Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

KSA King is shaking things up

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,534 Senior Member
The previous crowned prince was just fired. The new crown prince is the minister of defense (MoD). What many people don't realize is that KSA is in a proxy war with Iran in Yemen. The MoD has no intentions of taking it out with Iran.
With the public re-establishment of relations between KSA and the US, I see us going full tilt into Yemen within the next year. Historically the US Military has been KSA's Military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    I think a lot of this revolves around the fight in Yemen, and to a lesser extent in Syria. The MoD has been a lot stronger in positions than the previous crown prince.
    A lot of the KSA angst against Qatar is centered around Qatar's dealings with Iran, and the proxy war KSA is fighting in Yemen with Iran. I don't think the rest of the GCC countries really care, but they know better than to cross KSA. KSA is a stronger cousin than Qatar will ever be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those "no blood for oil" types, but all this makes me wonder the true hidden intentions of these power moves. Saudi Arabia is fortunate in that they have trillions invested with us in oil imports, otherwise they'd be just another stone age dunghole nation with a 'stan' at the end. The "contracts" in these cases always goes to the highest bidder. Who's to say in another 10-20 years China or even Russia (gasps) outbids us and lines the nest of 'whatever current "Prince" of the KSA with fortune?
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Absolutely agree, if you MUST choose a side KSA is the one but being that the USA has VERY friendly relations with Qatar and a pretty strong presence in country I wonder how will this play out. I don't think it would be advisable to just forklift everything in Al Udeid (specially USAF Central Command) and run it elsewhere swiftly no?

We jumped full tilt into bed with Qatar after KSA politely asked us to leave their country. They were find with us going into Afghanistan, but got really ruffled over Iraq. Al udied has been around since the late 90s (97 I think..) but didn't get full attention until after 2003. I am not 100% on this, but I don't think it was ever intended for the fwd base of AFCENT or CENTCOM. My understanding is that Al Udied was going to be a USASOC asset, but as I said, KSA forced our hands.

There is no way we could pick up and move operations back PSAB in KSA, over night.. just not happening.

A problem is to some of the countries in the Middle East, we have become the equivalent of that friend you always allow to come hang out, not because you like him, but because you know he will whip on anyone that messes with you. That's is pretty much the only reason why Kuwait and Qatar allow us to stick around.
    With improved relations with KSA, there is now a rub. We can risk alienating KSA. We need them to keep fighting Iran and to fund the state departments operations in Iraq. But we can't exactly continue to turn a blind eye to what Qatar has been doing under or noses for the past 12 years or so. Especially now that KSA has publicly called out Qatar on it.
    So now we are caught in the middle of a "family" squabble, and we can't pick a side without losing the entire pot. The good thing is we have asked KSA to put up or shut up. The bad thing is all they have done Is released stupid demands that are the equivalent of a tantrum. Disband Al Jeezera, really?
    I think in the end, If Qatar publicly acknowledges wrong doings that may have occurred in Qatar, but not sponsored by the king, and apologizes to KSA things will go back to normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement