Today The Statue Comes Down

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior MemberPosts: 2,725 Senior Member
In New Orleans
General Robert E. Lee's Statue.

Tomorrow the names of major military instillations such as Ft. Benning (named in honor of Confederate General Henry Benning--a family member of sorts) will be changed (as soon as the dumbsh--s realize who these military bases are named for).

Then it will be people such as I whose ancestary, 100%, fought for and supported the Confederacy.

Then----SEIG HEIL!

I'm not easily whipped into excitement, politically, but I'm beginning to wonder where we are headed :yikes:

Replies

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    So, does this change history?
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    No, naturally. History, accurately viewed and understood, can't be changed. This destruction of historical monuments is simply an expression of the dumb, misguided people who somehow have gotten into power. Stupidity beyond belief is what I see.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,794 Senior Member
    john9001 wrote: »

(Sarcasm on in nuclear fusion bomb mode)
    Yes, it does. Since all vestiges of the history of the South are being removed, then the Civil War no longer is a historical fact. That means the Lincoln Monument is irrelevant and needs removal. And Washington, D.C. must be renamed as it was named after a slave owner. Jefferson Monument must also be removed for the same reason. And George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Abraham Lincoln must be removed from Mt. Rushmore, leaving only Theodore Roosevelt, and he is suspect. Need to get all them folk and others off the U.S. currency, too. And tear down the monuments from both sides of the conflict in all the military parks. Can't have one without the other. Sell the military parks lands to developers and put up free condos for the snowflakes.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Maybe an accurate geopolitical map of America during the 1860's with red dots indicating battle sights should become part of public school curriculum. Maybe some folks might pull there heads outta their buns.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,263 Senior Member
    Changing history is easy- - - -just get all the teachers to parrot the same lies for about three generations, and nobody will remember what actually happened. The compliant little drones they teach will never have enough curiosity to do any independent research to find out just how far from the truth their trusted mentors have misguided them.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,065 Senior Member
    Sadder still is that no one gave a damn until the statues were removed. The cities where they were located are largely inhabited by the descendants of slaves whose emotional response to Confederate generals is far different from those of us who are descended from Europeans.

In the battle for history, we've lost.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,652 Senior Member
    No, naturally. History, accurately viewed and understood, can't be changed. This destruction of historical monuments is simply an expression of the dumb, misguided people who somehow have gotten into power. Stupidity beyond belief is what I see.

Are the statues being destroyed or locked away somewhere?
    I cant imagine they are being destroyed.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    In New Orleans
    General Robert E. Lee's Statue.

Tomorrow the names of major military instillations such as Ft. Benning (named in honor of Confederate General Henry Benning--a family member of sorts) will be changed (as soon as the dumbsh--s realize who these military bases are named for).

Then it will be people such as I whose ancestary, 100%, fought for and supported the Confederacy.

Then----SEIG HEIL!

I'm not easily whipped into excitement, politically, but I'm beginning to wonder where we are headed :yikes:

Just send ol' Bob Lee's statue here to my house too. I'll take that one also. I'll put it on my roof. Just put 'em all in my yard and in my drive way. All the Libtard's can drive by and look at me because I will be offering friendly gestures back to them. Like in Here ya go Libtards! Sit on this and spin!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    They are being moved but I forget where to.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,058 Senior Member
    They are being moved but I forget where to.

In some areas, they are being put in cemeteries where Civil War dead are.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,794 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Are the statues being destroyed or locked away somewhere?
    I cant imagine they are being destroyed.

They are being stored in a local JUNKYARD with the rest of the scrap metal.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    As much as it infuriates me, when I get a little more objective about it, I find it less remarkable that these monuments are coming down, than it is that they were able to be erected 100+ years ago in the first place.

Set aside for a moment what the cause was, or on what side of it you might stand and consider: Just how common has it been around the world for monuments to be erected for the side that LOST, when that side was not another nation, but an internal matter, and the ground afterwards held by the conqueror? Typically, the only elements of insurrection that don't get briskly and enthusiastically erased are those that the victor can use to state "Don't try that again" or "Why we're better". It's a very ticklish thing for the winning side to allow continued displays of "But those other guys had some good points too". In that broad historical sense, the continued display of artifacts of the 1861-1865 events are fairly unique, and what's happening now to remove them is simply a belated dose of normalcy. Understandable to be cranky about it, but really, if it's that much of an issue, YOU should be the one melting down Lee's statue. . .to cast into a bronze 12-pound Napoleon. Tom Jackson would approve.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    No but it damages perception of history by the ignorant lemmings.
    Teach wrote: »
    Changing history is easy- - - -just get all the teachers to parrot the same lies for about three generations, and nobody will remember what actually happened. The compliant little drones they teach will never have enough curiosity to do any independent research to find out just how far from the truth their trusted mentors have misguided them.
    Jerry
    Is George Orwell's 1984 still required reading? Didn't think so. Far to revealing.
    tennmike wrote: »
    They are being stored in a local JUNKYARD with the rest of the scrap metal.
    Or in the government warehouse portrayed in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"s final scene. Perhaps they will "accidently" fall into Lake Pontchartrain.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    Or in the government warehouse portrayed in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"s final scene. Perhaps they will "accidently" fall into Lake Pontchartrain.

"Richmond development proceeding. . .Acquire headpiece Staff of Davis. . .Contact PGT Beauregard C.S."

We have top men working on it. . .:tooth:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    "Richmond development proceeding. . .Acquire headpiece Staff of Davis. . .Contact PGT Beauregard C.S."

We have top men working on it. . .:tooth:

Ha! Good one!