Bullpup EDC 9mm pistol

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,131 Senior Member
Interesting and different for sure. I'd like to fire one someday. Pretty cool concept and they seem to have got it to work albeit with a couple caveats like the ammo needs a good crimp and lube for the rotating bbl.

Ammo feeds or is picked off the mag backwards.

With all the very reliable compact 9mms on the market for half or even a third or less of the cost not likely I'd buy one, but find it pretty darn cool and wonder if other design/caliber models will be in the future.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/6/23/tested-bond-arms-bullpup9-9-mm-pistol/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0617
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,131 Senior Member
    I might could get over the ammo needing a good crimp/limitations. There are a few snub-nose revolvers that the makers say use only a certain weight bullet in and even .22 and other semi autos can be picky.

For example, my Walther PP in .32 ACP will fire about anything I load it up with, but once I loaded some Cor-Bon JHPs and when I went to clear it I got a mess of powder and a bullet stuck in the chamber because it pulled the bullet when I ejected the live round. Maybe that lot of ammo or it needed more crimp which I could easily fix on my reloading press, but I don't condemn Cor-Bon ammo or my Walther because of that.

This intrigues me for some reason, maybe because I'm looking beyond this particular pistol to what innovations it may bring in the future. I know, I know...........building a new mousetrap especially with a 9mm pistol where almost everything under the sun has been tried already and what is there now works and works well.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,076 Senior Member
    Pretty interesting. Would love to test fire one someday.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 318 Member
    I already don't like it
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,131 Senior Member
    If somebody would show up at the next SE Shoot with one...........oh say like Wambli..... I'd make sure I had a box of the recommended ammo with me and stand in line to fire it :tooth: :guns: :guns:
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,695 Senior Member
    Based on that review, I would own one.

A micro 9mm pistol delivering sub 2 inch accuracy at 15 yards, and over 300 FPE, plus 7+ 1 capacity under 18 ounces, made of metal. $977 is a bit stiff. But accurate, light, hard hitting and better capacity, plus pocket carry - able.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,278 Senior Member
    Maybe down the road ... but in say maybe a year if there are any kinks should have been worked out. Also I see the retail price of $977 or more if the demand is high with the supply being only 150 a month per article being market price and maybe in that time the street price will start to come down as supply and demand normalize.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Based on that review, I would own one.

A micro 9mm pistol delivering sub 2 inch accuracy at 15 yards, and over 300 FPE, plus 7+ 1 capacity under 18 ounces, made of metal. $977 is a bit stiff. But accurate, light, hard hitting and better capacity, plus pocket carry - able.

D
    If it takes off and price drops down to SIG levels I can see it being attractive.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,312 Senior Member
    It's an interesting design. Not sure the complexity is worth any benefit it offers though.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    cpj wrote: »
    It's an interesting design. Not sure the complexity is worth any benefit it offers though.
    I like the idea of weight being same as a Glock 43 in all metal gun.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,509 Senior Member
    Looks like someone took a hacksaw to a regular pistol. I'd still be interested in shooting one, but don't think I'd ever warm up enough to own
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I like the idea of weight being same as a Glock 43 in all metal gun.

But to me the fact that it has to pull a round backwards, then shove it forwards, yeah that ain't worth the weight. Seems kinda sketchy. Standard designs are almost fool proof with cartridge feeding. Just slam it forward.
    Zee
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,762 Senior Member
    :agree: :that: :win:

Does anyone remember the Colt 2000?

I see this as another overly complicated design, destined for a similar fate
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,305 Senior Member
    Interesting loading and ejection cycle. Sort of reminiscent of a machine gun cycle; just upside down.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    That lub issue may or may not still be a problem
    it's not for me.
    This message has been deleted
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,078 Senior Member
    Interesting for sure! Doubt I'd own one, but would certainly shoot one. Always good to see innovation even if it doesn't end up catching on.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,577 Senior Member
    When they're down to $400 ... maybe. But for $977, ROFLMAO.
    But to me the fact that it has to pull a round backwards, then shove it forwards, yeah that ain't worth the weight. Seems kinda sketchy. Standard designs are almost fool proof with cartridge feeding. Just slam it forward.
    No MIM, cast or stamped parts and no polymer. Everything is machined out of steel and good aluminum and again, as light as the similar Glock. A different way to feed does not bother me and complexity, as long as it goes with quality and reliability, is Ok with me. Looking at the drawings it's all the same parts any normal gun has but in a slightly different configuration.

So if the price comes down to SIG levels I'll probably take a good look at one.
    Of course there's that minor problem of being forced to use "approved" ammo for fear of pulling bullets. But that's minor.
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,993 Senior Member
    A bit steep in price, but when the SW Shield was first released they cost twice as much as they do today.

I consider the Shield and Glock 43 too large for pocket carry, but with a clipdraw or proper holster they fit IWB nicely. If it works reliably I see this gun being carried a lot.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Of course there's that minor problem of being forced to use "approved" ammo for fear of pulling bullets. But that's minor.
    No issues with SD ammo and I don't shoot crap ammo out of my guns, so nope...
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,939 Senior Member
    I like things that are different - so I'd love to try one at the very least. The price is scary high though, for what it is.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    Of course, one needs to wait for honest review of this weapon before getting too excited...
    Zee
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 319 Member
    If it suffers from any of the ammunition issues the Boberg did, it will spend most of its life locked in a safe. A buddy has a Boberg and he doesnt shoot it very much. Even with the approved ammunition the range session is always cut short by a magazine full of powder.
    Of course, one needs to wait for honest review of this weapon before getting too excited...
    THAT I absolutely agree with.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,762 Senior Member
    :agree: Rem R51 anyone?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,725 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    :agree: Rem R51 anyone?
    Supposedly the R51s evaluated were all "pre-production" models. So, the honest review needs to be one that you can actually buy, too. Not a test model.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,695 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    When they're down to $400 ... maybe. But for $977, ROFLMAO.

Some people wear a Casio G Shock, some like a Tag Heuer....

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester: