Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Who will blink first,could get interesting!

2»

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I don't know tha:
    1- He's that smart
    2- That he can afford that game.

But he's certainly nutty enough to be trying...

Un is playing a game of bluff and bluster. He might just be crazy like a Fox.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I'm reminded of the scene in one of the Indiana Jones movies where he's confronted with the big dude swinging the scimitar. One shot with that .455 Webley solved that problem pretty quickly. Porky Pig probably needs the same sort of response to all his bluff and bluster.
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    I'm fairly certain, at least in my own feeble mind, that if China decides that this imbecile needs to go, it will happen immediately. They play the 'long game,' and they have been pulling the strings on N. Korea for three generations. I find it hard to believe that they gave them what technology they have, and did not hold on to the self-destruct capability. N. Korea is a buffer against the west for them, and having them be provocative, while pretending to be neutral, themselves, is a useful tool in their own arsenal. They get to study our military tactics and capabilities at close range, and can turn down the temperature any time they want. They are taking the measure of Donald Trump, and gaining prestige in the world as a legitimate super power.

Trump is probably wise to let himself be played a little bit by the Chinese leader, just as long as he keeps a carrier group nearby, and keeps up the bluster enough to make him be a little bit uncertain about what kind of response we are capable of.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    This is one area I feel like Trump may end up deserving some credit. At least assuming I'm attributing his motives appropriately.

I see this as mostly a bluff to get China to step up and take care of the North Korea problem. If that works out it's a huge win, but certainly not a strategy without risks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

When you come up with a strategy without risks when dealing with the scumbags of the world, you will be a rich man. Everything we do has risks. We like to think we choose the ones with the least risks but sometimes even the best laid plans can go Bonkers!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I'm reminded of the scene in one of the Indiana Jones movies where he's confronted with the big dude swinging the scimitar. One shot with that .455 Webley solved that problem pretty quickly. Porky Pig probably needs the same sort of response to all his bluff and bluster.
    Jerry

Yeah, we need to render that hog out. Just think of all the oil! We could lube the planet with all the lard we'd get. He's what a Texican calls a 12 dozen head. You could make 12 dozen tamales with it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Speaking of Chinese tech. I wonder if there is a guy in China who's only job is to push the self-destruct button on the missiles that are being launched :tooth:

Judging by that last launch, he wouldn't have been needed. That thing came apart like a cardboard toy rocket all on its own! :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams