Home Main Category General Firearms

Was a good fathers day weekend.

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
Yesterday, prior to our night match, my SIL, his dad and I went and shot some rifles. His dad is retired marine who hasn't shot much in years. It was nice to see him enjoying my AR, Mosin and scoped marlin bolt action. When the match came around, I shot well. Clean until the last stage and was probably in 1st. Last stage in total darkness, flashlight only I Had two misses. Cost me 1st place. Ended up 2nd in my division, 5th overall.

Today one of my daughters friends were in town. Husband is army here TDY. We went to the park and kids swam for a while. Then they fed the ducks and played by the lake and went for a hike. We then headed over to the gun range which by then was closed to the public so we had the place to ourselves. They have two kids, girl 9 and boy 8. Neither had ever shot before. They both shot excellent. The boy could not miss with my marlin .22 Towards the end, I had him challenge his dad. I put 10 clay pigeons on the berm 50 yards out. Gave them each a 10 round mag. The boy broke his 5 in 10 shots. His dad, who is a very good shot, broke his in
8 shots. Needles to say I think I cost his dad some future gun purchases as his kids seem hooked.

We went back to the park and cooked up some food and got out of there just before the rains came. Was a good weekend.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies