Home Main Category General Firearms

Shield has come home!

bellcatbellcat Senior MemberPosts: 1,754 Senior Member
image_zpspbtwthzc.jpeg

This little fella was released from layaway hostage today! M&P Shield, 9mm!

I took it to a public shooting area near the LGS and popped off 5-6 mags. What a nice shooting little sidearm. I was very impressed with the accuracy while firing at my rubber bouncy target. No misfeeds, felt like it belonged in your hand. I'll be going out to clang some plates with it this weekend. I bought a 'Sticky' CC holster to try for a while.
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Cool. How is the trigger?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,680 Senior Member
    Excellent choice. A Shield 9mm has been my EDC for a few years. While I am about to go to a Glock 19 for EDC, I am going to keep the Shield around for "deep concealment."

Edit- my Shield is actually on my belt in a High Noon AIWB holster at this very moment.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,476 Senior Member
    It will serve you well. I have had mine since they first came out. The trigger will get better the more you shoot it.
    I am currently contemplating putting a clipdraw on it seeing that it has a manual safety.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,754 Senior Member
    Ok....I'm not an experienced pistolero but it seems alright
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I've had my .40 shield for two years now and have several hundred rounds through it and am still happy with it. The trigger is getting smoother but it didn't bother me to begin with. I didn't expect a compact self defense gun to handle and shoot like a match built 1911.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,754 Senior Member
    This purchase began with me taking the PSA flyer into lgs to bargain the 45 Shield, and leaving with the 9mm. I
    didnt really want a compact 45 ACP for carry either.