Home Main Category Clubhouse

Be cautious on some these offers, you may be signing up for stuff you don't want

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
So a couple weeks ago I get an email/Offer from ARMSLIST (I think???) with an offer for a " The Torch LED Tactical Flashlight" free just pay $4.95 S&H...............so I ordered one and used PayPal to pay for it.

Got confirmations from PayPal and a place called Clickbank and it would be shipped soon. I had it sent to one of my daughters. So I get another email saying here is the tracking# and get to reading it. At the bottom it says you will be billed monthly for a subscription $18.95.......whoa....I didn't sign up for anything.

I called the Clickbank and they were very nice and said they would cancel it and I got email conformations saying that. Daughter tells me to go to my PayPal account sign in and double check. Then click on the "Gear" icon and then pre-authorized payments and then the company name.

I did and it was still open, but had $00.00 listed, so I cancelled that pre-authorization there too. I only called yesterday so I dunno if they Clickbank did the $00.00 or what they do from their end.

All I can figure is during checkout to accept the off after I used PayPal about 4 or 5 screens keep coming up trying to sell me a flashlight holster, rechargeable battery pack and whatever after I made mad payment. It may have said do not close your browser and keep clicking no/yes on offers to proceed and new screens will appear in a minute.

Well after one offer appeared I waited and waited and waited and decided screw it and closed the browser since I already got emails saying PayPal sent the $4.95 and from Clickbank saying they got payment.............

So be careful, never know what you may have signed up or bought you didn't ask for on some of those so called special offers just to pay S&H.

I usually just delete those type emails..............I had no trouble with a pocket knife I got from a similar offer from a different joint/offer. Maybe I should take my own advice.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,955 Senior Member
    But wait, there's more! Order in the next 10 minutes, and we'll double your order, just pay separate shipping and handling!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,085 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Maybe I should take my own advice.

Ya think?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,807 Senior Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    But did you get your Ginsu knife? You know the one you can saw through a nail with and then cut a tomato (because I do that all the time...) :tooth:

Naw, but I did get a "Tactical" TRS325S assisted opening knife with a window smasher and seat belt cutter slot fer $9.95 and it ain't bad and worth it even even it only works once. Oh and a DVD on knife fighting by some dudes who unlike me know what they are doing.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,452 Senior Member
    Check the rest of the page, have I got a deal for you.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    I just got a deal from my pillow.com. Too bad the deal didn't include return shipping........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the 2nd one was free you just pay shipping...............apparently one-way shipping!