Home Main Category Clubhouse

Lunchtime entertainment

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
I'm watching 2 coyote and a large pitbull/lab looking dog. The dog wants to play, yotes not so much. Turns out there are a couple pups hiding in the tall grass. This could get good.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    The male keeps trying to lead the dog away but the dog keeps coming back. He just chased the male and female took off after them. Out of sight now. Pups are alone. Look to be 3 or 4 months old.

Been gone a while now. If I was in an area I could defend myself I'd get out and look but its right next to a busy road so shooting would be frowned upon.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Been gone a while now. If I was in an area I could defend myself I'd get out and look but its right next to a busy road so shooting would be frowned upon.

They will kill the dog. They sucker them off and the pack joins in. The dog, I don't care how big or mean, will lose this. It's the old strength in numbers deal. There may be 20 yotes in waiting. It's their oldest trick.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    These are city yotes, you never see packs around here. 2 or 3 maybe. Packs would be dealt with pretty quick. Further outside the city I've heard of people seeing packs. This was less than a mile from redstone Arsonal. Lots of traffic.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    These are city yotes, you never see packs around here. 2 or 3 maybe. Packs would be dealt with pretty quick. Further outside the city I've heard of people seeing packs. This was less than a mile from redstone Arsonal. Lots of traffic.

Don't make a damn. Three or four can overtake the dog. And I guarantee you there's at least to more hiding. They're sneaky devils.

I was hunting on my old deer lease at Gonzales TX back in the early 80s and six of them filed right by me not 6 feet away. I was armed but with a bolt action with 4 shots available I didn't want to disturb them. I froze until the parade passed me. Then got my happy ass up and went to my car.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.