Home Main Category General Firearms

Must be 39a week here at the forum....

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberPosts: 6,366 Senior Member
I liberated the Marlin 39a I had rat holed at my LGS today! It has some love marks and a spot of blueing rubbed off, but I don't care it's a field gun. This way I won't be afraid to use it. I just fell in love with this ones stock. Beautiful, just beautiful. I though I grabbed the correct front sight base from my Dad the other week but it turned out I didnot. Oh well, that's what EBay is for right? I'm going to give it a good cleaning and rub it down with some good oil and enjoy the hell out of this little rifle.

Oh for you inquiring minds, $340 OTD....
Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,755 Senior Member
    YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Sako
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,364 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    I liberated the Marlin 39a I had rat holed at my LGS today! It has some love marks and a spot of blueing rubbed off, but I don't care it's a field gun. This way I won't be afraid to use it. I just fell in love with this ones stock. Beautiful, just beautiful. I though I grabbed the correct front sight base from my Dad the other week but it turned out I didnot. Oh well, that's what EBay is for right? I'm going to give it a good cleaning and rub it down with some good oil and enjoy the hell out of this little rifle.

Oh for you inquiring minds, $340 OTD....

Nice wood Bro! Great gun. You Suck!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,476 Senior Member
    Great looking rifle, hope it shoots as good as it looks
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,171 Senior Member
    Beautiful wood on that one! They are just way too much fun to be safe queens. Rabbits and skwirrels are in danger when you have one of those. And that's an excellent price for that rifle; you got a bargain!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,366 Senior Member
    sakodude wrote: »
    YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:
    :tooth:

Sako
    snake284 wrote: »
    Nice wood Bro! Great gun. You Suck!!!
    Thanks! I got lucky.
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Great looking rifle, hope it shoots as good as it looks
    I have yet to see a 39 shoot poorly.
    tennmike wrote: »
    Beautiful wood on that one! They are just way too much fun to be safe queens. Rabbits and skwirrels are in danger when you have one of those. And that's an excellent price for that rifle; you got a bargain!
    I have another 39a that is a killer, plain and simple. I expect this one to be the same. If it had all its parts (sights) I'm sure it would have been more.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,755 Senior Member
    [IMG][/img]IMG_0567_zpsmsy13yqf.jpg

While not as pretty of wood, the squirrel getter I got with my dad's things.
    Winchester 94-22M
    Sako
    sakodude wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]IMG_0567_zpsmsy13yqf.jpg

While not as pretty of wood, the squirrel getter I got with my dad's things.
    Winchester 94-22M
    Sako
    Very nice! I had one in 22 mag. Sold it off, Stupid stupid stupid! Love the live edge table too, beauty!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,718 Senior Member
    Very nice wood!! It's a Marlin, it will shoot!! I think I just put a 39 on my short list. Wisconsin trip is coming up, sooooo.......!

A lot prettier than the M57 I picked up a few years ago, but at least I Do have a Marlin lever .22!!
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    :up:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    I don't know you well enough yet, so I will save the "you suck" for later. Congratulations also, she is beautiful :)
    Thanks. It was a good find...
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Very nice wood!! It's a Marlin, it will shoot!! I think I just put a 39 on my short list. Wisconsin trip is coming up, sooooo.......!

A lot prettier than the M57 I picked up a few years ago, but at least I Do have a Marlin lever .22!!
    Something to look for:wink:and thanks.
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    :up:
    :tooth:
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    That is a great looking rifle.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,564 Senior Member
    Great rifles
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    That is a great looking rifle.
    Thanks, it found me I think.
    NN wrote: »
    Great rifles
    You bet! None better. I got it for the price of a Henry.
    Whoa...that is a beauty!!

:yousuck:
    She's a looker!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,262 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Thanks, it found me I think.

You bet! None better. I got it for the price of a Henry.

She's a looker!

That is a good point, I had not thought of it that way, nice find, can't shoot mine until next week.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    That is a good point, I had not thought of it that way, nice find, can't shoot mine until next week.
    I need a front sight for mine. I think I'm going to scope this one. I have an older steel tube weaver marksman 4x that is going to be perfect on this rifle.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,612 Senior Member
    Nice Marlin; you can never have too many .22LR rifles.
    Other than the pistol grip, the other thing I consider "odd" about this rifle is that the noise of the hammer hitting the chambered round is pretty much as loud as the detonation.....talk about a rimfire rifle built like a train!

Range report please...
    Antonio wrote: »
    Nice Marlin; you can never have too many .22LR rifles.
    Other than the pistol grip, the other thing I consider "odd" about this rifle is that the noise of the hammer hitting the chambered round is pretty much as loud as the detonation.....talk about a rimfire rifle built like a train!

Range report please...
    Soon
    The twins