Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Georgia Special Election Looking Good

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
Well, looks like the the GOP candidate Handel is up 53.5% with 3/4rd of the precincts reporting. All that money the DNC, Soros, Doomberg, etc dumped doesn't seemed to have bought that seat. I know "it ain't over til its over" but it at least looks like the Dems get a little smackdown again.
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The dummycrap candidate couldn't even vote for himself- - - - -he doesn't live in the district where he was trying to buy the seat. I'm pretty sure that didn't work in his favor. Unless they live in Atlanta, most people in Georgia aren't stupid.
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Both REPs won the two elections.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    So much for all the hype about these special elections being a referendum on Trump..................and how they will go against him.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,308 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    So much for all the hype about these special elections being a referendum on Trump..................and how they will go against him.

Sadly the Libtards will now attack the stupid, uneducated, white voters that keep voting these vile Republican candidates into office! Happily the Dems spent millions of dollars, once again, to lose. They just don't get it.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If Trump discovered a cure for cancer and offered it for sale at a dollar a dose, people would hate him for not paying patients to take it- - - - -even some of the folks on this forum.
    Jerry
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    Just a reminder that the reason we have a 2A/Politics forum is so we don't crap all over the other forums with stupid. A whole lot of stupid happens in the 2A forum and there is no reason to drag it out here in the Clubhouse. Lots of good standing members do not participate in the 2A forum because it is so stupid. Lots of members in good standing have stopped posting on these forums completely because the 2A forum is so stupid.

Please keep politics out of the Clubhouse!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Yep.

Moved.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Or you could choose not to read it.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Or you could choose not to read it.
    But nobody expects to read this in the Clubhouse. (Thanks Mike)

The topic? I guess I am glad Republicans won and can embrace it in the proper forum. But if I want to avoid politics (like many many many members are actively trying to do) posting in the Clubhouse was inappropriate.
    -Thomas Paine
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Sorry bout posting it to the Clubhouse but I took it as more than just 2A ... I was thinking along the lines of how the $25 million dollar democratic man could not beat the the GOP woman who supposedly spent 1/5 of that amount. $30 million spent (not ncluding SuoerPAC money) on a special election for a 2 year House seat. Yeah, it does impact some gun issues but it goes more to showing and slapping the liberal media and son in the face with the reality of there are still a lot of people who don't drink their Kool Aid.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    As was mentioned, the GOP won the special election in SC as well. A guy named Ralph Norman, I believe was his name, won that one. It wasn't the big to do the Georgia one was, but the more the merrier. The Repubs are 4-0 in special elections. I don't know it this is a referendum for Trump so much or more further proof that the country was just ready to shuck the liberal direction the country was headed in. Or maybe it's a combination of that and that people were wanting some non establishment people in office because they were tired of the same ol' same ol' and no change.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,623 Senior Member
    I love watching CNN's play on this! Bwahaahaa! Not my district, but I was pulling for Karen Handel. The good news is the district remains Republican and there was a WHOLE lot of money by both parties that went into the local economy. Especially money from Democrats. The most costly House race in history. She whipped him by five points.

There were so many Republicans running for that seat back in November that it diluted the vote and John (Jack-Ossoff) Ossoff (sp?) showed better than he should have. He almost won it.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene L wrote: »
    John (Jack-Ossoff)
    Who would have thought that Jack Ossoff wouldn't win? That is crazy!
    -Thomas Paine
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,708 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Sorry bout posting it to the Clubhouse but I took it as more than just 2A ... I was thinking along the lines of how the $25 million dollar democratic man could not beat the the GOP woman who supposedly spent 1/5 of that amount. $30 million spent (not ncluding SuoerPAC money) on a special election for a 2 year House seat. Yeah, it does impact some gun issues but it goes more to showing and slapping the liberal media and son in the face with the reality of there are still a lot of people who don't drink their Kool Aid.

Well that right there is a bunch of politics.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    If Trump discovered a cure for cancer and offered it for sale at a dollar a dose, people would hate him for not paying patients to take it- - - - -even some of the folks on this forum.
    Jerry
    :applause:
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    They have, although all of the special elections were to replace Republicans appointed to by Trump to various positions. They have generally been closer than previous elections, but in firmly red districts. 2018 will still be interesting, but probably harder than Democrats think to flip Congress. The other factor that this and the presidential election seem to have proved is that there are significant limits to the value of money in elections.

It also should indicate to Democrats that they have overplayed their hand with the identity politics, and maybe should try to actually find another issue besides 'Republicans are the devil.'

They gave way too much weight to being able to buy the governorship of Virginia for Terry McAuliffe. He barely beat a conservative newcomer with no money and no support from the Republican establishment.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    I'm not a party person.

The 6th district just voted in a carpet bagger, without a formal education, and no clear mark of success as sec of state for Georgia.

I've watched this unfold, so an education is not the end of of being smart. But, she speaks without known reference or on whatever someone hands her. This is good for the GOP, but Ian not sure it is good for the district. She will not keep the seat and who knows who she will lose it to.

Kramer would have been a better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Agree the Democrats do need to offer something other than identity politics if they want to make up any serious ground in 2018. That was Hillary's biggest mistake. Of course Republicans have to show they're actually capable of governing. It's always easier being the opposition party when all you have to do is say no to whatever bad ideas the other guy comes up with. Much harder to actually come up with good ideas and implement them.

Well said. :up:
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement