Songs that make you turn it up.

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,078 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    [/Quietly deletes Six from his contacts and denies ever knowing him]

I knew that would stir the pot.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Anything by Canned Heat.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,643 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    There's but a few Rolling Stones songs I can handle. Never was a fan. Yeah, they were mainly before my time, but I like a lot of music that was before my time. Steve Miller is just....strange. Some stuffs ok, some was obviously penned in a drug induced stupor.

If you like the blues, listen to the latest Rolling Stones album "Blue and Lonesome". It does NOT sound like the Stones.
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 369 Member
    Just like my life, I did it my way.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    I don't go by genre I go by weather I like the song or not.....I do however prefer older country.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Antonio wrote: »
    Nice selections....agree with many of them.

In my mind comes "Good times bad times" (Led Zeppelin), "Highway to hell" (AC/DC) and "Daughter" (Pearl Jam).

Like Zepp, hard to pick one Pearl Jam or Metallica tune.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    Axe wrote: »
    Just like my life, I did it my way.

In my library, Sinatra IS his own genre!
    Groucho Marx
    Oh yeah...I dig the crooners. A little Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett, Mel Torme and a whole lotta Sinatra.
    Groucho Marx
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,979 Senior Member
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

This you have to see live. The four drummers plus the blue man drums plus the big kettle drum they smack with the big mallet really thumps you..........
    Dug this up from the dead. Since one of Sirius jocks said he was going on anti-gun marched this summer I dropped em.... Got on Spotify, building up my list. I forget a lot of stuff because..... I'm getting old
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,264 Senior Member
    Zeppelin's the immigrant song, gotta play it really loud
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    I would crank up ....The Partridge Family ..... If the woman in the truck with me wouldn't shut up !
    Got myself a pre-birthday present. A pretty pricey pair of Bose Bluetooth headphones. Been playing with them and Spotify all night......... on a run of Jackyl. Except the chainsaw song. Didn't even save that one. Never liked it much.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,512 Senior Member
    It's a rainy grey sky thismorning. The kind of air to support an Iron Butterfly.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,239 Senior Member
    I'll admit that music had an influence on me when I was younger, but the tunes that made my spirit soar back then just make me feel old, now, because they don't, any more. I no longer seek escape from the things I don't want to deal with, in music. Nowadays, I still enjoy Hank Williams tunes for their very simple poetry, a little bit of powerful classical music, some old blue grass, and many of the old favorites of classic Rock 'n Roll. But they don't inspire me - I just like a simple, well crafted tune that doesn't require me to jump up and start wiggling my considerable ass, or play air guitar...basically, just souped up elevator music. :)
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,286 Senior Member
    I am listening to John Hiatts "perfectly good guitar" album in its entirety this am
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,213 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    I'll admit that music had an influence on me when I was younger, but the tunes that made my spirit soar back then just make me feel old, now, because they don't, any more. I no longer seek escape from the things I don't want to deal with, in music. Nowadays, I still enjoy Hank Williams tunes for their very simple poetry, a little bit of powerful classical music, some old blue grass, and many of the old favorites of classic Rock 'n Roll. But they don't inspire me - I just like a simple, well crafted tune that doesn't require me to jump up and start wiggling my considerable ass, or play air guitar...basically, just souped up elevator music. :)
    If you, as a grownass old man, would refrain from uttering the phrase “start wiggling my considerable ass”, we would appreciate it. 
    We already have one guy that does that. 
    😬
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,037 Senior Member
    And I was going to leave that line alone...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,630 Senior Member
    Oh yeah...I dig the crooners. A little Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett, Mel Torme and a whole lotta Sinatra.
    This is not Mel Torme.

Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride... That's why I don't have a career in politics.
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 764 Senior Member
    You missed most by the original Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Lola
    Ziggy Stardust
    Fame
    Anything by the Stones 1979 or before including Gimme Shelter
    Grandfunk Railroad, We're an American Band
    I'll have to stop, there's not enough in in my laptop to carry on and do justice.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,657 Senior Member

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,512 Senior Member
    Late one night well pulling my shift driving, I heard Alice Cooper play a version of Daised and Confused from his personal record collection. He had his own radio show for awhile. It was performed/recorded by The Yard Birds and it was not the version sometimes heard on the radio. I've never heard it anywhere any time before or since. Internet research had turned up nothing. The YouTube or other online recordings of the Yard Birds version of that song don't even come close to the Version Alice played that night. It was awesome!

Some oldies

Groucho Marx
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,249 Senior Member
    edited June 20 #121
    I've recently discovered The Revivalist
    These get cranked up fairly often on my 1 hour drive too or from school.
    I LOVE the bass line on this version of the song

A good cover of a BeeGees classic IMO

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.