Home Main Category General Firearms

Marlin 39A price check

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 12,262 Senior Member
Got a line on 2, one is straight stock and has wood to my liking and the other is a pistol grip stock, both on a live auction, what would you go up to?
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,262 Senior Member
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,515 Senior Member
    The one with the straight stock is probably a 39M, more valuable. It depends on how much you want them. I've seen them on GB for $700, but don't know if they sold for that.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene L wrote: »
    The one with the straight stock is probably a 39M, more valuable. It depends on how much you want them. I've seen them on GB for $700, but don't know if they sold for that.

Yep, I am not sure how high to go, thanks Gene
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    I can't help with the 39's but that Winnie looks sweet.
    WooHoo! Got the straight stock for $350!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,718 Senior Member
    :UOTE=CHIRO1989;663366]WooHoo! Got the straight stock for $350![/QUOTE]

SWEET!:yousuck:
    I will get some better pics and some research done on the serial # when I get it.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,171 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    WooHoo! Got the straight stock for $350!

You dawg! You stole it! :up: From the general look of it in the picture it's an older model. That should make some smiles when you get your hands on it and shoot it!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Nice find :applause: :applause::guns: :guns:

Be some .22ing for you soon.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

The Winchester model 62 went for $2300, the other Winchester 61 went for $1100. The pistol grip Marlin 39 went for $375.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,789 Senior Member
    :yousuck:

You'll love that thing. A couple of years ago, I thought about selling my 39a to fund something else. Glad I didn't. I wouldn't have sold it for those prices. It's worth more than that to me. I bought mine 20 years ago for $100.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    You done good! I passed on a pristine '70's model a few years ago. They wanted $700, and I actually considered it, for a while.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,476 Senior Member
    Awesome
    Congrats :yousuck:
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,789 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    You done good! I passed on a pristine '70's model a few years ago. They wanted $700, and I actually considered it, for a while.

I believe mines a 1966 based on the serial number. I asked $700 for it and got no bites. I wanted to keep it anyway.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,364 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    I can't help with the 39's but that Winnie looks sweet.

I like Winnies. They're sexy
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,364 Senior Member

Oh there's some mighty purdy guns in those pics besides the target specimens. Is that a 700 ADL on the left of the straight stocked 39A? It's beautiful, and those other guns in the right hand pic are just delicious looking. The one on the far right of the right picture is a Model 42 Winchester. Now THAT is my HOLY GRAIL gun.

But you did well. I love that straight stock Marlin.

But I'm calling the Police, cause you Stole the damn thing.

:roll2::roll2::roll2::roll2::roll2::roll2:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Thanks guys, kind of a sad deal actually, it was an estate sale and the Gma had one of the daughters whispering in her ear, ALL of those guns should have gone to the kids and grandkids, one Grandson had to bid $650 for his Gpas Model 12 Trap gun, the Gpa allowed my son #1 to shoot his first deer out of his stand, I wanted one of his guns just because I know the family so well, I would give it up if one of the Grandsons wanted it off me, as it is, Son #1 has one in the safe to remember the guy that helped him shoot his first deer.
    That is a sad deal... I'm hoping I get my guns to the right people ahead of time. Doesn't matter if it's family. More a out use .

There is a reason I like you
    Weatherby wrote: »
    That is a sad deal... I'm hoping I get my guns to the right people ahead of time. Doesn't matter if it's family. More a out use .

There is a reason I like you

There was a white dealer demo Farmall that went, fairly rare tractor, I hope that went well at the auction, better places to sell some this stuff than a farm auction, I tried to talk to the kids I know, they said it was not their deal and out of their hands, definite come to Jesus moment down the road for the one sister.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,366 Senior Member
    Great price on a great rifle! You done good. You suck too!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,612 Senior Member
    Indeed; the only reason I've held myself from buying a 39A is the (for me) unnatural pistol grip in a lever action rifle. Sadly 39Ms are nowhere to be found here.
    Well, I got it in my hands, made in 1958 and it is a Golden Mountie, I like it even more now that it got to shoulder it and cycle it. It came with a sling that is embossed with a hunters horn and the brand name "Hunter" overlayed on the horn, anybody know anything about the sling?
    Hunter is a brand name, they are still in business. The older stuff is much better quality than the new stuff.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,754 Senior Member
    Good hustle! And you suck!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Hunter is a brand name, they are still in business. The older stuff is much better quality than the new stuff.
    I found what I thought was the company but no slings matching the one on the rifle, curious to see if it is the same age as the rifle.
    I found what I thought was the company but no slings matching the one on the rifle, curious to see if it is the same age as the rifle.
    I would imagine so. People did that back then. They tended to buy a good quality item once instead of cheap plastic throwaway stuff continuously.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,755 Senior Member
    Hunter gun leather has been in business for quite some time. they used to be located in Westminster, Colo. (Just looked, they are still there and have been in business since 1952)
    Back in the 80's I worked not far from them and one of the nearby LGS's had an annual sidwalk sale featuring hunters seconds and returns. Got some decent leather at very nice prices.

Sako
    sakodude wrote: »
    Hunter gun leather has been in business for quite some time. they used to be located in Westminster, Colo. (Just looked, they are still there and have been in business since 1952)
    Back in the 80's I worked not far from them and one of the nearby LGS's had an annual sidwalk sale featuring hunters seconds and returns. Got some decent leather at very nice prices.

Sako

Yep, that is what I saw online, I was hoping the sling was collectible also. I think the holster I got my dad for his Trooper is a hunter, have to check that over the 4th.