Home Main Category General Firearms

Stupid me

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 11,743 Senior Member
A couple of weeks ago, my bathrooms/bedroom flooded. The carpet in the BR was very wet. I knew I had a shotgun under my bed and got it out and sprayed the WD 40 and since it was Parkerized, no damage.

Well, today I looked under the bed again and Lo! there was my Brno No 2 in .22 Hornet. I don't remember putting it under there and I'd forgotten I had it. Not totally forgotten, somewhere it was in the back of my mind, but I have a CZ in .223 that looks just like it.

Anyway, some rust on the barrel, but no pitting. Loss of blue. The bore is still excellent and the wood is fine.

I'm still kicking my own ass. Time to do a under-the-bed search for other things.
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,864 Senior Member
    Ouch.... :bang: At least you caught it before it got too much worse.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Still better than finding the milk man under there.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    Well, I understand stashing a Parkerized shotgun under the bed for when you have to hide down there from the Closet Monster, but there's probably more tactically sound places to keep the possum popper.:jester:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,743 Senior Member
    The good news is I found a rifle I'd forgotten about. An addition, I guess. At least the surface didn't have acne, just a little (more than a little) surface rust. I want to shoot it now.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.