Tips for bullet and die organization?

JKPJKP Senior MemberPosts: 1,846 Senior Member
Anyone have good tips for organizing bullets? I'm going to start a flooring project soon that will involve relocating a lot of my reloading stuff so that will be a good time to improve my organization. Right now I just stack all of my similarly sized boxes of bullets on a shelf (see pic).

I'm thinking maybe some smallish transparent plastic containers that would hold different diameter bullets in their original boxes (e.g. .224, .243, .25, etc).

Same issue with all of the dies in the background - any clever ideas for organizing those?

I'm not opposed to building a new free standing shelf.

Replies

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,846 Senior Member
    327d8ae6028642d91539fc4d278e68c0.jpg
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    I use plastic shoe boxes to hold bullets in their original boxes, by caliber. Same with brass. Dies I do the same as you've got
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,456 Senior Member
    I keep my bullets on shelves that are only about a bullet box deep and organized by caliber. My dies are in a file cabinet drawer and I don't like that so much, well I guess the drawer part is ok but I use hornady adapters and after I put them on you can't get the lid shut. I find it odd that hornady dies won't fit using their system. A file cabinet would work for you and you can stand the dies on end and read them and pull out the one you need without restacking. BTW you have a lot of dies.