Sig Romeo 4 optic?

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 11,099 Senior Member
Anybody try one of these? Trop Gun Shop has them on sale for $170 this weekend. I want to use it on an AR pistol. Optics Planet says they have discontinued carrying them :confused:
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,935 Senior Member
    I have one on my HK53. Seems to work fine. Kinda like an H1. Only deficiency I've noticed is that you cannot see a visible laser through the optic (when trying to cowitness the laser) due to coating, I guess.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,099 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    I have one on my HK53. Seems to work fine. Kinda like an H1. Only deficiency I've noticed is that you cannot see a visible laser through the optic (when trying to cowitness the laser) due to coating, I guess.

Do you remember what it cost?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Do you remember what it cost?

No. :cool:
    No. :cool:

You should care how much stuff costs before you break it:jester:.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,269 Senior Member
    Are you open to other products? If so, check out the deal on the Vortex SPARC at Palmetto State Armory.....Optic and 10 PMAGS for $199.00...
    I went with a Vortex SPARC II on my AR pistol. Had one on my patrol rifle and liked it a lot...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    You should care how much stuff costs before you break it:jester:.

Not when I done pay for it. Directly.
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Are you open to other products? If so, check out the deal on the Vortex SPARC at Palmetto State Armory.....Optic and 10 PMAGS for $199.00...
    I went with a Vortex SPARC II on my AR pistol. Had one on my patrol rifle and liked it a lot...

I am afraid to get a shopping cart started on Palmetto.......but, I have looked at that. Have we seen a picture of you pistol yet?
    Not when I done pay for it. Directly.

At least YOU give range reports when you break stuff, your co-workers need to step up.
    SIGgal wrote: »
    I have a Sig Romeo5 and I like it. I will be honest though, I have mostly Aimpoint Compm4 and Aimpoint Pro red dots on all my AR's, and it is hard to make the change to something else. On the Sig, I have noticed that there is a red glare when using the sight in bright sunlight and in all honesty is my only real complaint. Keep in mind, Aimpoint was 4 times the price of the Sig products, but the Sig products are still top notch...... I swear on my namesake :)

Have you built a pistol yet? I will look at those Aimpoints again.
    I am afraid to get a shopping cart started on Palmetto.......but, I have looked at that. Have we seen a picture of you pistol yet?

Yes, but not with the optic installed...and alas Photobucket has deep sixed the photo...
    Yes, but not with the optic installed...and alas Photobucket has deep sixed the photo...

As a moderator, is there a recommended site to replace them?
    I have no clue....
    I have no clue....

Says the guy collecting the $5 fines for no pictures.....