Your Short List?

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,420 Senior Member
We haven't done a short list in awhile. Post it up! Here's mine:

A boat load of 9mm, .223, and 6.5 CM.

A Benelli M2 Field 12 Gauge, 24".

An optic for my High Power rifle. Probably a Leupold FX-II 4x with M1 turrets and Turkey Plex reticle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,616 Senior Member
    Handgun in some .50cal cartridge of sorts.

16.5" barreled Remington 700 SPS "Tactical" in .223 Remington
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    My main reason for the Remington is because I've amassed enough parts (stock, trigger, scope, base, rings, brake, etc) to put a few together.

.223 is the only chambering I can think of right now that might be useful.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    I'm sorta with cpj on this one...however...
    I need to do another AR pistol for my wife....
    After visiting the gun shop in Traverse City and playing with a Ruger PRS in .223....I cannot build a .223 bolt gun one for the price they are asking for a PRS...but I'm losing the satisfaction of building something of my own...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,481 Senior Member
    22 revolver,6" barrel, S&W, Ruger or Charter Arms, hi viz sights
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,597 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Zee is at the top of my short list.

Far as guns, I honestly don't know. I'm in a total state of meh right now. Nothing factory is blowing my dress up. Even out of ideas for builds. I've got one secret squirrel project planned, but other than that I've got nothing.

Dress, huh? I think its time CPJ built himself a .22LR Gatling gun.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Ammo. Getting into IDPA and sporting clays, Mars Needs Ammo!!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Dress, huh? I think its time CPJ built himself a .22LR Gatling gun.

I have a partially completed one. Bought a kit of parts and got it started. I need to farm out a couple of parts that I don't have the tools (or patience) to make.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    Ruger 1911 10mm
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,584 Senior Member
    I'd gotten to the point where I've been down sizing my gun safe the past few years. If I hadn't shot a particular gun in years or even a decade I sold it. Then a strange thing happened, it started filling up again. I am to the point where I'm not adding a gun unless it's going to be shot or hunted with and it has to have desire or draw factor. Lately it's been more of a nostalgic run like adding my buddies 1949 Browning Sweet 16 A5, with the exception of the .300 Blackout MK12 Mod 0.

What's left on my short list is an HK VP9. Although I may rebarrel my custom Tikka .243 win with a 6.5 Creedmore!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    I have a hard time paying ~$250 MORE for a marginally better stock and a threaded barrel over the cost of the cheapo Wally World 700. I've just not seen the cheapos in .223.

Me neither.

All I want from that is the barreled action.
    Zee wrote: »
    Me neither.

All I want from that is the barreled action.

But, it would cost me the same to build. So..........
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,051 Senior Member
    I've kinda been looking for something in .35 Remington, in a non-lever gun. Or, whatever I see at the time that I can't live without!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,551 Senior Member
    Don't have one. I already have more guns than I shoot. I suppose a Winchester Model 71 would be nice, but I doubt I'll ever pony up the cash for one.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    I've kinda been looking for something in .35 Remington, in a non-lever gun. Or, whatever I see at the time that I can't live without!

I really enjoy shooting my Remington 141 in 35 Rem. my Marlins so chambered have not seen the light of day since I brought it home.

Sako
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    First up is a fine little Colt that a friend just can't find any love for:tooth:
    Next if I can pull a miracle out of my backside will be a single shot 38-55
    And lastly a Uberti Schofield in 44-40

Sako
    tennmike wrote: »
    I have a partially completed one. Bought a kit of parts and got it started. I need to farm out a couple of parts that I don't have the tools (or patience) to make.

One of the 10/22 twin BBL versions, I assume?

Without subtracting from the cool factor of that version, CPJ has the skillz to build a real, multi-BBL rotating Gatling Gun!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,751 Senior Member
    At some point I will own a 38-55 win, a 450 Marlin(own dies and brass) other than that it targets of opportunity. Currently I spotted a Stainless Ruger Blackhawk 45 colt bisley wearing a 5 1/2 barrel that caught my eye. It's used, but in good shape. I'm going back this week to give it a thourough going over. (It's in the back room, or waiting room if you will.)
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    No list things my little brain say I want magically appear.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,837 Senior Member
    I am somewhat bored with current offerings. Maybe a 10mm 1911 variant or a neat SP of some sort.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Zee is at the top of my short list.

Far as guns, I honestly don't know. I'm in a total state of meh right now. Nothing factory is blowing my dress up. Even out of ideas for builds. I've got one secret squirrel project planned, but other than that I've got nothing.

:rotflmao:
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    Right now it's get the tax stamp back for my form1 223 suppressor build and get it finished.

Acquire what I need for a 30 cal can and get that form 1 sent in

buy a 300BO upper for the above can

Form 1 one of my AR lowers into a SBR

That's my plan, for now.

SQUIRREL
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

zorba wrote: »
    One of the 10/22 twin BBL versions, I assume?

Without subtracting from the cool factor of that version, CPJ has the skillz to build a real, multi-BBL rotating Gatling Gun!

Not only NO, but HELL NO! It's an 8 barreled Gatling gun in .22 LR! Bought the plans and kit from this place.

http://www.gatlingguns.net/
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Not only NO, but HELL NO! It's an 8 barreled Gatling gun in .22 LR! Bought the plans and kit from this place.

http://www.gatlingguns.net/

I've seen that site before - that is SERIOUSLY cool.

It'll be done for next year's shoot, yes?

:jester:

Depends on my ability to find someone with a CNC milling machine that will make the two parts I can't make without the CNC mill. I'm not having any luck with that part of it. I've been working on it off and on for a couple of decades! :roll2:

Depends on my ability to find someone with a CNC milling machine that will make the two parts I can't make without the CNC mill. I'm not having any luck with that part of it. I've been working on it off and on for a couple of decades! :roll2:

No time like the present! That'd be SERIOUSLY fun to shoot!

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member

Send me a picture of what you need and I may be able to help with this. Can't have anything to do with a receiver though.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    SIGgal wrote: »
    I also would like to get a safe to store my firearms in when we move.

http://www.sturdysafe.com

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Ruger Redhawk 45 Colt 5.5"

Scopes galore.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    For the rest of this year, it's all about ammo for me. I want to get all calibers & loads up to a minimum quantity level, then rotate through in sync with my range sessions, replacing what I use to maintain the minimum.

Next year I may take the AR plunge.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.