Home Main Category General Firearms

Another high standard......I couldn't even haggle.

WeatherbyWeatherby Senior MemberPosts: 4,953 Senior Member
The price on this was just stupid.
It's even a Hamden gun.
Do they know nothing ?
I always liked the supermatic citations.
Just they are normally way out of my league price wise.
I don't look for things like this anymore...it just happens and I don't say no.
Sorry Jayhawker it probably should have fallen in your lap not mine.

Replies

  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,889 Senior Member
    :love:Nice find!!!

    Sako
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    $175! I hope you arm is OK after yanking your wallet out that fast, most EXCELLENT score, I looked up "sucking" in the dictionary. and there was a picture of you.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Oh man, nice grab :guns: :guns: :applause: :applause: :drool2: :drool2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    $175! I hope you arm is OK after yanking your wallet out that fast, most EXCELLENT score, I looked up "sucking" in the dictionary. and there was a picture of you.

    I'll heal may be a bit slow on the draw for a while though.

    I didn't even pick it up or examine it ....just said I'll take it.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Im speechless.
    That's a special pistol alright!
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Wow, that puppy looks to be in smokin' good condition!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    You're way too lucky finding things like that. I have a strong suspicion that you carry a Leprechaun in the back pocket opposite your wallet! :roll2: That's a really nice find for sure!

    And, BTW, :yousuck:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    I'm sure I would broke something, going for my wallet!! NICE find!!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    Nice
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Wow, that puppy looks to be in smokin' good condition!

    I'm not seeing why it was priced so low.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Thanks guys I do get lucky.
    Mike I'd prefer to think it's an angle.
    I really never found deals until my father passed.
    He knew how I liked Smiths and high standards but never bought them.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,689 Senior Member
    If price's great....why not? There's no such thing as "having too many .22LRs".
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    No kidding - there must have been a trail of smoke behind the credit card it came out so fast!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    No kidding - there must have been a trail of smoke behind the credit card it came out so fast!

    It melted....lol
    I did grin with that one Zorba
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Nice score. Yea, it is kind of hard to walk away from that one.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    Some of those "old" pistols are getting harder to sell, according to a LGS manager I know. The pistol buying demographic is changing to the fantastic plastic and the like. There are some way cool old pistols there just sitting there. "The old guys hanging on the these guns are selling off thier excess guns and we are having a tough time finding buyers for these good guns. Magazines are always hard to find, and the young crowd wants high cap and 4or 5 of them, not 2 to rounders. I say that's crap! There will always be a market for the good stuff. And they ave a lot of it.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Dude. I already didn't like you. Now I can't even look at you.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    Allow me to channel the Mexican soccer man for a moment:

    "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!!!!!!"

    Nicely done! I too shall be adding to our .22 porn in a little over a week.:wink:
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,156 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Some of those "old" pistols are getting harder to sell, according to a LGS manager I know. The pistol buying demographic is changing to the fantastic plastic and the like. There are some way cool old pistols there just sitting there. "The old guys hanging on the these guns are selling off thier excess guns and we are having a tough time finding buyers for these good guns. Magazines are always hard to find, and the young crowd wants high cap and 4or 5 of them, not 2 to rounders. I say that's crap! There will always be a market for the good stuff. And they ave a lot of it.

    If he needs to unload a crappy old metal S&W 41, you just let me know....... :silly:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    If he needs to unload a crappy old metal S&W 41, you just let me know....... :silly:
    They do have one......it's not cheap though
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Allow me to channel the Mexican soccer man for a moment:

    "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!!!!!!"

    Nicely done! I too shall be adding to our .22 porn in a little over a week.:wink:

    Sweet I look forward to seeing it.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Well it's a keeper.
    Some feed issue especially initially I need to iron out.
    Otherwise a quick sight adjustment got me feeling pretty good about it.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Great to hear it. Hopefully, the feed issues will work out and you'll continue to see great accuracy from it. Of course, a couple more amoo tests might get it shooting even tighter.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement