Home Main Category General Firearms

My local gun shop is closing....

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 16,914 Senior Member
Sad news...the little local gun shop/gunsmith is closing in August. This place has been selling and fixing firearms for at least three generations. It's small with neat stuff packed in every nook and cranny...and the shop area is twice the size of twice the size of the sales area. There is an amazing display of High and
Low Walls, Ballards, Rolling Blocks and Sharps that belonged to the original owner, who was a target shooter of some renown. If you need a part or weird or obsolete ammo...odds are they have it. A true gun shop of my youth....20% off everything..
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Sad news...the little local gun shop/gunsmith is closing in August. This place has been selling and fixing firearms for at least three generations. It's small with neat stuff packed in every nook and cranny...and the shop area is twice the size of twice the size of the sales area. There is an amazing display of High and
    Low Walls, Ballards, Rolling Blocks and Sharps that belonged to the original owner, who was a target shooter of some renown. If you need a part or weird or obsolete ammo...odds are they have it. A true gun shop of my youth....20% off everything..
    Sad day. Contact info?
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    It does suck but also presents a unique buying opportunity for you my advice .....SPLURGE.
    I'd be interested in the odd stuff especially relating to S&W
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    Any 348 win stuff? Old steel tube us made weavers? Williams/redfield/ Lyman receiver sights? Oh man!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Any 348 win stuff? Old steel tube us made weavers? Williams/redfield/ Lyman receiver sights? Oh man!

Not sure if this guy does anything on line or by mail....I will check...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    It's always painful to see these places go away. There aren't enough of them left as it is.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    It's always painful to see these places go away. There aren't enough of them left as it is.

This.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith