Home Main Category Clubhouse

So it's not just American media that exaggerates.

FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Membercrusted in sandPosts: 5,797 Senior Member
snake284 wrote: »
For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    They're scared to death of firearms over there in some of them countries. Which is why they need to be bailed out, from time to time when the mean 'ol countries invade and spank their bottoms.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Lima, PeruPosts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Not a matter of country per se, but motivations are basically ignorance about firearms, copying and pasting the original source, "liberal" background of the big majority of the media all over the world, and most important, the need of selling by up-scaling sensationalism.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,687 Senior Member
    They'd have a case of the vapors if they came to my house!!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »

I better watch it. If that's a big arsenal I guess I'm a big time arms dealer.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    Last night the news reported that the baseball game shooter had 200 rounds in a storage locker......They would soil themselves if they got a glimpse of my stash...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Byron Center MichiganPosts: 373 Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Last night the news reporter that the baseball game shooter had 200 rounds in a storage locker......They would soil themselves if they got a glimpse of my stash...

anything to make the story more wild. Waht did the new paper magnet in the 1900's say , anything to boost sales. (paraphrased here)
    If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
    Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Franklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    In England, it appears that the public and law enforcement freak over the littlest things.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8805022.Fossgate_bullet_find_mystery/
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,402 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »
    In England, it appears that the public and law enforcement freak over the littlest things.

Finding a .22 bullet on the ground in England is more of an archeological find. It indicates that many years ago a race of people lived there and they owned guns. I am surprised they didnt cordon off the whole area and preserve it as a historic site like Stonehenge..............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • shushshush Senior Member This Sceptical Isle.Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    olesniper wrote: »

"21st January 2011"

Yes, that is very pertinent.

We have picked up, off the street, quite a few bits of blood, snot and body parts since then mate.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey shush, what British news outlet do you recommend we read to get an honest idy of what's going on over there and y'all s perspective on us in the USA?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Hey shush, what British news outlet do you recommend we read to get an honest idy of what's going on over there and y'all s perspective on us in the USA?

For us, at this moment in time?

Lewis Carroll.

il_570xN.771713320_ey09.jpg

For you?

Anything with the date 2017 would be a good start.

Live in the real world, eh?
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Last night the news reporter that the baseball game shooter had 200 rounds in a storage locker......They would soil themselves if they got a glimpse of my stash...

My wife was reading that story and mentioned the "200 rounds" thing. I reached next to my chair and said " this box has 333 rounds in it."
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    My wife was reading that story and mentioned the "200 rounds" thing. I reached next to my chair and said " this box has 333 rounds in it."

I guess that 200 round thing would be impressive if they were artillery rounds....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    cpj wrote: »
    They still had a hissy.

It is on the interweb,most be true.

Like so much else.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    They're scared to death of firearms over there in some of them countries. Which is why they need to be bailed out, from time to time when the mean 'ol countries invade and spank their bottoms.

Remember the hysterical article from not long ago written by the libtard moonbat who penned that firing an AR-15 was more excitement than he could handle - the experience leaving his lungs breathless and his shoulder bruised and sore?

We may need to start calling them out on such things, perhaps with a statement of "There are only two possibilities here: you're either shoveling sensationalist B.S., or you're a complete p---y. Tell us right now, A or B, which is it?"

I will grant that other people may have a different idea of what constitutes an "arsenal" than I do, but I think we could at least agree that an "arsenal" would be more than a quantity that can be carried easily by a single man all at once. If you're saying "huge arsenal", I'm envisioning a sufficiency to arm companies or regiments.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    200 rounds..........what a puny amount I take more than that to the range with me for most calibers.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member crusted in sandPosts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I don't care if that story is six years old, that's frisking hilarious!

I'm pretty sure that the response would have been the same if it was yesterday.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 460 Member
    Bigslug wrote: »

I will grant that other people may have a different idea of what constitutes an "arsenal" than I do, but I think we could at least agree that an "arsenal" would be more than a quantity that can be carried easily by a single man all at once. If you're saying "huge arsenal", I'm envisioning a sufficiency to arm companies or regiments.

Over at this side of the Atlantic the arsenal part of the story starts with the legality of the possession; I am wondering about the handgun part of it in France and maybe even the semi-auto part of long-guns. As far as I know (very little) France is hunting rifles only ( and the type of semi is critical)
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    One man's arsenal is another man's collection.

Or

One man's arsenal is another man's good start.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.