Home Main Category General Firearms

Request opinions - Bushnell TRS-25 - net cost $15.00 delivered.

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,973 Senior Member
It appears Bushnell has perhaps miscalculated.

They are offering a $40 rebate on "Trophy" brand scopes, which includes the TRS-25 Trophy red dot. It can be had on Amazon for $55.00 making the net shipped price $15.0051DWykemi-L._SS160_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00200E0HM/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_freeShipping=true&f_new=true

Here is the rebate form:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/01/15/60/19/98/11560199850._CB509178329_.pdf

So is it worth the effort to get one and have it on the shelf ? I have a couple cheap red dots I don't relaly like. Is this daylight viewable? If so I might get one for my S&W 22A

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,645 Senior Member
    Just took a look and appears to be a great deal, except, all those selling at 55.00 are brand new sellers, all have a female name with no history.
    Makes me hesitate, but then again new company using a low price to get their foot in the door?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,850 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Barring a fake product, for $15? Umm yes.
    Yeah, personally, I'd be WARY of all those "just launched" sellers :yikes:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    It can be had for $70 delivered from a reputable dealer... is it worth $30?

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That sounds sort of like the "Leupold" scopes with the slightly off-colored gold ring on them at bargain prices. Cheap Chinese knockoffs!
    Jerry
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,004 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    It can be had for $70 delivered from a reputable dealer... is it worth $30?

D

Absolutely
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,624 Senior Member
    All of their seller's profiles read exactly the same. I wouldn't trust them, personally.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    I have one. Got it for a similarly ridiculously low price. Works fine. Optics have a strong blue tint to them, but have never had a problem with mine in 5-6 years. If you have a use for a red dot and don't mind waiting for the rebate I'd say it's well worth it.

Is it visible in daylight?

D
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,004 Senior Member
    yes. I have one on my Saiga 12, and it works great
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,702 Senior Member
    For $30 I'm about to order one to dink around with on my 22/45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,569 Senior Member
    For $30 I'm about to order one to dink around with on my 22/45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one on my 22/45, it's pretty fun. Works very well, holds zero. I really like mine.
    IIRC, I got mine when they first came out, maybe 10 years ago, and paid around $120 for it.
    I ordered one Monday and it arrived today. It seems very visible in daylight, it is much smaller than I thought.

Thanks Dan
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,702 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    I ordered one Monday and it arrived today. It seems very visible in daylight, it is much smaller than I thought.

Thanks Dan

Which seller did you order from?
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Billy Bobs Bass
    Seemed to be a well rated established seller.
    The quick shipping proves the ratings true