No rangefinder...at least not yet.

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,104 Senior Member
FedEx lost the package. They stated they attempted delivery 4 times. However I was unaware of this because the delivery driver NEVER left a door tag. My video system verifies this, too. FedEx is going to be interviewing that driver.

This is a bit of a rant but I absolutely hate FedEx. With all my being. I have never had a positive experience with them--as the shipper or recipient. Late pickups, absurdly early or late delivery attempts with no consistency, etc. I've canceled orders I e made finding out FedEx is the shipper. I hate them that much.

If I knew Brownells was shipping this FedEx I would have called them and gladly paid any sum of money to switch carriers.

Now I have to wait for FedEx to officially declare the package lost and then I can call Brownells and find a resolution. Hopefully they just send me another on and file a claim with FedEx for the $300. If Brownells won't honor the sale price from last week with the replacement they will lose my business, too. But so far Brownells has always been top notch.

FedEx? Nope. Worst carrier out there.
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    A package finder would be more helpful than a range finder right now.:driving:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    A package finder would be more helpful than a range finder right now.:driving:

Agreed. I spent an hour at the receiving facility with a package finder and they couldn't locate it.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,288 Senior Member
    I ordered a set of "saloon doors" that arrived today via UPS. The end of the package looked like it had been run over by a M1A1 Abrams tank. The UPS driver stood there and insisted I open and inspect before he left. As it turned out, the contents were fine - by the grace of {insert your favorite deity here}! But I let the vendor know that their internal padding wasn't really sufficient - it could have ended very differently. But Kudos to UPS for the inspection advice and assistance!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,600 Senior Member
    I order parts for my business two or three times a week and regardless of who the carrier is, my suppliers always email the tracking info so that I know where my stuff is and when it's getting delivered. I prefer UPS but I usually don't have a choice.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I order parts for my business two or three times a week and regardless of who the carrier is, my suppliers always email the tracking info so that I know where my stuff is and when it's getting delivered. I prefer UPS but I usually don't have a choice.

It was emailed.

I was out of town a couple times over the last few days and had no motivation to check it. Also being that I purchased it during the Brownells "prime" days, I expected shipping delays and had no worry about it initially.

I checked today and noticed the missed deliveries. All ironically 15-20 minutes before I got to my shop each day. Figures...
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,427 Senior Member
    You can add me to that list. I had a package that they said they delivered and when I finally found it they had scratched out my address and wrote in the address of where they delivered it. It was a vacant house and laid there for a couple weeks. I feel your pain. Good luck in getting it straightened out.
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,159 Senior Member
    For whatever it's worth- when you have less than satisfactory service from the box hauler did you inform your vendor of the issue. If a pattern is identified a Brownell's or Midway will hold more sway than us mere consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
    41magnut wrote: »
    For whatever it's worth- when you have less than satisfactory service from the box hauler did you inform your vendor of the issue. If a pattern is identified a Brownell's or Midway will hold more sway than us mere consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good point. I'll give Brownells the rundown when I call their support department to figure out if I'm getting the rangefinder replaced.