Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Would the witness please raise its right paw and repeat. . . .

124

Replies

  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    Wow, you definitely have a "us and them" mentality regarding LE.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,536 Senior Member
    Again, your so-called 1% is b.s. You are bringing up those who have been actually caught and charged with criminal acts which is far different than those who routinely get away with abuses of power because, either the victim was intimidated or threatened to not pursue charges, or, the cops who have good intentions, will ignore the wrongful acts of their fellow police officers in fear of being labeled a rat or snitch - such is the union mentality. Even if that so-called 1% was factual, 1,100 cops abusing their power is far too much. We don't need more cops today - we need less. I live in a town that has no PD save for the rare patrol of a county sheriffs deputy making his or her rounds. We get along just fine without a constant police presence.

    I already included refute to that argument of "un-caught bad cops". But again...

    If .001 of total cops are arrested and TEN TIMES that figure are "getting away with crimes" that brings the total to finally 1% of all cops. Which is, likely absurd.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,536 Senior Member
    And that is how the police are supposed to be.

    And that is the vast majority.

    You say you live in a basically police-free community, so where is your observable sample size to back up your claims about broader police misconduct? The News? If that's the case all hope is lost for you.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    My problem in replying to this thread is I assumed WOW and his minions had a basic knowledge of the Constitution. I was wrong.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    My problem in replying to this thread is I assumed WOW and his minions had a basic knowledge of the Constitution. I was wrong.

    I wasn't aware that Wow had a following. If he did, they might assume that the Constitution applied to everyone, all the time.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that Wow had a following. If he did, they might assume that the Constitution applied to everyone, all the time.

    Apparently not.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I've never liked the idea of deploying dogs for any law enforcement tasks. I doubt that anyone important will ever take that into consideration.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    And that is the vast majority.

    You say you live in a basically police-free community, so where is your observable sample size to back up your claims about broader police misconduct? The News? If that's the case all hope is lost for you.

    People like me infuriate those who follow the norm and do as they are told without question. A politician pushes legislation to encroach on our constitutional rights and the police will uphold that law without question - "It's the law after all. If you don't like it, attend a City Hall meeting and make your voice heard as I'm just doing my job and how dare you question that." That is exactly how tyrannical governments rise to power as the masses will tend to gravitate to those who hold the leash of the dog collar of submission. One of my favorite historical figures, Marcus Tullius Cicero, spoke of that mentality many a time in his writings. His teachings were so dangerous to the status quo that Mark Antony had him executed. So hated was Cicero's speech that Antony's wife, Fulvia, held Cicero's severed head in her hands, spat on it, pried open the mouth and pierced the tongue with hairpins in defiance of Cicero's powerful oration. Thanks for the reply.

    Ref: "Cicero: The Life and Times of Rome's Greatest Politician" Anthony Everitt. (from my personal library)
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Spoken by a guy who wears a goofy-looking Fedora! Gotta be profound, right?
    :uhm::applause:
    Jerry
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,536 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    I've never liked the idea of deploying dogs for any law enforcement tasks. I doubt that anyone important will ever take that into consideration.

    So Search and Rescue and tracking escaped convicts is out, check. Tracking down violent criminals who flee from crime scenes is out, check. Apprehending barricaded subjects without getting a single officer hurt is out, check. Searching burglarized buildings to find hidden burglars that cops couldn't see or smell is out, check. The mere presence of a dog on scene making suspects give up without violence is out, check. Finding injured people who've wondered away from medical scenes is out, check. Finding Alzheimer's folks who've wondered out of their homes and into the woods is out, check.

    Or did you just mean dogs being used for drug sniffs?

    Never mind the dog gets the SAME reward for all the above tasks as they do a positive drug sniff.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    So Search and Rescue and tracking escaped convicts is out, check. Tracking down violent criminals who flee from crime scenes is out, check. Apprehending barricaded subjects without getting a single officer hurt is out, check. Searching burglarized buildings to find hidden burglars that cops couldn't see or smell is out, check. The mere presence of a dog on scene making suspects give up without violence is out, check. Finding injured people who've wondered away from medical scenes is out, check. Finding Alzheimer's folks who've wondered out of their homes and into the woods is out, check.

    Or did you just mean dogs being used for drug sniffs?

    Never mind the dog gets the SAME reward for all the above tasks as they do a positive drug sniff.

    Dispense with the victim attitude. The topic is about dogs being used in unlawful searches and seizures without warrant.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ...........Ref: "Cicero: The Life and Times of Rome's Greatest Politician" Anthony Everitt. (from my personal library)



    Beware (the ides of March, Julius Caesar is famously warned), they will sniff you out!

    "Return Library Books or Else: Borrowers Arrested for Failing to Return Overdue Books......."

    http://abcnews.go.com/WN/arrested-cuffed-overdue-library-books/story?id=10062565
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    To clarify, I don't question the cop who shot his windshield out. Which so far as I know had nothing to do with dogs.

    But you said the article on the two K-9s was on page 4 of a newspaper you refuse to name in a town you won't identify. The fallout of this would have been enormous.

    But forget it. Enough has been said here to allow people to draw their own conclusions.

    You have claimed ad nauseum that you were a Gold Star Master Detective along with being a dope dog handler. I throw a flag on the first one. And here's why.

    I have stated several times on the forum that I live about 8 miles East of Watts Bar Nuclear Plant. That's clue one.
    I stated that the town in question is East of me with a population of a little over 15,000, and it ain't Sweetwater,TN. That's clue #2.
    The town is 18 miles ESE of where I live, or about 26 miles from Watts Bar Dam. That's clue #3.
    Wambli accidentally almost stayed there once when traveling to the Shoot one year, and we kid him about it. That's clue #4.
    Town name starts with 'A' and ends in 's'. Clue #5.

    If you can't figure it out from that then I'd be safe in saying your detective skills are such that you couldn't find a pound of Limburger cheese tied around your neck.

    And like I also said, reading is fundamental. I can't provide a link to a story that doesn't exist on the internet. I already told you that. A Chucky Cheese waterhead could figure that out. The paper requires a paid subscription to search old stories in it. But if you're willing to front the $139 dollars for a subscription, you can look it up yourself. I also told you that, too, but your reading skills are as lacking as your 'detective' skills.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Yea I suppose I ment just drug sniffs. But even going after fleeing suspects reminds me of the unpleasant dog use by axis powers in WWII. Even if present reality is far different its hard not to associate the two images.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    Tennmike, I've been a detective for a long, long time. And my years of experience hints to me that your veracity is in question. I'll pay the cost, but since your story has changed a number of times, from a page 4 article to a statement from a former deputy, I don't think I'll need to. Fess up; you don't have the proof your initial post claimed.

    Plus, I don't think $139 for an on-line subscription for a minor newspaper is anywhere near realistic, even for a major publication, I doubt your sources. Respectfully.

    BTW, I checked the newspaper for Athens, TN. Nowhere near $139 for an on-line subscription or for any other news medium. Please get real here on your original post claiming what you claimed.

    Salvage what is left for your honesty by acknowledging you "made a mistake."
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    52 week online only subscription is $114. They've come down since I last checked a few years ago.

    I TOLD you the newspaper article did not give the real reason for letting the officers go.
    I TOLD you I got the real reason for the firing from a county deputy with whom I'd been friends for around 30 years. He NEVER lied to me about such matters.

    You have not searched the paper for the article, yet still assert I'm lying. Typical bad cop behavior; make accusations without a single fact to back it up. If someone doesn't acquiesce to your demands for links and expect you to find it on your own, you cry like a three y.o. having a temper tantrum. I'll bet you let some Junior G-man do all the leg work investigating and then took the credit for it.

    Regarding the 4th Amendment erosion over the years, just because a judge or judges say it's so doesn't make it so. The Constitution is a contract between the states and the people with the government, and as a contract cannot be arbitrarily changed without the consent of the people and states................unless you believe in rule by fiat, and I'm beginning to believe you do believe that. I'm sure that some judges in Nazi Germany said it was O.K. to round up Jews, gypsies, mentally ill, and other 'undesirables' and put them in concentration camps for medical experimentation, slave labor, and such, and then throw them in the incinerators and gas chambers. Didn't work out too well at the Nuremberg trials claiming that "I was just following orders", did it.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Regarding the 4th Amendment erosion over the years, just because a judge or judges say it's so doesn't make it so. The Constitution is a contract between the states and the people with the government, and as a contract cannot be arbitrarily changed without the consent of the people and states................unless you believe in rule by fiat, and I'm beginning to believe you do believe that. I'm sure that some judges in Nazi Germany said it was O.K. to round up Jews, gypsies, mentally ill, and other 'undesirables' and put them in concentration camps for medical experimentation, slave labor, and such, and then throw them in the incinerators and gas chambers. Didn't work out too well at the Nuremberg trials claiming that "I was just following orders", did it.

    Mike, I know we've had our differences but I got to give kudo's on this ^. Well said, well said.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    Never compare anyone to the Nazis. That's an Antifa argument that's just silly.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    Maybe so, maybe not. But it fits in with that, "It's legal because a judge said so" mentality.

    Anyway, for your viewing pleasure here's a link to a recent police chase. It went on for 45 minutes, but the level of beating, stomping, and general douchebaggery exhibited by the officers seems a bit excessive. I'm sure you can explain how this is properly authorized police procedure. That purse snatcher must have been a real mean desperado! :tooth:

    http://www.kcra.com/article/louisville-metro-police-pursuit/10242654
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Never compare anyone to the Nazis. That's an Antifa argument that's just silly.

    So anyone who uses the atrocities of past history as a warning for today's path to political totalitarianism is now labeled "Antifa" in your eyes? Good lord.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    Anyone who compares modern-day America to Nazi Germany sounds like an Antifa. Which is exactly what the Antifa are doing now to our duly elected officials. It's trite to do so and has been done so many times it diminishes the reality of what Nazis really were/are. And not very patriotic.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Anyone who compares modern-day America to Nazi Germany sounds like an Antifa. Which is exactly what the Antifa are doing now to our duly elected officials. It's trite to do so and has been done so many times it diminishes the reality of what Nazis really were/are. And not very patriotic.

    I guess you wouldn't have like our Founders very much since they routinely used and compared past history to the atrocities that were taking place at the hands of England at the time.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Anyone who compares modern-day America to Nazi Germany sounds like an Antifa. Which is exactly what the Antifa are doing now to our duly elected officials. It's trite to do so and has been done so many times it diminishes the reality of what Nazis really were/are. And not very patriotic.

    Nazis were the only ones in the 20th century to actually be put on trial for their crimes, so they're the only game in town as to 'just following orders' being a dumb idea. ANTIFA ARE fascists; they just don't have the brain cells to figure that out...........except the ones that are flaming red card carrying communists. The communists/socialists among them have much the same agenda, though. Why is it unpatriotic to point out the subversion of the Constitution? I really need an answer on that.

    And no comment on the cops stomping the guts out of that poor purse snatcher, and beating him senseless? You didn't look at the video OR the link, did you. That's why posting videos and links for you is a total waste of bandwidth; you never look at them.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    Your description of "stomping the guts out" is inaccurate, in keeping with the bulk of your posts. The "purse snatcher" and the 45 minute chase so far as I could see didn't draw any blood from the suspect. You're hysterical. Not surprising for someone who makes up information to promote your Antifa cause.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Your description of "stomping the guts out" is inaccurate, in keeping with the bulk of your posts. The "purse snatcher" and the 45 minute chase so far as I could see didn't draw any blood from the suspect. You're hysterical. Not surprising for someone who makes up information to promote your Antifa cause.

    :spittingcoffee::spittingcoffee::spittingcoffee::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: You're as predictable as the Sun rising in the East and setting in the West. :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    You're a CopBlocker. With zero credibility. Why, I don't know...you and Wow, too.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    You're a CopBlocker. With zero credibility. Why, I don't know...you and Wow, too.

    That's Mr. Wow.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    I guess you wouldn't have like our Founders very much since they routinely used and compared past history to the atrocities that were taking place at the hands of England at the time.

    The atrocities committed by the Nazis during and before WWII were unprecedented, except for maybe some of Stalin's purges. Not even Genghis Khan could compare. The sheer volume of the murdering sets it apart from anything we think of as civilized.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    The atrocities committed by the Nazis during and before WWII were unprecedented, except for maybe some of Stalin's purges. Not even Genghis Khan could compare. The sheer volume of the murdering sets it apart from anything we think of as civilized.

    The wars fought by Genghis Khan and in his name killed approximately 40 million people, about 10% of the world's entire population.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Didn't Mao kill like 10 million?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement