Looks like the alt left is eating one of its own

2»

Replies

  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,606 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Personally, I could care less about the whole severed head thing. I don't have to like it, but I see it as legitimate free speech. No doubt, had that been Obama's head, we would have heard the exact same whining and crying but on the left. But what gets me is that in addition, I would have had to hear how "racist" it was.
    Threatening the President of the United States is a class E felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871.[1][2][3] It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States". This also includes presidential candidates and former Presidents. The United States Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the President. Threatening the President is considered a political offense.[4] Immigrants who commit this crime can be deported.[5]
    Because the offense consists of pure speech, the courts have issued rulings attempting to balance the government's interest in protecting the President with free speech rights under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. According to the book Stalking, Threatening, and Attacking Public Figures, "Hundreds of celebrity howlers threaten the President of the United States every year, sometimes because they disagree with his policies, but more often just because he is the President."[6]
    The prototype for Section 871 was the English Treason Act 1351, which made it a crime to "compass or imagine" the death of the King. Convictions under 18 U.S.C. § 871 have been sustained for declaring that "President Wilson ought to be killed. It is a wonder some one has not done it already. If I had an opportunity, I would do it myself.";[7] and for declaring that "Wilson is a wooden-headed son of a bitch. I wish Wilson was in hell, and if I had the power I would put him there."[8] In a later era, a conviction was sustained for displaying posters urging passersby to "hang [President] Roosevelt".[9]
    There has been some controversy among the federal appellate courts as to how the term "willfully" should be interpreted. Traditional legal interpretations of the term are reflected by Black's Law Dictionary's definition, which includes descriptions such as "malicious, done with evil intent, or with a bad motive or purpose," but most courts have adopted a more easily proven standard. For instance, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit held that a threat was knowingly made if the maker comprehended the meaning of the words uttered by him. It was willingly made, if in addition to comprehending the meaning of his words, the maker voluntarily and intentionally uttered them as a declaration of apparent determination to carry them into execution.[10] According to the U.S. Attorney's Manual, "Of the individuals who come to the Secret Service's attention as creating a possible danger to one of their protectees, approximately 75 percent are mentally ill."[11]
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Maybe its just me but that lady looked a few rounds short of a full clip on tv.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,197 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    Threatening the President of the United States is a class E felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871.[1][2][3] It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States". This also includes presidential candidates and former Presidents. The United States Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the President. Threatening the President is considered a political offense.[4] Immigrants who commit this crime can be deported.[5]
    Because the offense consists of pure speech, the courts have issued rulings attempting to balance the government's interest in protecting the President with free speech rights under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. According to the book Stalking, Threatening, and Attacking Public Figures, "Hundreds of celebrity howlers threaten the President of the United States every year, sometimes because they disagree with his policies, but more often just because he is the President."[6]
    The prototype for Section 871 was the English Treason Act 1351, which made it a crime to "compass or imagine" the death of the King. Convictions under 18 U.S.C. § 871 have been sustained for declaring that "President Wilson ought to be killed. It is a wonder some one has not done it already. If I had an opportunity, I would do it myself.";[7] and for declaring that "Wilson is a wooden-headed son of a bitch. I wish Wilson was in hell, and if I had the power I would put him there."[8] In a later era, a conviction was sustained for displaying posters urging passersby to "hang [President] Roosevelt".[9]
    There has been some controversy among the federal appellate courts as to how the term "willfully" should be interpreted. Traditional legal interpretations of the term are reflected by Black's Law Dictionary's definition, which includes descriptions such as "malicious, done with evil intent, or with a bad motive or purpose," but most courts have adopted a more easily proven standard. For instance, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit held that a threat was knowingly made if the maker comprehended the meaning of the words uttered by him. It was willingly made, if in addition to comprehending the meaning of his words, the maker voluntarily and intentionally uttered them as a declaration of apparent determination to carry them into execution.[10] According to the U.S. Attorney's Manual, "Of the individuals who come to the Secret Service's attention as creating a possible danger to one of their protectees, approximately 75 percent are mentally ill."[11]
    So why isn't Ted Nugent sitting in prison?:roll:
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    a stupid beeyotch who bats for the other team chooses to poke a grizzly bear with a longtime reputation for chewing the ass off people who piss him off- - - - -then she's all butthurt when he does exactly what he's good at! Did i mention she's stupid?
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry

    lmao! Exactly!!
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,606 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    So why isn't Ted Nugent sitting in prison?:roll:
    Maybe because he was busy sitting in the white house having dinner with the Trumps. These threats are investigated but very, very rarely are prosecuted unless an actual attempt is made.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,049 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    So why isn't Ted Nugent sitting in prison?:roll:

    What did Ted do? If this is about the supposed shooting of Obama in effigy...Ted claims it never happened...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,737 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    What did Ted do? If this is about the supposed shooting of Obama in effigy...Ted claims it never happened...

    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ted-nugent-threatens-to-kill-barack-obama-and-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant-20070824
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    There was no death threat there. There were obama targets at the gun range. Someone cried so political pictures were no longer allowed.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,919 Senior Member

    Rolling Stone ceased to have any relevance about the time Jan Wenner came out of the closet. PJ O' Rourke and Hunter Thompson were excellent contributors back in the day.
    That being said, what Ted Nugent said was rude for sure, shut up and play.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,407 Senior Member
    Kathy claims she's getting death threats- - - - -that's a bit extreme, I agree. Now, a little cosmetic surgery by a Saudi with a box cutter should be sufficient- - - - -make her face so butt-ugly than an audience would have an attack of projectile vomiting every time she shows up on stage or camera!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,099 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Kathy claims she's getting death threats- - - - -that's a bit extreme, I agree. Now, a little cosmetic surgery by a Saudi with a box cutter should be sufficient- - - - -make her face so butt-ugly than an audience would have an attack of projectile vomiting every time she shows up on stage or camera!
    Jerry

    Just make her go onstage without any makeup and wig. That would scare her fans straight out the doors in a stampede that would make buffalo (bison) and cattle green with envy.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.



  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,407 Senior Member
    You've got a point there- - - -her makeup artist probably uses a blender to mix up the drywall mud, and a putty knife to apply it!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,144 Senior Member

    R.S: In July, Nugent was quoted in a Wall Street Journal story blaming "stoned, dirty, stinky hippies" for "rising rates of divorce, high school drop-outs, drug use, abortion, sexual diseases and crime, not to mention the exponential expansion of government and taxes."

    Pretty much sums up the staff of the Rolling Stone rag as well. :vomit:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,525 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    So why isn't Ted Nugent sitting in prison?:roll:
    because, there was no threat
    Rocker Ted Nugent is in trouble for remarks he made over the weekend about President Obama at the National Rifle Association’s convention in St. Louis. The Secret Service intends to contact him to ask what he meant when he said in an interview that “if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”
    In context, it was about not surrendering his firearms at the NRA convention. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/Decoder/2012/0417/Ted-Nugent-Threat-to-Obama-or-harmless-loudmouth < not a left wing site

    Unlike holding a bloody head of the sitting Pres while reportedly telling the photographer that they need to go to mexico because she KNEW exactly what they were doing.

    Again, she has the right to free speech, and the responsibility to live with the consequences. To use Scott Adams version of two movies, it seem that one side thinks that whatever happens in their movie is over when the lights come up.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,525 Senior Member
    The Trump clan should have kept their mouths shut about this too. It makes them look like nothing more than a bunch of whining labias. There are enough people around them that could have expressed their outrage for them. It would be nice if they could show some grace for once.
    Snowflakes!

    Really? The worst I see is that the family called it disgusting and sick, and questions the "artists" mental state. I dunno, that pretty well sums up everything wrong with the pic. Hardly bullying.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.