Home Main Category General Firearms

10 MM bullets in an AR, this looks interesting

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 12,410 Senior Member
I don't recall if this has been discussed here yet.
https://400ar.wordpress.com/
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,517 Senior Member
    Eeeeeeeeeenterresting.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,145 Senior Member
    Not that I hang with the crowd obsessed with the notion that the AR-15 is the only only magazine well one can cram cartridges into, but this one is intriguing. That's Rigby diameter and velocity with less weight. . .which you don't need if your target doesn't weigh in excess of a ton. Not much you couldn't settle inside of 200Y with that.

Hmmmm. . .CZ-527? Remington Model Seven? Marlin 94? Hmmmm. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    I'm interested in 10mm AR's, but not necessarily for hunting. I don't see it as likely that it can be made to outperform a standard .308 in an off-the-shelf AR-10 clone.

Something that shoots the pistol round, in carbine length, makes sense to me for rural home defense, but a 'boomer' for hunting...not so much.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,801 Senior Member
    That's coooool. I like it!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Very nice...

It just needs the right bullets to go with it. There is a gap in 150 - 200 gr .40 cal bullets that can handle speeds greater than 1500 fps.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Very nice...

It just needs the right bullets to go with it. There is a gap in 150 - 200 gr .40 cal bullets that can handle speeds greater than 1500 fps.

D

Just make one. There are a lot of molds available in .401 and a hard gas checked cast bullet can be pushed past 2000fps. Powder coated stuff can be pushed even faster than just hard cast.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,426 Senior Member
    Very interesting.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    So a rimless version of the .40 SJS. Theirs is running at the same pressures, but mine is .1" longer (1.80") and works in lever guns and single shot rifles (plus they would be evil in a revolver).
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,410 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    So a rimless version of the .40 SJS. Theirs is running at the same pressures, but mine is .1" longer (1.80") and works in lever guns and single shot rifles (plus they would be evil in a revolver).

I was waiting for you to chime in, those numbers looked very close to your SJS numbers as I recalled, seems like a good AR round to you then?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11