Range Report: Longmire

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 10,392 Senior Member
Shot it today. It shoots fine, but like all my autos, I shot it to the left. My buddy shot it right down the middle, so the problem is with me, not the pistol. It shot well, otherwise. I didn't have enough ammo to work out my trigger problems but will next week. I appear to be pushing the barrel to the left with my trigger finger. I do this with all my striker-fired guns and have the rear sights pushed to the right. I'm consistent with this flaw, but I want to overcome my flaw.

It shot different ammo flawlessly and the several different magazines without misfires or stacks. The bad news is the controls on the pistol are pretty tight and the mag release didn't do well on anything but Colt magazines. Hard to force them into the handle. The slide release is very tight, too.

Overall I'm liking it.
Not too many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I shot a freinds brand new Delta Elite a couple weeks ago. His mags wouldn't seat without depressing the release button prior to insertion. His spring wss real strong, I thought to hold the mags in during recoil. They fit perfectly though, lineing up exactly with the lock notch. Maybe you have a similar stiff release spring.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,392 Senior Member
    I think the release spring is very strong. The Colt SS mags seat with a minimum tap, the others (military mags) need a lot of tap to seat them. Why, I don't know. They feel tight, but work just fine. Don't have to press the mag release to seat them, but it does help unless you want to slap them.

Releasing the Mil-surp is another thing. It won't fall out on its own. Ah, well, life goes on..
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,003 Senior Member
    Nice it is functioning for U
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,513 Senior Member
    Good deal, Gene.