My OCD is satisified... large rifle primer tests

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,807 Senior Member
How many times have reloaders wanted to know what large rifle primer should be used and how will it affect the load? This was posted on my Facebook timeline and it has satisfied my OCD in a way that I have not experienced before. :applause:

Read it and enjoy!

http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=1471

Bottom line, I don't think there is enough statistical size difference to matter much. Certainly there is a minor difference in velocity. Overall a great evaluation in my opinion.

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    Good post. Now, does anyone have a bench mounted priming tool that they recommend. Getting tired of the hand held ones that I have (RCBS and Hornady). recommendations greatly appreciated. I only have a Rock Chucker Supreme single stage press.

Patrick
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,073 Senior Member
    I've been using the Lee bench mounted press. Works great for me!

th?id=OP.eJrfidKRa4FOAQ300C300&w=200&h=200&pid=Ads
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Ha, the charts did it fer ya didn't they? :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Here's what I've been using for 20-something years, even set up a small O frame press especially for priming. Once it's adjusted, every primer gets exactly the same seating pressure.

http://rcbs.com/Products/Priming/Tools/Ram-Priming-Unit.aspx

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite