Home Main Category General Firearms

Ruger's New 1911 Variation

2»

Replies

• sarg1csarg1c Senior Member Posts: 1,707 Senior Member
    From what I've been reading seems like the interest in 10MM is growing. I'd like to try one myself.If possible I may try changing the barrel on my RIA..45
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,702 Senior Member
    It's showing up on GB for $730-$780 "Buy it Now." After shipping and FFL that's low to mid $800's for me. I'm interested, and curious, but with RIA 10mm's selling online for $500 shipped and already equipped with fiber optic sights and VZ grips, I'm still more inclined to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I remember following the Bren 10/10mm in gun rags years ago, it never got real popular, but had some following. Then the Colt Delta Elite with the Red Triangle in the grips, I fired one years ago.

Some say it suffered the same fate sorta as the .41 Magnum. Still too powerful for LEO use and no sub-loaded "Specials" but then again the 10mm inspired the .40 S&W.

A cult following is still popular and growing, especially with it being offered by more and more companies. Glad to see it. At my age, not for me........years ago maybe. I will have to think long and hard about any new caliber (to me) to reload fer that adds to my already long list.

Not exactly an everyday range target caliber, but can be used as such. More for hunting, woods walking and rural protection and other special uses I would think.

I was saving some brass for 10mm I picked up and was given to me over the years. Then I realized I'd never get around to using it and gave it away.

Not logically following the above...........I am hanging on to some .41 Magnum brass just in case :tooth: :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Again just saw REMINGTON 1911s for $399. DPMS ARs for $399. S&W Shields for $215 after rebates. Just saw Kimber UltraCarrys for $699 at a local store and they are not moving.

Which is hundreds of dollars more than they are worth...
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    I don't know why big manufacturers like Ruger and Smith and others are not jumping on the PCC bandwagon. You either build it yourself or buy from a second tier vendor or pay a boatload for a sig, CZ or lesser known places like Quarter Circle or PSA. They are the hottest thing in competitions right now and 85% of the design is done.

Because outside of USPSA, PCCs aren't even a blip on the radar. I didn't even know they were coming back into vogue, and thought the CZ Scorpion was a random outlier.

This runs along the same reasoning of why only March and Nightforce build CMP specific optics.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    It's not just USPSA, just about every action shooting organization has adopted PCC. IDPA, IPSC, Steel Challenge. I even heard 3 gun is looking at a division. Add all the outlaw type matches and that's a lot of shooters. I bet Ruger would sell more PCC's than 10mm pistols by a couple orders of magnitude. I've read on any given weekend, there could upwards of 20k people shooting competions. That's a lot of customers.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,228 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    At least there is plenty of grip.

This looks pretty sweet:

http://armscor.com/firearms/rock-series/rock-ultra-fs-hc-10mm/
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,417 Senior Member
    JKP wrote: »

16 rounds!:up:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    What's a PCC?

Pistol caliber carbine.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Ahh.

Yes. I think Ruger would sell an S load of the 9mm carbine they used to make.

As long as they use a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. I would not think it would be to tough to use the existing design they have and modify it to use the SR9 or SR40 magazines.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    AR platform. All you need is a conversion for the magwell, barrel and BCG.

BAMAAK wrote: »
    AR platform. All you need is a conversion for the magwell, barrel and BCG.

I kind of liked the PC9 and PC40, in a mini-14 or 10/22 sort of way.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=PC9+and+PC40&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwix89KVtMPUAhUF44MKHQanBBAQ_AUICygC&biw=1536&bih=672#imgrc=0SQGSlj28Pl-YM:&spf=1497651941448
    Because of this thread I just won a bid on a RIA 10mm with a RMR.

0e36f56b80863801e38832accbc3e850.jpg
    Olympic arms used to sell one before they went sneakers up. Might be able to find a used one.

Hipoint, yea I know, was asked when they were going to make a 10mm carbine and they claimed it was to much pressure for a blowback gun.

If you make it gas gun, it takes a lot of tweaking with the buffer/spring to get it to run right. I know guys that put quarters in the tube trying to get it right.

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member

The Force is strong with you, young Jedi...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,850 Senior Member

Congrats,

Hell, I've been to Birmingham Pistol Parlor a time or two
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    Congrats,

Hell, I've been to Birmingham Pistol Parlor a time or two

Thanks. Now if they'd only get back to me on where to mail the money order to (for 3% off the price).
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,518 Senior Member

Yeah. That's kinda nice.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,850 Senior Member
    Thanks. Now if they'd only get back to me on where to mail the money order to (for 3% off the price).
    Looking at their website, it appears "Internet & Wholesale" are in their old location, I'm guessing it's closed on weekends
    here's the number though 205-266-8421
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.