Home Main Category General Firearms

Heizer DoubleTap: What do you think?

HakkonenHakkonen MemberPosts: 251 Member
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/12/05/introducing-the-diminuitive-heizer-doubletap/

If you watch closely in the video as the sales rep demonstrates the action with a cutaway model, the gun (an over-under derringer in .45 ACP) fires both barrels simultaneously, making it effectively a single-shot gun. Sure, there are two more rounds in the grip, but you have to load each of them into the tip-up barrels manually. To my mind, this severely limits its utility even as a hold-out piece. What do the G&A forum gurus think?
"If money is speech, then no money means no speech." --Bill Moyers

Money is not speech, corporations are not people, and wealth does not trickle down.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "Stupid is as stupid does!" My AMT Backup .45 gives me 6 rounds in a package about the same size, and I can fire them one at a time.
    Jerry
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,300 Senior Member
    Hakkonen wrote: »

If you watch closely in the video as the sales rep demonstrates the action with a cutaway model, the gun (an over-under derringer in .45 ACP) fires both barrels simultaneously, making it effectively a single-shot gun.
    If you watch this video from Heizer, they mention that the barrels are sequentially fired, and the porting aids a rapid second shot.
    http://youtu.be/dDSOfVz__ks
    The graphic DOES make it look like it fires both simultaneously, but the information in the video says otherwise so :uhm:
    My PM40 is only minimally larger and has 3x the capacity, so unless it is VERY "affordable", I think I'll pass
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    "Deringers" have their place. This is probably one of the best designs for such a concept. I don't need one.

Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    An update inspired by the WWII Liberator?
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,780 Senior Member
    Shoot that once and go "Huh" the rest of your life.

Ported or unported, I bet the .45 unported is real fun to shoot.

I need a bigger handgun; but, it should be easy to conceal.

I'd go with the 14 oz version if I bought one.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • HakkonenHakkonen Member Posts: 251 Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    If you watch this video from Heizer, they mention that the barrels are sequentially fired, and the porting aids a rapid second shot.
    http://youtu.be/dDSOfVz__ks
    The graphic DOES make it look like it fires both simultaneously, but the information in the video says otherwise so :uhm:
    My PM40 is only minimally larger and has 3x the capacity, so unless it is VERY "affordable", I think I'll pass

I don't see how the barrels can be sequentially fired, when the hammer quite clearly strikes both of them simultaneously. I guess I'll take the guy's word for it. :confused:

On an unrelated note, I found it mildly amusing that they specified their company's location as "St. Louis - Missouri - USA - Earth." I wasn't aware we already had colonies on other planets.

Money is not speech, corporations are not people, and wealth does not trickle down.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,247 Senior Member
    There are worse things out there. And since I eventually plan to own one of every model of gun, I would not kick it out of my safe for eating crackers.

But it's WAY down the list.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • HakkonenHakkonen Member Posts: 251 Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    And since I eventually plan to own one of every model of gun...

Only one? How small is your vision, sir. ;)

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Wow! A space age Deringer.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    I'd rather have one of these......just sayin
    http://bondarms.com/bond-arms-guns/cowboy-defender
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • ScroungerScrounger New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a Bond Arms Texas Defender in .45LC / .410 shotshell. Love it. Looking at the Heizer. A MSRP of $799. is really high end. What's a good street price?
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,027 Senior Member
    Scrounger wrote: »
    What's a good street price?

Depends on how badly the guy who stole it wants to get rid of it...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    What will they think of next?
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • PegasusPegasus Senior Member Posts: 2,775 Senior Member
    What's not to like. The video says it's a TACTICAL pistol and you can do TACTICAL reloads. It's double tactical, so it must be good.