Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

North Korea Missile Launch

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 24,193 Senior Member
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,315 Senior Member
    I'm sure that a couple of folks who offended the Great Leader were in the nose cone....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • DanoobieDanoobie Member Posts: 95 Member
    IMO, I agree that the best thing Trump can do is work with Russia
    and China, but to also allow them the chance to solve their own problems
    on their continent. Russia, China, and Japan are positioned much better
    to handle this guy.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    I sure hope Rex Tillerson writes Mr. Jong-un a formal letter scolding him for this act! :silly:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Maybe fat-boy will choke on one of the many meals he eats every day while his people starve!
    Jerry
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Trump already tweeted his response.
    No worries.:popcorn:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    The new leader in South Korea is a snowflake. Doesn't want our new missiles to help defend his country. We should start withdrawing our troops and see if his tune changes. Our troops deserve the best defense possible or be withdrawn. If you want to be an ally be one if not or see ya. Our net loss no KIAs or Hyundais. Our two Carrier Groups has more destructive ability than North Korea. Come on Fat Boy! :angry: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I'm sure that a couple of folks who offended the Great Leader were in the nose cone....

Sh
    Not too loud, we don't want to give him any ideas.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I'm afraid we all may have underestimated the North Koreans. If they have a missile then they probably have a war head capable if attacking us. The Obummer administration let this crap go way too long. Now we may have to do something drastic just to save as much of the world as we can. Japan and of course South Korea are toast if it comes to a military solution but it's looking that way. Somebody needs to take that Pecker Head out!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    early wrote: »
    Trump already tweeted his response.
    No worries.:popcorn:

Exactly. Perhaps he will re-deploy the Dennis Rodman bot for negotiations.
    snake284 wrote: »
    I'm afraid we all may have underestimated the North Koreans. If they have a missile then they probably have a war head capable if attacking us. The Obummer administration let this crap go way too long. Now we may have to do something drastic just to save as much of the world as we can. Japan and of course South Korea are toast if it comes to a military solution but it's looking that way. Somebody needs to take that Pecker Head out!

It wasn't just Obama. It's the result from decades of ignoring this growing threat. This issue should have been resolved back in the 50s when we first decide to play the role of world cop. The first hostile action against North Korea and Seoul is turned to ash. He's crazy enough to do it.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    The new leader in South Korea is a snowflake. Doesn't want our new missiles to help defend his country. We should start withdrawing our troops and see if his tune changes. Our troops deserve the best defense possible or be withdrawn. If you want to be an ally be one if not or see ya. Our net loss no KIAs or Hyundais. Our two Carrier Groups has more destructive ability than North Korea. Come on Fat Boy! :angry: Later,
    Kias and Hyundais are built in the US. No problem there. I also see no reason for us to have thousands of our military "boots on the ground" in South Korea. Anti missile defense plus aircraft carriers and submarines yes.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    It wasn't just Obama. It's the result from decades of ignoring this growing threat. This issue should have been resolved back in the 50s when we first decide to play the role of world cop. The first hostile action against North Korea and Seoul is turned to ash. He's crazy enough to do it.
    The cease fire and division of Korea was a UN thing. Is there any legitimate reason why we can't relocate UN headquarters from NYC to Kabul, Afghanistan?
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    The cease fire and division of Korea was a UN thing. Is there any legitimate reason why we can't relocate UN headquarters from NYC to Kabul, Afghanistan?

Great Idea, then Trump could appoint Obama our representative to the U.N. Let him see first hand the mess he made.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Depending on who is doing the antimissile missile selection, a shot from NK to the U.S. could be easily taken out while it is at high altitude with a 15-30 Kton nuke tipped antimissile. No worries of that nasty Electromagnetic Pulse with that small a nuke going off at high altitude, and it's big enough to take out the incoming warhead without actually hitting it. 'Handgrenades and horseshoes' thing; close is plenty good enough.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Whatever we do in Korea better be smart, because the bastards will fight. Being unprepared and uncommitted cost us 36,000 US soldiers, Marines, Airmen and Navy pilots on the last go-round. This is not a war that we want to stumble into, especially after 8 years of neglecting our military. Also, China and Russia will play everything to their own advantage, so that can get dicey, too. We have to do something that works - I just don't yet see what that would be. The last I heard, NK had most of the good targets underground.

Ideally, we should have obliterated the first ICBM that they put on the launch platform. I think maybe they surprised us. They may have a hardened underground launch pad that we didn't know about. If so, we have problems. With the media treachery going on against Trump, we have at least half of the country that would not support major war, which is a very definite possibility, when we attack NK.

This is a very bad thing.
    The last time around, we had the NK's well and truly spanked until China put thousands of troops into the mix. Massed charges by Chinese troops against machine guns, with only one in three carrying a rifle, can overwhelm even the best defenses. I rented a room for a few months from a man who was a medic in Korea, and he was a classic case of PTSD 10 years after his military service, long before that term was invented.

Korea is another example of a hellhole not worth fighting for, just like Iraq, Syria, or Afghanistan. The problem is that if left unchecked, the threat doesn't go away or remain static- - - -it grows like a cancer!
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    Massed charges by Chinese troops against machine guns, with only one in three carrying a rifle, can overwhelm even the best defenses. I rented a room for a few months from a man who was a medic in Korea, and he was a classic case of PTSD 10 years after his military service, long before that term was invented.

My dad told me that the day he arrived on the MLR in Korea, the first thing they did was have the entire company dig in and 'pull the hole in after them,' so that they could call in a final protective fire artillery strike on their own position (air-bursts only). The company they relieved had been overrun, and his batallion commander told them all that they might be overrun, but they weren't abandoning their position in the line. He said that everyone emerged safely from their holes, after the demonstration, although half of them were bleeding from their ears and couldn't hear for several hours. Of course the enemy was surveilling the entire thing, so it accomplished two things. The company knew what to do if they couldn't hold, and the enemy knew better than to hit at that point on the line, again. The enemy id feign an attack on them, but threw their main force at another company that held their position with the aid of the accurate artillery fire.
    China is going to do nothing. They furnished the launcher for the ICBM. The South Korean president is probably willing to sell them out to China, so he can't be depended upon. Japan is depending on us, since we are the ones who made them denounce war, forever, although I'm sure that they could put up a formidable defense, if nukes weren't involved.

I know that you are thinking that this is all a bluff, and it probably is, for now. But, just imagine the effect on the western third of the US, if they were able to pop an EMP over California, even if they didn't send a regular nuke. We know that they have nukes and a delivery system. What we don't know is whether they have the miniaturization capability to put a nuclear warhead on their ICBM, and whether they have the range and accuracy to hit us. We also know that their leader is crazy.

Knowing all of this, what would a good liberal do? Never mind, I have decades of information to formulate this answer - kick the can down the road. Get a signature on a paper to wave around, and declare victory. Kennedy got by without a pre-emptive strike in 1962, because he was dealing with a rational enemy that was testing his resolve, and because he had a back channel that allowed him to give away missiles in Turkey without the press finding out. Trump would be impeached for having a back channel, if the behavior of the Democrats is any guide.
    The next time they spend three days fueling a liquid-fuel missile while we watch with sattellites, it needs to be destroyed on the ground before they get a chance to light the fuse. Then tell them the next volley is going to wipe fat boy and his crew of butt-kissers off the face of the earth.
    Jerry
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    A "ICBM" that made it all the way to the Sea of Japan. I would have been more impressed if they had dropped it into the Gulf of Mexico.
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement