Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

"Robert Mueller is an honorable man- - - - - -"

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
I wonder if Trump has studied Shakespeare? He just paraphrased Marc Anthony! I doubt if that turn of phrase was an accident!

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Caesar answer’d it.
Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest–
For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all, all honourable men–
Come I to speak in Caesar’s funeral.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
He hath brought many captives home to Rome
Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?
When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
You all did see that on the Lupercal
I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And, sure, he is an honourable man.
I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love him once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?
O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause till it come back to me.

With the recent abomination of a performance known as "Shakespeare In The Park" getting so much attention, the "coincidence" idea doesn't wash!
Jerry

Replies

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,308 Senior Member
    Encore, encore! Then bring the curtain down. Thanks for posting.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    It's funny you say that. For a while now I have been saying either Trump is absolutely non linear that is a half idiot, OR he is playing the role of Hamlet... let them think you are a fool while you work the things you need to work..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    And yet it was Marc Antony (not Anthony) who had Marcus Tullius Cicero killed.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    And yet it was Marc Antony (not Anthony) who had Marcus Tullius Cicero killed.

dilligaf?

Much Ado About Nothing?
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    :spittingcoffee:

I read one once too. It was a while ago.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    Well, he is there, now, and he isn't going away, until he wants to go away. Nobody is his boss, for all practical purposes. No judge can fire him, nor Congress. The President can fire him, but then Congress will scream for another special prosecutor to investigate that, and it will be easy to convince voters that he fired him to save his own butt. A special prosecutor is a terrible thing to behold, but behold him we will.

If he is an honorable man, and a patriot, he will do the job he was assigned in record time. There either is a case, or there isn't, and most of the evidence has already been in for a long time.

If he is just another old has-been who is taking his last opportunity to grab some glory, he will eventually stumble upon somebody he can destroy, and he will spend a year or two doing it, reveling in the glow of something close to absolute power.

Either way, we will all be distracted from some really important world events. Our allies will shake their heads and our enemies will smile, if they don't laugh outright, and then we will start the silly process all over again.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Either way, we will all be distracted from some really important world events. Our allies will shake their heads and our enemies will smile, if they don't laugh outright, and then we will start the silly process all over again.

This x 1000! I'm expecting this to continue for Trump's entire term.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,635 Senior Member
    It's funny you say that. For a while now I have been saying either Trump is absolutely non linear that is a half idiot, OR he is playing the role of Hamlet... let them think you are a fool while you work the things you need to work..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is why he tweeted that Comey better hope there are no recordings of their conversations. That almost guaranteed that Comey would tell the truth at the hearings.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    The oldest magician's trick, sleight of hand. Distract the onlookers with some elaborate flourish while the real action is going on surreptitiously- - - - -unobserved by the rubes who are watching the distraction!
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    I ain't watchin' any of it. It's foolishness and I won't do it honor by watching or giving it praise by lip service. I do believe Mueller is honorable enough not to drum up false charges, in which case in my opinion he won't find anything on Trump. I'm telling you all, Trump ain't got 11 Bil by falling off the turnip truck. I think he talks too much but he ain't stupid.

Oh and one more thing, I still say he's a piss poor communicator. That has not a whole lot to do with what he has between his ears, I open my mouth and the BS just flows out. It's a natural phenomenon or rather ability. Sometimes I can speak and write eloquently. But I don't have 11 Bil or evidently the ability to make it. So who do you think is smarter? Or what is a more true indicator of smarts? The ability to communicate eloquently or rather let the BS flow? Or the ability to make 11 Bil? I'll take the 11 Bil any day. The other is just hot air.

:tooth:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,285 Senior Member
    Which is why he tweeted that Comey better hope there are no recordings of their conversations. That almost guaranteed that Comey would tell the truth at the hearings.

His (Trump) saying that reminds me of a poker game where a player raises and the other player can't read his face and folds with a winning hand because he is afraid of losing more.

Mueller is stacking the deck with Democrat lawyers with lots of contributions and ties to the Clingons (Clintons), so there may be some blowback on them.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Mueller would have been right at home in Salem Mass. a couple of hundred years ago.
    Jerry
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement