Home Main Category General Firearms

One gun out, 2 guns in

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,801 Senior Member
2 rifles in purgatory! Cabelas is having a sale on all used guns, and I'm building a decent amount of points. In my last acquisition thread I had said if that M70 25-06 was a PF model I'd keep it that way....well, found one! Its in transit from another store. Those are rare to find used, 270 and 06 are a dime a dozen, same with 7mm Rem and less so 300 Win

Also plopped another mauser into layaway. I've been looking at it fir a while, the sale tipped me over the breaking point. Its a vz24, very nicely done 7x57. However, its an oddball, right hand gun/left hand shooter. Gorgeous wood, too. I'll be selling that off, which will offset the cost down quite a bit. I've already got a spare semi inlet that I'll fit and finish. Now I can also sell off my 7x57 prefit barrel (hey SNAKE!!! want an unfired F34 contour threaded/short chambered barrel? I'll make ya a great deal, you've got a spare 98).

Sold the Ruger boat paddle 270, for a profit. It was in the classified section of another site I frequent for about 12 hours. I knew that was a good trade/flip gun when I bought it, Ruger guyd are cultish with those boat paddle stocks.
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Keep it up and you need to change your screen name from MHS to The Rifleman :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,801 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Keep it up and you need to change your screen name from MHS to The Rifleman :guns: :guns:

Well that will make Winchester 70 #5 in possession, #9 ever owned. When trolling used racks that big round bolt knob is the first thing to catch my attention. Wouldn't mind a few more!
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member

I was thinking Wambli JR.......you know one out two in......has he mentioned downsizing?......that's the key
    cpj wrote: »
    I have NO idea why those bot paddles are so popular. But they are. And I love them. But everyone I've seen here (which are FEW) bring new rifle prices.
    I think Ruger would sell a butt load of them if they brought them back.

There is a guy at the gunshow who sells nothing but odd/rare rugers, his boat paddles go 6-900!! There is a super rare blued 35 whelen for a grand.

Agreed that Ruger would kill it. Alaskan guys love em, I've seen them put 375 Ruger Alaskans in them. I would NOT want to shoot that
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    2 rifles in purgatory! Cabelas is having a sale on all used guns, and I'm building a decent amount of points. In my last acquisition thread I had said if that M70 25-06 was a PF model I'd keep it that way....well, found one! Its in transit from another store. Those are rare to find used, 270 and 06 are a dime a dozen, same with 7mm Rem and less so 300 Win

Also plopped another mauser into layaway. I've been looking at it fir a while, the sale tipped me over the breaking point. Its a vz24, very nicely done 7x57. However, its an oddball, right hand gun/left hand shooter. Gorgeous wood, too. I'll be selling that off, which will offset the cost down quite a bit. I've already got a spare semi inlet that I'll fit and finish. Now I can also sell off my 7x57 prefit barrel (hey SNAKE!!! want an unfired F34 contour threaded/short chambered barrel? I'll make ya a great deal, you've got a spare 98).

Sold the Ruger boat paddle 270, for a profit. It was in the classified section of another site I frequent for about 12 hours. I knew that was a good trade/flip gun when I bought it, Ruger guyd are cultish with those boat paddle stocks.

What's the PF signify? Is this a special model for Pipe Fitters?...:tooth:

Never mind, of course it means Pucker Factor,:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

He needs to change his name to "Gun Broker"...:tooth:

Whatchu mean it's already taken? He's kicking Gun Broker's **** :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    BTW MHS, I don't want or need another 7mm right now. I have two thank you, hehehe. I only have ONE .270.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    BTW MHS, I don't want or need another 7mm right now. I have two thank you, hehehe. I only have ONE .270.

It takes two good beers to wash the bad taste away of one bad one.........................:jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    What's the PF signify? Is this a special model for Pipe Fitters?...:tooth:

Push Feed.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    It takes two good beers to wash the bad taste away of one bad one.........................:jester:

Ahhhhhahahahaha!!!!! That made me spit my drink.