I'd order this .45 Colt Ruger Blackhawk right now if the BBL was longer

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,990 Senior Member
If it had a bbl longer than 4.6 inches. Like maybe 5.5 or 6.5

I want one with Adj sights. My New Vaquero has a 5.5 bbl fixed sights. Since I'd mostly use it for range use I want a .45 Colt that I can mess with different loads and adjust the sights. Plus a Blackhawk will take heavier loads if I'm so inclined.

I hesitated on the same Blackhawk with a 6.5(?) bbl there on the shelf last year and it was gone when I went back. It was $525.

Can't beat $449 on this one though..........I'm thinking...........damn ????????????

Common sense says I'd hit better with a longer sight radius.........

https://www.rkguns.com/ruger-blackhawk-45-lc-4-6-revolver-kbn44-c.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-2017-07-19-rough-rider&utm_campaign=rough-rider&utm_content=email-img-ruger-blackhawk&_bta_tid=03887641405476410911416005497380258007795400915602359006618729023310845296326463591156067754721597704809
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Today only...........:bang: :bang:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,336 Senior Member
    Oh just order the damn thing. At that price, who cares if you hit anything with it or not? Seriously, I'll bet you'd do just fine with it. :up:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    You're probly the best shot in that part a the county. Is an approximate inch gonna matter???
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    I do hit pretty good with my S&W 4" .44 Spl, but as Ned will attest to the other one with a 6.5 bbl is much mo better and easier to hit with.

It is almost what I want, but not quite and if I didn't already have the Vaquero I'd be all over it like white on rice.................
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,756 Senior Member
    It is almost what I want, but not quite and if I didn't already have the Vaquero

you mean the one with fixed sight not adjustable ?.....hurry today only
    I'd gladly pay the extra $75 bucks if they had a longer barrelled one..................I gotta thunk on this ........
    Big Chief wrote: »
    ...I gotta thunk on this ........

Don't thunk too long, "today only". Besides, we all want to shoot it next year! :devil:

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    I found a blued one NIB within driving distance for $454 with a 7.5 bbl....................so plenty options out there, it is tempting. Here is the model I found on Gallery of Guns which list prices with locations so you can make comparisons.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/newModelBlackhawkBlued/specSheets/0455.html
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,347 Senior Member
    My 6" barrel .45 Blackhawk launches 300 grain hard casts at around 1300 FPS. The extra 1 1/2" of barrel length might help out velocity-wise with the right choice of powder, and the longer sight radius will definitely help accuracy. Just don't count on winning any quick-draw contests!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I'd gladly pay the extra $75 bucks if they had a longer barrelled one..................I gotta thunk on this ........

Ok, $454 for the long bbl, minus $449 for the short bbl, equals $5. What will you do with the extra $70 you saved? :devil:

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    For a dedicated hunting gun, I like 6" of barrel for the sight radius and velocity. For a back-up, field, or carry gun, I prefer the 4.6" barrel.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    SS go for it!!
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.