Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Anybody else see a problem with Senator Franken's email?

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 12,417 Senior Member
“We’re not even going to have a hearing on a bill that impacts one-sixth of our economy. We’re not going to have an opportunity to offer a single amendment..."

"I am stunned that that is what Leader McConnell would call ‘regular order,’ which he sanctimoniously said would be the order of the day when the Republicans took the Senate over.”
-Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-MO

Chiro1989,

Claire McCaskill has a low tolerance for nonsense. I’ve served with her for nearly a decade, and she has always been ready and willing to call out dishonesty.

When Democrats passed the Affordable Care Act, it took a long, long time. According to one report, the ACA "spent a year working through Congress, eventually passing numerous committees, two full House majority votes, one Senate supermajority vote and, in fact, many, many, many hearings."

How many hearings has the Republican plan to repeal the ACA gone through? None. Not one. In either chamber.

The Senate version may be pushed through without amendments. We haven't even seen the Senate version yet -- so we don't know how much it will cost or how many people will lose insurance.

Claire is not having it. She’s speaking up and trying to bring some transparency to what has been a truly opaque process. And as a result, she’s become a target for the Koch brothers.

Make a grassroots contribution to help Claire. Give $5 or more.

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately and will be divided evenly between Al Franken and Claire McCaskill:

Express Donate: $5

Express Donate: $10

Express Donate: $25

Or donate another amount.

Claire is right. Democrats ran a much more open and transparent process around the Affordable Care Act in 2009 and 2010. Republicans were furious at what they claimed was a lack of transparency back then, but they're silent about their own party’s hypocrisy now.

And Claire is right in reminding people that Mitch McConnell is breaking his promise to return to regular order.

But being right doesn’t stop the Koch brothers from dumping a boatload of money on your race. In fact, being right is probably what made the Koch brothers decide to spend against Claire in the first place.

We need people like Claire in Washington. The Koch brothers want her gone, and they’ll spend millions to make it happen. We need to help her out. Give $5, $10, more if you can, and give her team a boost.

Thanks,

Al

P.S. Click here and give $5 or more to help Claire McCaskill.

Please ignore the donation requests, I wanted to re-print it verbatim.

I don't recall the ACA taking "a long, long time" pass, they had to pass it to see what was in it, for those of you with short memories, Franken cast the deciding vote.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Collecting public monies for a private cause while serving as an elected official.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    franken, al franken
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Soliciting private donations versus the Koch brothers. So long Claire.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The main problem is that election-stealing donkeyhole, Franken. Didn't it take something like 5 or 6 recounts to throw out enough real votes and add a few more graveyards to the tally on his side before he "won"?
    Jerry
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,635 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The main problem is that election-stealing donkeyhole, Franken. Didn't it take something like 5 or 6 recounts to throw out enough real votes and add a few more graveyards to the tally on his side before he "won"?
    Jerry

Yeah, and the liberal judges in Minnesota kept granting recounts until the count gave the dirtbag a win. Also, the winning count was more than the total number of registered democrats in the districts they recounted in.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Yeah, and the liberal judges in Minnesota kept granting recounts until the count gave the dirtbag a win. Also, the winning count was more than the total number of registered democrats in the districts they recounted in.

Yeah But but but,,, Dummycraps are progressives and use that NEW math so it's ok. Y'all just don't understand.....

:rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,762 Senior Member
    I don't have a problem with Senator Frankens' email.

I have a problem with him...period.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I agree with Mr. Franken's major points that is the reason I look forward to his vote with the Republican majority to repeal Obamacare, the mistake that embodied all his criticisms.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    I will say that I have laughed more at his act in the Senate than I ever did when he was on SNL.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I will say that I have laughed more at his act in the Senate than I ever did when he was on SNL.
    Yes. He has graduated from a 3rd rate comedian telling lame jokes to actually being the joke.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,756 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    Yes. He has graduated from a 3rd rate comedian telling lame jokes to actually being the joke.

:agree::that:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    When comedians and people so old that they are going senile are elected and reelected to the House and Senate, then you know the Republic is starting to circle the drain with purpose.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement