Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

So people really need food stamps??

2»

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    It's true they did, but it also means a not insignificant portion of our population has a much harder time getting a job, which ironically makes them much more likely to need public assistance or in a lot of cases to return to crime. Worst case scenario they get 3 hots and a cot in the slammer at the cost to tax payers of $30-40k/year.

So what's your answer, give them that same amount in aid and let them continue to commit crimes without fear of consequences?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Worst case scenario they get 3 hots and a cot in the slammer at the cost to tax payers of $30-40k/year.

Best case scenario- - - - -they make a fatal error in the victim selection process and pick on a CCW carrier. They assume room temperature and get a long term lease on a small piece of real estate.
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    It's true they did, but it also means a not insignificant portion of our population has a much harder time getting a job, which ironically makes them much more likely to need public assistance or in a lot of cases to return to crime. Worst case scenario they get 3 hots and a cot in the slammer at the cost to tax payers of $30-40k/year.

Again, choices. Life is FULL of them. Choose well. Once chosen, accept the consequences of those actions. The world doesn't care if you thought you deserved more than you received, it doesn't care if you actually DID deserve more, it doesn't even care if you are OWED more. It's the world, it was here first and it doesn't have to. In fact, judging from my own experience, the world is a bit sadistic and enjoys seeing folks suffer through the consequences of their actions.

Seems like a good reason not to up and make poor choices, no?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,859 Senior Member
    Felons can't make a living is complete BS. Thousands of felons have made upwards of $60K, many times 6 digit salaries, in the oil fields. Hard work, but incredible money to be made. Problem with most of them is, they chose to continue to be felons. Many of them blow all that money on drugs, alcohol and toys and have nothing to show for their hard work. Walmart also hires felons. I see former customers working there all the time. The "war on drugs" argument is lame. They chose to do what they did. They can live with the consequences. If they choose to not let it hold them back, they can become something. Just look at Tim Allen....
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "Colonel Tom Parker" was wanted for murder in the Netherlands. That didn't stop him from taking half of Elvis' earnings for a few decades. He was a rank amateur compared to the felons who manage to get elected to public office and steal billions!
    Jerry
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    You cant. ACLU will be all over you. Sec 8 has more rights than you do as a tenant.

However since you are onboard..

Then Purina people food instead of cards is a great solution to the food stamp program.

Soylent Green is people!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    The micro view says each of us should be accountable for our actions.

The macro view says we should ALL be accountable for our actions.

I guess I'm only seeing a minor difference, but maybe if I was college educated I would start understanding why folks should get a pass... then again, if i was college educated I would also understand why I shouldn't have to pay for college.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin