Your Short List?

2»

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,229 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Send me a picture of what you need and I may be able to help with this. Can't have anything to do with a receiver though.

The sunny beach part is the one that fits on the main shaft and does the double duty of cocking the firing pins, plus loads and unloads the chambers. Weird serpentine part. I'll have to dig out the machine drawings to send a pic. My problem with getting it made is that the local Vo-Tech school will make parts like that as exercises for the student, but the instructor knows me way too well. He won't touch anything like that if he sees the print for a gun part. Something to do with liability, I guess. I tried copying the part off the print on my drafting board and taking that to him, but he refused to even consider it until I told him what it was for. His exact words were, "Mike, get that print and yourself the eff out of here!" I tried. :tooth:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,162 Senior Member
    A Hornady Ammo Factory.

I've looked at other progressive presses, but having all the required shell plates for my current Projector, the expense of replacing those with another brand gives the Hornady the financial edge.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,958 Senior Member
    Short List? Do you have any clue who you're talking to here? I'm an Alcoholic. One way Alcoholism manifests itself in some people is that they have big time trouble prioritizing things. I want one of everything, two of most things, and I want to experience everything pleasureable on this planet preferably at least twice!!!

But I will try to make a list here of prioritized items to do, if I were indeed a normal person.

One, I want to finish the 7x57 that MHS so amicably enabled me into.

Next, I would like to build a 6mm Remington on my last Yugo action I will sporterize. I'll have my gun smith do his usual sporterizing, adding a Timney trigger, a Beuler Safety, a new, stronger firing pin spring, drill it and tap it for scope, and screw in and ream the chamber for proper head space for the 6mm Remington cartridge in a Shilen match grade Chrome Moly barrel.

That's about all I'll be able to afford or have time for this year. But I will begin collecting parts and getting ready for the Long Range .270 Win. project when I can afford it. This is about as short a list as I will ever be capable of making. I can sit here and fill pages with my imagination. It's a good thing God made me monetarily challenged.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Elk creek wrote: »
    At some point I will own a 38-55 win, a 450 Marlin(own dies and brass) other than that it targets of opportunity. Currently I spotted a Stainless Ruger Blackhawk 45 colt bisley wearing a 5 1/2 barrel that caught my eye. It's used, but in good shape. I'm going back this week to give it a thourough going over. (It's in the back room, or waiting room if you will.)

Both of these interest me. I hear lots of complaining about the 450 because of Recoil. But that thing is a hoss! It will kill anything that walks. I would love one. And the .38-55 has been on my mind for about 8 years since I saw one at our gun range one day. I fell in love with that thing. They aren't quite on my list of grail guns, but I believe that both would be very useful for hunting. Maybe some day when I get through with all my projects if I still have the means I'll work on obtaining these.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,368 Senior Member
    Ammo and some parts/accessories.

Need to get some bulk .22LR, 9mm FMJ, .380ACP, .223 & .30 Carbine.

Need a new rifle rest bag, a P-08 Luger main spring & wood grips, a "slingshot" bolt release for the Ruger MkIII, another magazine for the Winchester 52 and other small bits & ends. Hope to have at least most of all this before year's end.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Short List:

KelTec Sub 2000 Gen 2, 9Sillymeter, no magazine preference.

Big bore AR15 upper - .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, or .50 Beowulf

DPMS AR10 - Oracle or Gen II.

Long List:

Para Ord LDA

Always another Luger

C96 Broomhandle Mauser

Lever gun in .45-70 - Marlin or Henry

Lever gun in .357Mag/.38Special - Marlin or Henry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,229 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    So you're saying I need a CNC machine? :tooth:

If ya gonna make a Gatling gun you either need CNC machine, or be really good friends with someone that has one! There's a couple of parts that really need that to make those parts, as the machines that actually made those parts are no longer available. And it's way more complicated than a single point cutter rifling machine.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 375 Member
    My short list involves a barrett M82A1 is my short list. Trick will be convincing the little lady that we have $10,000 we don't need for anything else.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,101 Senior Member
    I don't know if its on the "short" list or not, but I'd *LOVE* :love: to have a Borchardt C93!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,944 Senior Member
    Axe wrote: »
    My short list involves a barrett M82A1 is my short list. Trick will be convincing the little lady that we have $10,000 we don't need for anything else.

Money is better spent elsewhere. As for accuracy.......they suck!!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 375 Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Money is better spent elsewhere. As for accuracy.......they suck!!!

I think it is more the novelty of having one Zee. The Range we go to only goes up to 300 yards, and even if they suck it would still be pretty cool to have one. I shoot my ruger 10-22 at that range, sure I could milk that Barrett a bit. Sadly though, I do agree with you. I cant justify that kinda money with three kids left at home.
    Axe wrote: »
    I think it is more the novelty of having one Zee. The Range we go to only goes up to 300 yards, and even if they suck it would still be pretty cool to have one. I shoot my ruger 10-22 at that range, sure I could milk that Barrett a bit. Sadly though, I do agree with you. I cant justify that kinda money with three kids left at home.

I have a plan for you Bro Axe, get Tomi to marry that cop and her dowry would be two of your kids, LOL!!!
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 312 Member
    I still want a DSA SA 58. Extensive home renovation right now consumes all time and funds, so it'll have to wait. Still dreamin' though! Besides, I have plenty of other fun guns to shoot.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The sunny beach part is the one that fits on the main shaft and does the double duty of cocking the firing pins, plus loads and unloads the chambers. Weird serpentine part. I'll have to dig out the machine drawings to send a pic. My problem with getting it made is that the local Vo-Tech school will make parts like that as exercises for the student, but the instructor knows me way too well. He won't touch anything like that if he sees the print for a gun part. Something to do with liability, I guess. I tried copying the part off the print on my drafting board and taking that to him, but he refused to even consider it until I told him what it was for. His exact words were, "Mike, get that print and yourself the eff out of here!" I tried. :tooth:

Post a picture of the part you need.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,615 Senior Member
    Light and holster for PM9
    Pistol upper with suppressor for HD (if hearing act passes)
    IF I happen to see an older semi .22 pistol........... not searching hard though
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,123 Senior Member
    I think this is kind of a mix of short and long list stuff.

Ammo (mostly .223 and .38 Special HD stuff) before California closes the internet borders
    22LR revolver...not sure which one
    45 Colt revolver...not sure which one
    My wife wants a 357 lever gun...not sure which one
    TFX Pro sights for my 1911 and M&P
    Need to front a front sight for my 686 Plus..having trouble finding that
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,591 Senior Member
    Well, because of finding grail guns, the antelope rifle got shelved, so it needs to be re rolled back into the light.
    With Daughters 1 and 2 shooting the Vin Sniper I may have to build another 03a4 or if I can find a high number that was sporterized, a M1941.
    I got a new Bsquare scope base for the Savage 840 so it needs a little work. I would like to restock it to just because it is a butt ugly yellow wood with a huge drop in the comb.
    The Son acquired a RRA complete flattop upper for the NM A2, so I have tools on order. He can use my old mount, OR, dad can get a different scope and mount and just transfer that one to him..... hmmmm....
    I want to hit some more comps this year. I am already in for the Marine Corps League match in Sept, there is a High power match that Sun also, so I may take a kitchen pass and disappear for the weekend. Then there is a Springfield/Garand/Vintage that I might go to. I have Lee navy dies, brass and bullets. Might not win, but I will be the coolest kid there.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,087 Senior Member
    Got my Colt Cobra today. #done