Home Main Category General Firearms

wife's a keeper

sakodudesakodude Senior MemberPosts: 3,734 Senior Member
Prowling around the gun library at Cabelas yesterday, saw a few things that caught my eye. Wife was a rack or so behind me and calls me back.
Did you see this she asked?
Yes I did I replied.
I want it, she replied!
So she bought herself this:

Winchester model 94 Classic 30-30 manufactured in 1968 by the S/N. Pristine, possibly unfired condition. They were offering an extra 10% off used guns this weekend and I talked them into another 10% since it had no box.
Not sure if she will shoot it or just hang it on the wall and look at it. I'm happy ether way.

Sako

Replies

  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,902 Senior Member
    Great buy, really nice wood.

    JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Nice, they don't make'm like that no mo! :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,456 Senior Member
    That's a really nice one...saddle ring is a nice touch...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,218 Senior Member
    My son shoots mine better then I do. Si I had to give it to him!
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,364 Senior Member
    Very Nice Congrats on a great find
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,512 Senior Member
    like it
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,327 Senior Member
    That is a great rifle! Great score, you suck. And the price:yousuck:!!!!x100
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,531 Senior Member
    Killer find.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    That's an extremely nice example.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,734 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    That is a great rifle! Great score, you suck. And the price:yousuck:!!!!x100

    Thanks. The price was a bit surprising. There were several other really good deals there. Had we not bought this I would have been bringing home a Marlin camp 45 for the same price. There was an H&R buffalo classic 45-70 at 329.00 and an absolutely stunning Browning 2010 RMEF special B-78 in 300 H&H mag tagged at 999.00 all with the additional 10% off. Makes me wonder if they are starting to blow out inventory before BPS takes over.
    I haven't completely ruled out going back after the marlin:silly:

    Sako
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,734 Senior Member
    Thanks everyone, it is quite an eye catching rifle. But then my wife don't do ugly! makes me wonder though how she ever picked me:jester:

    Sako
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,995 Senior Member
    Love the rifle...........You not so much cos you get to shoot it.............and I am starting to dislike your wife cos she 'scored' it........

    I dont think it appropriate to say to her what we normally say to guys that obtain something out of the ordinary .......If you get my drift.

    Great Find.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,734 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Love the rifle...........You not so much cos you get to shoot it.............and I am starting to dislike your wife cos she 'scored' it........

    I dont think it appropriate to say to her what we normally say to guys that obtain something out of the ordinary .......If you get my drift.

    Great Find.
    Don't hate on her, she wants to meet you someday. As for the last part, yes, best to refrain I think:roll2:

    Sako
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,200 Senior Member
    Are you going to shoot it? That is pretty wood for sure, I drove right past the Cabelas in Mitchell SD today, I guess I should have stopped, wife and kids were with though, would have been at least an extra 2 hours on the trip.

    Oh, keep the wife too:applause:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,734 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Are you going to shoot it? That is pretty wood for sure, I drove right past the Cabelas in Mitchell SD today, I guess I should have stopped, wife and kids were with though, would have been at least an extra 2 hours on the trip.

    Oh, keep the wife too:applause:

    Well it's her rifle so if she lets me...... yes I will shoot it. As for keeping her, we have kept each other for 34 years so far. Don't see any reason to stop now!

    Sako
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,793 Senior Member
    Buffalo classic for 329 you say? Was that before or after the 10%?
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,695 Senior Member
    GREAT looking rifle, and I'm not a fan modern 94's! But that would have been hard to pass up!
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,734 Senior Member
    Buffalo classic for 329 you say? Was that before or after the 10%?

    That was the tag price.

    Sako
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,190 Senior Member
    That is most reasonable price I've seen on a Winchester since the factory shut done.

    Folks around here would have a grand on that rifle & act like it was a steal at that.

    Nice score indeed!!

    Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,734 Senior Member
    Thanks guys. I really can't take credit, I walked past it and the wife latched on and would not let go. She does have an eye for beautiful guns and I never argue with her choices.

    Sako
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,009 Senior Member
    Wow, that puppy is pristine.

    Wait? Don't you have a grandkid now? You just now figured out that your wife is a keeper? You should've been testing this possibility for years! :tooth:
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,734 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Wow, that puppy is pristine.

    Wait? Don't you have a grandkid now? You just now figured out that your wife is a keeper? You should've been testing this possibility for years! :tooth:

    I do have a grand daughter now and she already owns a 30ish year old unfired Red Ryder:p
    The fact that my wife is a keeper has been clearly evident for 34 years now. She just every now and then reminds me how lucky and blessed I truly am!

    Sako
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,793 Senior Member
    You guys are a whole family of keepers! And judging by that gun, impeccable taste.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,734 Senior Member
    You guys are a whole family of keepers! And judging by that gun, impeccable taste.

    very kind words, Thank you.


    Sako
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,044 Senior Member
    That's a cracker, keep them both.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement