Home Main Category General Firearms

Good & Bad Day at the range

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior MemberPosts: 1,323 Senior Member
The good - I sighted in my Browning T-Bolt using the "new" old scope (from another rifle) I moved onto it. Despite my limited skill with a rifle, she shot like a champ. Lots of shots followed the prior shot into the same hole. She will shoot.

The Bad - I dropped a new trigger into a 10/22 and tried to sight it in with it's new old scope - Vortex Crossfire II. #fail

1) everything went right - every shot. Although I easily got on paper at 20 yards, I couldn't get on paper at 50 yards to save my life. Frankly, it seemed impossible to me. Scope mounted incorrectly?

2) the new trigger didn't work. After each shot, I had to cycle the action by hand to get it to reset. I can't figure out how/why that would happen. Waited no to hear from the seller what they think.

On the bright side, that 10/22 (which was reasonably accurate in the past) is going to get a new stock and barrel soon to prepare for the arrival of the Can. I should be able to work things out by September.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Good shootin with the T-Bolt. What caliber?

What make trigger did you drop into the 10/22? If I get another 10/22 I'm going to get a the Ruger factory drop in, I know I know what folks say, but it will work. I put one of Ruger's in my 556 AR and it works great.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,364 Senior Member
    The good - I sighted in my Browning T-Bolt using the "new" old scope (from another rifle) I moved onto it. Despite my limited skill with a rifle, she shot like a champ. Lots of shots followed the prior shot into the same hole. She will shoot.

The Bad - I dropped a new trigger into a 10/22 and tried to sight it in with it's new old scope - Vortex Crossfire II. #fail

1) everything went right - every shot. Although I easily got on paper at 20 yards, I couldn't get on paper at 50 yards to save my life. Frankly, it seemed impossible to me. Scope mounted incorrectly?

2) the new trigger didn't work. After each shot, I had to cycle the action by hand to get it to reset. I can't figure out how/why that would happen. Waited no to hear from the seller what they think.

On the bright side, that 10/22 (which was reasonably accurate in the past) is going to get a new stock and barrel soon to prepare for the arrival of the Can. I should be able to work things out by September.

What kind of ammo are you shooting in that 10/22? Sounds like it isn't cycling it all the way. If you're shooting low powered whatever, try some hotter fodder! And make sure it's lubed up properly. Sounds like the bolt isn't going all the way back. Maybe not enough ump to cycle it or something's dragging. Or maybe you didn't hold your tongue right when you set the trigger in.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    The scope mounting base on my 10/22 has a propensity for coming loose.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,323 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Good shootin with the T-Bolt. What caliber?

What make trigger did you drop into the 10/22? If I get another 10/22 I'm going to get a the Ruger factory drop in, I know I know what folks say, but it will work. I put one of Ruger's in my 556 AR and it works great.

I had a trigger job done on a Factory trigger done by a well known provider. I just spoke with them and they are going to make it right. I suspect a part has failed.

The T-Bolt is 22LR. Needless to say, I am very happy with it.