Won an auction again

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,768 Senior Member
Placed the minimum bid expecting not to win. Well, shoot, I won haha. With the insane prices American Mod 70s pull these days (500 and up for the dirt cheap blind mag push feed that sold for 299 new,ex) I figured this would've gone for another 2-400. FFL is sent, I'll be getting the money order sent tomorrow.

Winchester Classic SM (synthetic matte) with BOSS. looks to be in great shape. BOSS and caliber are irrelevant. So is the stock. I picked up another New Haven custom shop left over. That'll make 2 CRF Mod 70s going into their custom grade stocks!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,140 Senior Member
    Dyson has nothing on you.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,898 Senior Member
    You tryin' to catch up with Wambli and Zee?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    He needs to change his screen name to THE RIFLEMAN :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    You tryin' to catch up with Wambli and Zee?

Maybe.....
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,737 Senior Member
    Just how many pre 64's do you own now if I may ask................? :tooth:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »

How many of yours haven't even been shot?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,087 Senior Member
    Placed the minimum bid expecting not to win. Well, shoot, I won haha. With the insane prices American Mod 70s pull these days (500 and up for the dirt cheap blind mag push feed that sold for 299 new,ex) I figured this would've gone for another 2-400. FFL is sent, I'll be getting the money order sent tomorrow.

Winchester Classic SM (synthetic matte) with BOSS. looks to be in great shape. BOSS and caliber are irrelevant. So is the stock. I picked up another New Haven custom shop left over. That'll make 2 CRF Mod 70s going into their custom grade stocks!

That's funny! That's a good price, but it will never sell for that. I'll place a bid just for giggles, but it will never sell for that. We'll what do you know, it sold for that.

Enjoy!!
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,737 Senior Member
    How many of yours haven't even been shot?

One.................but its the 270, so thats understandable.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    What's this one going to be when it grows up?

Dunno yet, but a 400 Whelen is on my mind
    orchidman wrote: »

None! The deals just aren't there. I don't think I'd want to modify a pre64, unless it was a wreck and cheap. A 300 and 375 h&h pair would be nice
    That's funny! That's a good price, but it will never sell for that. I'll place a bid just for giggles, but it will never sell for that. We'll what do you know, it sold for that.

Enjoy!!

Pretty much! A great price on a 70 I'll always at least consider. I've got enough stocks, mounts, bottom metal, etc for various mod 70s that I can mix and match a bunch.

Still want - m70 true short action, wsm and maybe wssm.

Probably end up selling off a few of the non Winchester rifles I've got laying around. Make room for more Winchester
    Been a looooooong time since I've seen ANY decent deals on a pre-64 70 and the last time I did I jumped on it and bought it...

I see a lot of pre64s, but mostly 1000-1200 for junk or well used 270/06, and many 2k range H&H models. I watch Cabelas listings on guns international, because they will send them to my store which is 10 minutes away. The library manager is my friend/ex gander co worker, occasionally he might be able to bring the gun in for no shipping charge if he has an order from that area. I've been seeing better prices on pre64s vs post lately from Cabelas...so just maybe I'll get lucky
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,290 Senior Member
    Pretty much! A great price on a 70 I'll always at least consider. I've got enough stocks, mounts, bottom metal, etc for various mod 70s that I can mix and match a bunch.

Still want - m70 true short action, wsm .and maybe wssm

Probably end up selling off a few of the non Winchester rifles I've got laying around. Make room for more Winchester

Funny you should say that... Cabelas out here last week had a Winchester model 70 classic in 25 WSSM priced at under $350! thought hard on it as I've always wanted a quarter bore but I've got my heart set on a Roberts.

Sako
    sakodude wrote: »
    Funny you should say that... Cabelas out here last week had a Winchester model 70 classic in 25 WSSM priced at under $350! thought hard on it as I've always wanted a quarter bore but I've got my heart set on a Roberts.

Sako

I've got 25wssm dies.....
    By chance...is it still there??
    What's this one going to be when it grows up?

Although now Jay's thread on your ultimate 2 has me thinking how much I'd have to put in the 2 Classics to make the H&H set
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,290 Senior Member

Couldn't tell you, my cabelas is more than 10 min from home:jester: If I get out that way this weekend I will check. Are you interested if its still there?

Sako
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,034 Senior Member

Ha! Only 1/2 hour , consider yourself enabled, well done Sako.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    sakodude wrote: »
    Couldn't tell you, my cabelas is more than 10 min from home:jester: If I get out that way this weekend I will check. Are you interested if its still there?

Sako

Indeed