"Camel toe" Harris?
    :jester:
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    "Camel toe" Harris?
    :jester:
    Jerry

Foreign leaders could do to us literally what they've been doing to us figuratively for years! :rotflmao: :roll2: :roll2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    Incarceration costs anywhere from $20-40k/year per person plus all the legal and law enforcement costs that go into catching and prosecuting them. We could send these dirtbags to college cheaper than putting them behind bars. Not saying that's the solution, but what we have been doing is plenty expensive and not terribly effective. Ramping down the war on drugs would go a long way. Building systems to provide opportunities to people rather than merely punishing them couldn't hurt. When you give people few other options, of course they're going to do what they have to do to survive. That's the way humans work.

Pure unadulterated bullsqueeze. Supposedly folks who are born here have limited options while folks born elsewhere pour in by the hundreds of thousands each year in order to better themselves. Crime is a choice. Period.

Make your arguments about ramping back TWOD... I'm right there with you. Discuss reasons for the insanely high cost of housing inmates, I'll listen with rapt attention. Argue any idea you wish about cutting crime numbers. Your ideas will be as valid as any.

Try to sell me on the idea that even a small (though significant) percentage commit crimes because they have to??

I'll have two words for you and they won't be "Happy birthday".
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement