Songs that make you turn it up.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,284 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »
    Wagner - Flight of the Valkaries

Oh, YEA! :up:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,651 Senior Member
    Limp Bizkits Break Stuff.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Damn you, zorba. Beat me to it.

(Was gonna specify, "Tiger")

"Dancing Queen".

CPJ: DON'T!!! :tooth:

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,245 Senior Member
    What about the song that even tells you to "Turn it up" at the beginning ...

The Southern Boy comes out in me with that Southern Rock!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    If Hotel California were released today, it would likely be a Country album.

Then there's that insipid remake that all the stations insist on playing instead of the original. One of the few Rock songs from my HS years that I actually like, and they screw it up with that watered down remake. :vomit:

On the other hand, the unplugged version of "Layla", I actually like. Its so different from the original, that it might as well be a different song - I like both!

zorba wrote: »
    Then there's that insipid remake that all the stations insist on playing instead of the original. One of the few Rock songs from my HS years that I actually like, and they screw it up with that watered down remake. :vomit:

On the other hand, the unplugged version of "Layla", I actually like. Its so different from the original, that it might as well be a different song - I like both!

Agree with Layla, it was like two separate songs.
    I however very much disagree with Hotel California. The acoustic version was excellent.
    Zee
    cpj wrote: »
    Agree with Layla, it was like two separate songs.
    I however very much disagree with Hotel California. The acoustic version blows chunks.

FIFY! :jester:

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,168 Senior Member
    Wait. You mentioned two types of music.

"What kind of music do you play here?"

"We have both kinds...country and western."
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,254 Senior Member
    Despacito... I LOVE this song!!! Number one streaming video in the world.

"Another Brick in the Wall" as played by Korn

"Man in a Box" and many other Alice In Chains songs...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,221 Senior Member
    Limp Bizkits Break Stuff.

Yes. Very therapeutic when necessary.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • 303tom303tom Member Posts: 43 Member
    I am a Old Rocker from the late 60's !......
    I don't have the time to type all the songs that make me TURN IT UP !.............
    SIGgal wrote: »
    i disagree. Country has changed a lot, and honestly has a huge following. It isn't for everyone, but it has something that still draws people to it.

True. All music genres evolve over time leaving the past behind. And it has to. Every musician has influences, but the good/great ones take it to the next level. Creativity demands it.

It surprises me when people only listen to the music from their youth or only one genre.

Ayn Rand
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,835 Senior Member
    Too many to list.

Some have already been posted, but one that hasn't been is "A Change is Coming" covered by various artists.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    True. All music genres evolve over time leaving the past behind. And it has to. Every musician has influences, but the good/great ones take it to the next level. Creativity demands it.

It surprises me when people only listen to the music from their youth or only one genre.
    I'll agree to a point. I like a lot of different styles of music. Some genres you can mix. Classical played in heavy metal style is most excellent. Hell, some pop done metal style is excellent. Look up frog leap studios on you tube. The guy is an AMAZING musician. Takes all types of songs and makes them metal. Who thought the theme song from a Disney movie (Let it go) could be cool?
    Country and blues mix. Rock and blues mix. Country and rock mix. Rap and metal mix. Country and rap mix, they form what's known as crap. Pop and country mix to form excrement that is canned music to the masses.
    Of course there's the flip side, so called "red dirt country". It's almost as bad.
    And yes, I do listen to country. But almost nothing after say 2000. Hell I'll listen to Hank Williams. And I actually prefer him to his son. But today's garbage....meh. There's only so many ways you can sing about dirt roads, tail gates, beer, and bare feet.
    Zee
    I'll agree to a point. I like a lot of different styles of music. Some genres you can mix. Classical played in heavy metal style is most excellent. Hell, some pop done metal style is excellent. Look up frog leap studios on you tube. The guy is an AMAZING musician. Takes all types of songs and makes them metal. Who thought the theme song from a Disney movie (Let it go) could be cool?
    Country and blues mix. Rock and blues mix. Country and rock mix. Rap and metal mix. Country and rap mix, they form what's known as crap. Pop and country mix to form excrement that is canned music to the masses.
    Of course there's the flip side, so called "red dirt country". It's almost as bad.
    And yes, I do listen to country. But almost nothing after say 2000. Hell I'll listen to Hank Williams. And I actually prefer him to his son. But today's garbage....meh. There's only so many ways you can sing about dirt roads, tail gates, beer, and bare feet.

Speaking is Disney covers - Heigh Ho sung by Tom Waits is awesome.

I don't intentionally listen to any country, but it is played everywhere up here. Feed stores, LGS, restaurants, etc. I don't know any the artists except the occasional Dwight Yokum song.

ETA- I'll check out frog leap. 👍🏼

Ayn Rand
    I think you'll like frog leap. He even does his own versions of metal songs. He plays all the instruments, and does his own recording. His wife plays bass on some of his videos. And she's hot in a dark goth chick kind of way.
    Zee
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Despacito... I LOVE this song!!! Number one streaming video in the world.

"Another Brick in the Wall" as played by Korn

"Man in a Box" and many other Alice In Chains songs...

I don't care for either version, maybe cause I no habla. But here's a metal cover of Despacito.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQyFtHMfbs
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,690 Senior Member
    Motorhead- Ace of Spades
    Warrant- Uncle Toms Cabin
    Metallica- Whiskey in the Jar
    Ted Nugent-Great White Buffalo
    Ozzy- Flying High Again
    Police- Roxanne
    VanHalen- Unchained
    Cracker- Teen Angst
    Faith No More- We Care A Lot
    Beck- Loser
    Prince- Kiss
    Ramones-Anything off the greatest hits
    Volbeat- Sad Mans Tongue, I Only Want To Be With You
    Social Distortion- Ring of Fire, Bad Luck
    Stevie Wonder-Superstition
    Jimmy Hendrix/Stevie Ray Vaughn- Voodoo Child
    u
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    A few more...

Most anything fro Joan Jett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F862YBzm93Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lX061_Fkv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSqp-W1pWoU

Merle Haggard, Misery and Gin...during fishing tournaments, I swear, if we tossed that on we got good marlin hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyMy9iGJb2I

Golden Earing... Radar Love.

Kid Rock ... All summer long...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA

Lynard Skynard, Stones, Jethro Tull...there are too many that the volume dial spins for...

Dang you...now Im stuck on youtube...
    Support your local Scouts!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    Anything from the Eagles, Glenn Frey as a solo artist or Don Henley as a solo artist.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Roxette - It must have been love. Original version. Feel the power!

Grunge era:

The Foo Fighters - Hero
    Soundgarden - Spoonman, Black Hole Sun
    Alice In Chains - Rooster
    Temple of the Dog- Hunger Strike
    Pearl Jam - Black
    Stone Temple Pilots- Plush
    Radiohead- Creep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ayn Rand
    I found this funny...
    IMG_0454.JPG

Ayn Rand
    Country even gets mixed with a little Rap which sounds so cool

No, it doesn't. It sounds like two cows ing in down town Detroit.
    Zee
    Country even gets mixed with a little Rap which sounds so cool

I can honestly say I've never heard a country rap song. Until this thread, I didn't know the genre existed. Although I'm not surprised.

Ayn Rand
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I can honestly say I've never heard a country rap song. Until this thread, I didn't know the genre existed. Although I'm not surprised.

Oh, feast your ears upon some...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWKTJE30Go
    Zee
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,555 Senior Member
    Oh, feast your ears upon some...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWKTJE30Go

Never thought Country music could be any worse than it already is. I was wrong.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Never thought Country music could be any worse than it already is. I was wrong.

Agree.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,951 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Yep, when I'm travelling and have the radio scanning and it stops on what sounds like a the end of a classic rock song... then when they finally play a station ID it's "Today's Country W----" :cuss:

For songs that MUST be turned up:
    Boz Skags- Lido Shuffle :applause:

Ah man...I love that song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx