the top of the page.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    The author's name is at the top of the page.

Ha! Yeah, I know. I was being a little bit facetious. Anyway, regarding O'Reilly and the article, it just amazes me how some try to paint all conservatives as god fearing church folk who supposedly hold themselves to high moral and ethical standards and then act completely shocked when they find that someone such as O'Reilly actually likes women and beer and, on occasion, gets a bit wild and treats some of his female "companions" in a manner comparable to a college frat house party. The "victim" mentality these women are accusing him with is laughable. I'm willing to bet that his "victims" were willing participants in whatever game that was being played and when caught with their hand in the cookie jar instantly scream sexual assault and $$$$ signs. I do agree that O'Reilly is a dumbass for putting himself in that situation but hey, when some smokin' hot gal is flaunting her goods he's human like the rest of us. Ha!
    This blame the woman sounds like Islam, where a woman can be stoned for not fighting a rapist hard enough.

Blaming the woman reveals more about the blamer than it does about the woman. You've drawn a picture of the women in this case that isn't based on anything but your own belief.
    Or maybe he's just rich and powerful and like our esteemed CIC believes that gives him the right to literally or figuratively "grab them by the ".

I've seen that sort of attitude in practice more than a handful of times among older well off men. They came up in different times when women in the workplace had fewer rights and openly objectifying women was considered normal behavior or "just good fun". The "old boys club" is a legit thing and still exists to some degree in certain areas of the economy. Let's just say I feel very sorry for any woman who works in the oil and gas industry...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sorry Alpha, I'm not buying it. These women knew exactly what they were doing.
    This blame the woman sounds like Islam, where a woman can be stoned for not fighting a rapist hard enough.

Blaming the woman reveals more about the blamer than it does about the woman. You've drawn a picture of the women in this case that isn't based on anything but your own belief.

Good lord Gene. Who said anything about rape? Sigh. . . .
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    There's no legitimate excuse for using one's position of power, wealth, prestige, etc as leverage to coherence and manipulate women that are trying to achieve vocational success. This behavior should have vanished with the manual starter on autos.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    Good lord Gene. Who said anything about rape? Sigh. . . .

It's about an attitude about women, in this instance not about rape, in a culture where the woman will always be held responsible. Like what you did. Picking out a single sentence that differs from your beliefs and using that to dismiss the rest of the argument is picking out a germ of irrelevant truth out of a cow patty.

You don't have an atom of proof that the women filed false claims. There isn't any public proof that O'Reilly did anything wrong, but with so many filing charges, it lends its own credibility.
    It's about an attitude about women, in this instance not about rape, in a culture where the woman will always be held responsible. Like what you did. Picking out a single sentence that differs from your beliefs and using that to dismiss the rest of the argument is picking out a germ of irrelevant truth out of a cow patty.

You don't have an atom of proof that the women filed false claims. There isn't any public proof that O'Reilly did anything wrong, but with so many filing charges, it lends its own credibility.

It has nothing to do with my beliefs. It's about individuals who makes millions upon millions and the specific people who are attracted to that wealth and power and when they get kicked to the curb they scream sexual assault or rape. It's not that hard to put together Gene.
    And you know this in this particular situation, how? Or any situation, for that matter. Was Bill Clinton a victim of false claims? How about Bill Cosby?

Best stick to astrology.
    And you know this in this particular situation, how? Or any situation, for that matter. Was Bill Clinton a victim of false claims? How about Bill Cosby?

Best stick to astrology.

As much as I despised Clinton, yeah, I can entertain the thought of parasitic women who had him by the balls so to speak. The same holds true of any individual of high stature. Could Clinton have committed crimes that were covered up? Yeah, I can buy that as well. The bottom line is that there will always be those who want a cut of the money pie and will do anything to achieve it. To believe that every sexual assault allegation is true solely because a woman, or even a man for that matter, said to be true is naïve.
    It might be naive to believe such charges are true, but charges must be investigated as if they ARE true to eliminate opinions like yours. Once proof is submitted a determination can be reached. But your dismissing these claims out of hand isn't good investigative work.
    It might be naive to believe such charges are true, but charges must be investigated as if they ARE true to eliminate opinions like yours. Once proof is submitted a determination can be reached. But your dismissing these claims out of hand isn't good investigative work.

Well, I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    I hope Fox hires more women commentators. They have a group of very intelligent women that are true Conservatives. It will be difficult for the Left to malign these women and even more difficult to challenge their discussions. Time for the old farts to move aside and let the younger, smarter, and as a side benefit, better looking women take over the fight. Outnumbered is an excellent show that is truly balanced reporting/commentary. IMHO
    Well, I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

So be it. But please, before you go, explain how blanket dismissal of women's claims of sexual assault/harassment is good investigative technique.
    pjames777 wrote: »
    I hope Fox hires more women commentators. They have a group of very intelligent women that are true Conservatives. It will be difficult for the Left to malign these women and even more difficult to challenge their discussions. Time for the old farts to move aside and let the younger, smarter, and as a side benefit, better looking women take over the fight. Outnumbered is an excellent show that is truly balanced reporting/commentary. IMHO

I agree. Most of the gals on Fox are pretty good. I'll admit though, I was lad to see Megyn Kelly leave. Not so much for her political opinions or dislike of Trump, but because of her continued flip flopping on issues. Plus, she was playing the woman "victim" card a bit too much for my taste. I would however like to see Tomi Lahren get a slot. Plus, she's smokin' hot! Ha! Yeah, she may not be a "true" conservative but I like her wit and intelligence.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,987 Senior Member
    I would however like to see Tomi Lahren get a slot. Plus, she's smokin' hot! Ha! Yeah, she may not be a "true" conservative but I like her wit and intelligence.

As long as she doesnt run down her boss and his company and all of her coworkers, she might stay hired. Of course she has to get past that fact that her opinion of herself doesnt mean that she will have employment.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    As long as she doesnt run down her boss and his company and all of her coworkers, she might stay hired. Of course she has to get past that fact that her opinion of herself doesnt mean that she will have employment.

She used to be on the Blaze network until recently. I haven't seen her on there lately, but I didn't know she was canned. What exactly did she do?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    She used to be on the Blaze network until recently. I haven't seen her on there lately, but I didn't know she was canned. What exactly did she do?

From my understanding she stated that she was (gasps) pro-choice.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    From my understanding she stated that she was (gasps) pro-choice.

I believe she was politically a libertarian, so that's not much of a surprise.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I believe she was politically a libertarian, so that's not much of a surprise.

Yeah, sounds like it. Personally, I find abortion wrong and inherently evil. However, I agree with her on the fact that abortion, as with any other issue not addressed in the Constitution, should be left up to the states to decide as guaranteed by the 10th Amendment - NOT the federal government.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,906 Senior Member
    I know this is not exactly the same but David Letterman was doing several workers and admitted it and was a bigger star for it. My biggest concern about Oriely is he has been convicted in the press and is gone.
    I know this is not exactly the same but David Letterman was doing several workers and admitted it and was a bigger star for it. My biggest concern about Oriely is he has been convicted in the press and is gone.

Exactly.
    Letterman wasn't accused of harassment so far as I know. He screwed around.

My heart didn't bleed for O'Reilly after he paid out that first couple of million bucks for hush money. I consider that to be telling. Sarah Palin indicated in not so many words that the Corporate Upstairs at Fox needed to be cleaned out. When she was asked if she was harassed, what she didn't say was "No Way!' An interesting interview if you look it up, it's substantial.

Roger Ailes got fired, Bill O'Rielly got fired for the same thing. Andrea Tantaros filed a suit against O'Reilly and maybe Fox and she'll probably win. Reading the petition sounds like something truthful and pretty awful.

Some women don't let this bother them enough to file a lawsuit against a rich man, but some DO let this bother them to the point they want to sue. And they do. And apparently got paid $13M.

O'Rielly is arrogant and a bully-boy, which doesn't make him more sympathetic.

So far as I know, there's no crime here, unless it's a crime to pursue someone who doesn't want to see you. He won't get "convicted"; what he'll get is a loss of respect and probably a lack of income. His career is ruined unless he does something drastic to try to recover.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,185 Senior Member
    According to google, he is 69 years old and worth over 80 million. He will retire and be just fine.
    Don't know if he did anything wrong or not, his prior pay off makes it difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    The fact that there has been 13 million in hush money says worlds to me.

I'm not giving better than 16% of my net worth to anybody without a damned good reason.

You had a good run, Bill...now go away. Good riddance.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Oh I'll bet this was not paid with his money. Both the network and himself must carry substantial insurance for just this type of issue...

You're likely correct, but that only means a change in percentage. Fox didn't let the face of the number one news show go for no reason. Sexual harassment is a serious claim that must be taken seriously, but you don't fire the top dog for merely being accused without cause. O'reilly is getting what he deserves and the fact that Fox dumped him this quickly and unceremoniously tells me they're not done shelling clams yet.
    George Carlin
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Don't care one way or another about O'Reilly except to say if he's guilty, good. If not, it's a shame.

Here's what I'll say about women.

As a criminal investigator in the Air Force, I investigated about 2 dozen rape allegations. Every one turned out to be an admitted "False Allegation." There are a lot of motivations for these allegations, and mentally unsound women are the greatest factor.

Do women get raped? Yup. Do some lie about it? Yup. Do some not report it? Yup.

In the 80s, OSI had a wonderful tool. A psychologically based check list that once completed by the victim, gave the investigator an nearly 100% reliable test as to the veracity of the complainant and the truth about the allegation. Once the victim was apprised of the inconsistencies and the questioning became a little more focused, the allegations fell apart in the vast majority of the cases. The alleged "Rape Culture" in the military does NOT exist.

You can thank representative Pat Schroeder for making the military do away with this investigative tool.

The closest I got to an actual rape case was an Army woman who claimed to have awakened from a drunken stupor with a man doing the nasty on her. When she told him to stop, he stopped! She told me, "He was kind of cute. If he'd have asked, I'd have let him." The Staff Judge Advocate declared, "I can't prosecute this!

The rape culture in the military does NOT exist. Nor does it exist on college campuses. It's a fabrication of feminists and the media
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    I think that "rape culture" could often be exchanged for "after action regret culture". It's far easier to blame somebody else than to look inward for answers to questions the 'victim' would rather not ask. Society had become VERY interested in assigning victim status to nearly everybody and I think this might be one of the results.

I don't believe this is the situation O'reilly finds himself in though. I have no evidence of this, call it a hunch.
    George Carlin