Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Solar panels on the border wall- - - - - -

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
Works for me, but not for the reasons that have been suggested so far. I've seen a 1500 pound Angus bull learn to respect a single strand of bare wire with 20,000 volts on it. Think about the impression an electrified fence 30 feet tall would make on a bunch of w e t b a c k s!
:yikes:
Jerry

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,636 Senior Member
    They could use the solar panels to power the "electric grid."
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Just electrify the top two feet- - - - -no point in making innocent animals suffer, and the wall climbers will get quite a surprise.
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    Dial the voltage up to 100Kv with a current slightly higher than a high output auto ignition, and at about 6,000-9,000 cycles per second. Turning loose would be fun! The current makes muscles contract. :roll2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    I bought a golf cart off of Craigslist yesterday. I am going to use a solar panel on top of it. We are going to use it to make the 300 yard run from the 5th wheel to the outhouse at our camp up north. Conveniently, it is an "EZ Go" cart. That, and you are supposed to get 10 miles to a charge. That will get us back and forth to the mile long target a couple of times, plus to the beer store and back before we need the sunshine to replenish our batteries again.

Deer season? Imagine going to your stand and dragging deer out with a completely silent machine?

Solar/electric rocks!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,426 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I bought a golf cart off of Craigslist yesterday. I am going to use a solar panel on top of it. We are going to use it to make the 300 yard run from the 5th wheel to the outhouse at our camp up north. Conveniently, it is an "EZ Go" cart. That, and you are supposed to get 10 miles to a charge. That will get us back and forth to the mile long target a couple of times, plus to the beer store and back before we need the sunshine to replenish our batteries again.

Deer season? Imagine going to your stand and dragging deer out with a completely silent machine?

Solar/electric rocks!

You own digging equipment, why not just build an outhouse closer to the fifth wheel? No bathroom in a 5th wheel? FWIW, we have 2 outhouses at our deer camp. I think it would work good for running up and down dry trails, not so much in November snow, you can get a used 4-wheeler for about as much.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    Dude. The cart was $100 and I have some spare solar panels out back. Outhouse? The one I built is badass and not cheap. No compromises! November snow? Do you see what vintage snowmobiles are going for? ($dirtcheap) Do you understand that I can't buy a snowmobile until mama is happy with the 4 wheeler situation?

Us guys? The world is our urinal. The ladies? They tend to like a bit of privacy.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Dude. The cart was $100 and I have some spare solar panels out back. Outhouse? The one I built is badass and not cheap. No compromises! November snow? Do you see what vintage snowmobiles are going for? ($dirtcheap) Do you understand that I can't buy a snowmobile until mama is happy with the 4 wheeler situation?

Us guys? The world is our urinal. The ladies? They tend to like a bit of privacy.

Put the panels on our side and use them to power the metal strips about half way up the wall to discourage climbers.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Put the panels on our side and use them to power the metal strips about half way up the wall to discourage climbers.

Wall climbers are no problem. Just bring in the 'Geezer Brigade' and arm them with .22 LR rifles, free food and drink, and strategically placed porta-potties. We can't sleep, have to get up a few times at night to go pee, are already pissed off about being old, and need an anger outlet. Wouldn't NOTHING get over the wall! :roll2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams

"But honey, it is for the kids":jester:

I see your point, your cheap-fu is most excellent, grasshopper.

Still, that is a long way to the outhouse when the turtle is poking his head out, even with the golf cart.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    I haven't heard anything from the engineers, so it sounds like a good idea, at first glance. Depends upon the maintenance, I suppose. I say try it on the first mile or two, and if it doesn't work out, trash the idea. Considering what the government has spent on research of every kind, it wouldn't be that much out of line.

Besides, a good wall in strategic locations will cut costs for drug enforcement, by funneling traffic into a smaller area to be covered.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Still, that is a long way to the outhouse

That depends on what's been on the menu lately, and which way the wind is blowing!
    :vomit:
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    That depends on what's been on the menu lately, and which way the wind is blowing!
    :vomit:
    Jerry

Outhouse are mild in November, bugs that makes the smells starts to freeze.
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement