Tempers-flare-over-removal-of-confederate-statues-in-New-Orleans

sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior MemberPosts: 1,755 Senior Member
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tempers-flare-over-removal-of-confederate-statues-in-new-orleans/ar-BBAPJ9T?li=BBnb7Kz

Erasing history is wrong X three. Do they even teach real history in our communist indoctrination centers (public schools) anymore?

This is the first comment on the article. I agree.

Let's ignore history and destroy all that we disagree with. Pretend it didn't happen. Renaming a school from George Washington Elementary to Dr. Charles Richard Drew is a disgrace. Only a sleazy politician and a stinking Communist could think of such a thing. Where would anyone in this country be today, regardless of race, if it weren't for George Washington? How many of these bags would have liked to face General Lee on the battlefield? You don't have to be anti-black or pro-slavery to appreciate the bravery and genius of such a man. He wasn't fighting to preserve slavery. He was fighting to save his homeland. The same can be said for all of the men who fought and died during the Civil War. Neither side was fighting for or against slavery. They were fighting to protect their respective economies/states/way of life. We cannot undo the past. We can only learn from it.
«13456789

Replies

  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The same snowflake idiots who are trying to erase American history are outraged when ISIS destroys the relics of bygone civilizations in an attempt to impose their world view on the countries they occupy. What, exactly, is the difference in destroying relics of the Confederacy or blowing up ancient religious sites? At least we can make war on ISIS with tanks, planes and drones! Shoot a liberal, or even talk about it, and the hypocrites get all bent out of shape!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,823 Senior Member
    This is complete, and utter PCBS. Send them to California...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,518 Senior Member
    Even if the Confederacy was fighting for slavery (and some were) it is a disgrace to try to erase the past. For better or worse, there are lessons to be learned. We need to see history for what it was-- warts and all.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,454 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Even if the Confederacy was fighting for slavery (and some were) it is a disgrace to try to erase the past. For better or worse, there are lessons to be learned. We need to see history for what it was-- warts and all.
    :agree::applause:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,038 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tempers-flare-over-removal-of-confederate-statues-in-new-orleans/ar-BBAPJ9T?li=BBnb7Kz

    Erasing history is wrong X three. Do they even teach real history in our communist indoctrination centers (public schools) anymore?

    This is the first comment on the article. I agree.

    Let's ignore history and destroy all that we disagree with. Pretend it didn't happen. Renaming a school from George Washington Elementary to Dr. Charles Richard Drew is a disgrace. Only a sleazy politician and a stinking Communist could think of such a thing. Where would anyone in this country be today, regardless of race, if it weren't for George Washington? How many of these bags would have liked to face General Lee on the battlefield? You don't have to be anti-black or pro-slavery to appreciate the bravery and genius of such a man. He wasn't fighting to preserve slavery. He was fighting to save his homeland. The same can be said for all of the men who fought and died during the Civil War. Neither side was fighting for or against slavery. They were fighting to protect their respective economies/states/way of life. We cannot undo the past. We can only learn from it.

    Well said and completely true Bro!!! I'm sick of everybody being butt hurt because of something that actually happened in history and wanting to change it to suit their butt hurt feelings. Poo Happens, they need to get over it!!! It's bad enough we have to listen to these idiots from Hollywood spout off and show their ignorance! But now we have to listen to every Podunk who thinks he/she is intelligent tell us how to think and point out how UN PC we are for doing things as they've been since this country was founded! Get off it Dummies!!! Or DUMMYCRAPS!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,956 Senior Member
    Renaming a school from George Washington Elementary to Dr. Charles Richard Drew is a disgrace. Only a sleazy politician and a stinking Communist could think of such a thing. Where would anyone in this country be today, regardless of race, if it weren't for George Washington?

    I generally agree about that the current effort to remove any statue, monument, or memorial to Confederate soldiers or leaders is wrong. It is part of history and people should remember it.

    I do disagree with your other point though. There are literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of buildings, monuments, streets, etc. Named after Washington. I can't go 2 blacks in the capital city named after Washington without running into something else named after him. I didn't know who Drew was, but after looking it up, yes it seems like pioneering medical procedures that saved the lives of thousands of soldiers in WWII is the type of thing that is deserving of having a school named after you.



    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    There are literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of buildings, monuments, streets, etc. Named after MLK.

    fixed.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,900 Senior Member
    I can't go 2 blacks in the capital city named after Washington without running into something else named after him.

    In DC that's a funny typo... seriously!

    D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,332 Senior Member
    Naming streets after Barack Obama while still alive and in office was a bit over the top, if you ask me. Another exercise in political correctness gone berserk, but that's PC lib-town Orlando for you.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If those streets are in the middle of public housing projects filled with welfare parasites, dope dealers, thieves, and other examples of the lazy scum of society, it's probably appropriate!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,332 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    If those streets are in the middle of public housing projects filled with welfare parasites, dope dealers, thieves, and other examples of the lazy scum of society, it's probably appropriate!
    Jerry

    The odd thing about it is that the one I am referring to was a new road that needed a name....it leads to a shopping mall (Mall at Millenia) that caters to the upscale, hoity-toyty crowd, and the only reason I can think of that they named the SOB after Obama was to impress the ghetto community that is not that far away.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,332 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    In DC that's a funny typo... seriously!

    D

    Freudian slip?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 9,088 Senior Member
    I generally agree about that the current effort to remove any statue, monument, or memorial to Confederate soldiers or leaders is wrong. It is part of history and people should remember it.

    I do disagree with your other point though. There are literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of buildings, monuments, streets, etc. Named after Washington. I can't go 2 blacks in the capital city named after Washington without running into something else named after him. I didn't know who Drew was, but after looking it up, yes it seems like pioneering medical procedures that saved the lives of thousands of soldiers in WWII is the type of thing that is deserving of having a school named after you.



    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk


    Absolutely correct, so build a new school and name it after him. Do not rename a school already there
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 475 Member
    It's all a bunch of PC bull S**T. The war of northern aggression wasn't about slavery. It was about states rights. The whole slavery thing is bs. I get tired of hearing about possibly compensating Africans because slavery. Who do they think put them on the boat too come here. Waring tribes in Africa caught and sold there enemy's to the Europeans and Americans.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,376 Senior Member
    This trend to revise history is part of the decline of this nation...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,332 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    This trend to revise history is part of the decline of this nation...

    It's all part of the left-wing plan. Once people are totally misinformed about history by being fed lies every day, they are easier to manipulate.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,518 Senior Member
    Johnny reb wrote: »
    It's all a bunch of PC bull S**T. The war of northern aggression wasn't about slavery. It was about states rights.
    ...states rights for its white citizens to own black slaves. Of course it was about slavery! It may not have been for the poor bastards that were fighting and dying on the front lines, but it certainly was for the elites of southern society.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,089 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The same snowflake idiots who are trying to erase American history are outraged when ISIS destroys the relics of bygone civilizations in an attempt to impose their world view on the countries they occupy. What, exactly, is the difference in destroying relics of the Confederacy or blowing up ancient religious sites? At least we can make war on ISIS with tanks, planes and drones! Shoot a liberal, or even talk about it, and the hypocrites get all bent out of shape!
    Jerry

    EXACTLY! Typical of the Left revisionists. Party of Tolerance my butt!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,281 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    This is complete, and utter PCBS. Send them to California...

    easy now...
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    ...states rights for its white citizens to own black slaves. Of course it was about slavery! It may not have been for the poor bastards that were fighting and dying on the front lines, but it certainly was for the elites of southern society.

    You might want to study up a little more on that. Lincoln got elected in 1860 and vowed not to allow slavery in the territories that had not yet become states. He had no legal authority to do so but tried anyway. 11 states were pizzed about it and seceded from the Union​. 7 slave owning states formed the Confederate states and stopped sending tax money to the US government which was a huge monetary kick in the shorts as those seven states were steeped in agriculture and represented a huge amount of revenue for the government. This was the spark that started the civil war under the premise that those 11 states had no right to secede although secession wasn't made illegal until 1868, three years after the civil war ended. It seems that Lincoln didn't want to give up all that tax revenue and used the slavery issue to fight for it.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,518 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    You might want to study up a little more on that. Lincoln got elected in 1860 and vowed not to allow slavery in the territories that had not yet become states. He had no legal authority to do so but tried anyway. 11 states were pizzed about it and seceded from the Union​. 7 slave owning states formed the Confederate states and stopped sending tax money to the US government which was a huge monetary kick in the shorts as those seven states were steeped in agriculture and represented a huge amount of revenue for the government. This was the spark that started the civil war under the premise that those 11 states had no right to secede although secession wasn't made illegal until 1868, three years after the civil war ended. It seems that Lincoln didn't want to give up all that tax revenue and used the slavery issue to fight for it.
    So you are saying that the issue of slavery started this whole ball rolling? While I do agree that the states had a right to secede and that the states rights were trampled all over in an effort to preserve the Union and the motivation could very well be tax revenue and probably resources, at the core of the matter was slavery. I do not think I can be convinced otherwise.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,038 Senior Member
    It's all part of the left-wing plan. Once people are totally misinformed about history by being fed lies every day, they are easier to manipulate.

    Yeah, because you lead them right where you want them where they want to believe your BS. If people had any balls they'd lock the commies up. OK There I've said it. Joe McCarthy has raised his ugly head. Now everybody will say SNAKE is a Prejudiced Bigot. He hates people different from his self.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,365 Senior Member
    It's the same mouth breathing, nose picking, booger eating thinking that ISIS uses to destroy any statue or thing that does not agree with their caliphate agenda. The Democrats, progressives, liberals, and communists here just co-opted ISIS methods to further their agenda, along with the mouth breathing, nose picking, and booger eating. And neither group is worth the price of enough powder and lead balls to put them where they belong.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.



  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That description should probably include the brainwashed fools who have been indoctrinated by a century and a half of lies written by the winners of the conflict. They sincerely believe the BS they've been spoon-fed since preschool. Teaching a falsified version of history is part and parcel of mind control. It has not been confined to the tactics Nazi Germany used on the Brown Shirts. Look at some of the comments on this thread by people who were "educated" north of Kentucky.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    None of anything I may know about military conflict is from experience. It is all academic. I have come to believe that the only real perspective of these things is the myopic one. Everything else is convoluted. I think this is something that's lost on the statue removers.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,956 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    ...states rights for its white citizens to own black slaves. Of course it was about slavery! It may not have been for the poor bastards that were fighting and dying on the front lines, but it certainly was for the elites of southern society.
    Wait you mean the poor saps were brainwashed through propaganda and false narratives to fight and die for the benefit of the wealthy and powerful?
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Johnny reb wrote: »
    I get tired of hearing about possibly compensating Africans because slavery. Who do they think put them on the boat too come here. Waring tribes in Africa caught and sold there enemy's to the Europeans and Americans.

    This is another part of history that never gets brought up and few if any African Americans would ever acknowledge this. The public is supposed to believe that fat pasty white guys with money went traipsing through the jungles and captured the locals to be brought to the US and sold as slaves. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    If by brainwashed you mean united by a common desire to preserve their way of life and keep a modicum of independence from a tyrannical central government trying to do a huger power grab, then I'd say yes...

    Thank you.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,518 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    This is another part of history that never gets brought up and few if any African Americans would ever acknowledge this. The public is supposed to believe that fat pasty white guys with money went traipsing through the jungles and captured the locals to be brought to the US and sold as slaves. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Correct. Starting in 1808, the importation of slaves was banned. We had to breed our own slaves at home after that. Quite often, it was the fat pasty white slave masters or owners that were doing the breeding themselves and generating some new "human capital".
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,332 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeah, because you lead them right where you want them where they want to believe your BS. If people had any balls they'd lock the commies up. OK There I've said it. Joe McCarthy has raised his ugly head. Now everybody will say SNAKE is a Prejudiced Bigot. He hates people different from his self.

    Joe McCarthy had his flaws, but his stand on communism and the infiltration of government, public education, the entertainment and news industry was exactly right.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.