Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Trump to replace Sessions?

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,561 Senior Member
    I hope Pres. Trump doesn't replace Jeff Sessions.

Heavens knows that the job of POTUS is enough for one man, I don't know if he could handle also being AG....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I hope Pres. Trump doesn't replace Jeff Sessions.

Heavens knows that the job of POTUS is enough for one man, I don't know if he could handle also being AG....

Punny....
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Seeing as how I hear that the front runner in the replacement department is Rudy Giuliani of NY, I hope Sessions stays where he is. Rudy is a bit too far left with the rabid anti-gun thing.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,071 Senior Member
    I think it would be a mistake if he wants to get any other of his nominations approved in Congress. The WH is a mess right now; why crap on the system when the sewer is clogged up?
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Seeing as how I hear that the front runner in the replacement department is Rudy Giuliani of NY, I hope Sessions stays where he is. Rudy is a bit too far left with the rabid anti-gun thing.

Good point on Giuliani. I also agree with Cali's concern as well. Although I'm not a fan of Sessions, my overall take on this is that Trump needs to quit getting his knickers in a twist and trying to replace every appointee who dares question him. Not only does it portray incompetence, it also portrays weakness instead of strength IMO. It's far too early in his presidency for Trump to be whining about every negative aspect. Just do the freaking job we elected you to do and come to realize there will always be some opposition within the allied ranks.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,864 Senior Member

:agree:
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Rumors and rumors of rumors, the media has to fill 24 hours a day with "news". They live for Trumps tweets.
    Good point on Giuliani. I also agree with Cali's concern as well. Although I'm not a fan of Sessions, my overall take on this is that Trump needs to quit getting his knickers in a twist and trying to replace every appointee who dares question him. Not only does it portray incompetence, it also portrays weakness instead of strength IMO. It's far too early in his presidency for Trump to be whining about every negative aspect. Just do the freaking job we elected you to do and come to realize there will always be some opposition within the allied ranks.

That's a glaring difference between a politician and a businessman. With a businessman, if you don't perform to expectations, then you get fired. With a politician, you do a lot of closed door meetings yelling and telling them to do it your way. Businessmen like Trump don't have that patience thing, but they got that firing thing down to a science.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    That's a glaring difference between a politician and a businessman. With a businessman, if you don't perform to expectations, then you get fired. With a politician, you do a lot of closed door meetings yelling and telling them to do it your way. Businessmen like Trump don't have that patience thing, but they got that firing thing down to a science.

You are exactly right here. But some close to him such as his kids need to settle Donald down. He's going to crap his whole presidency up if he doesn't get out of that mode. He really is being a pain in the ass lately. I don't blame him for being pissed off Because Sessions allowed the assignment of a special investigator, Mueller, and it has gone to Mueller's head and he's going way outside the guidelines of investigating Russian Collusion. If Trump is in the mood to fire somebody that's who he needs to fire. Then he needs to get over the rift with Sessions and get on with business.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I don't think Trump will fire Sessions, he is just giving the liberals something to talk about besides Russia. The liberals will talk about it for days, "will he fire him, if he does blah blah blah, if he doesn't fire him yada yada yada."
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    Sessions is one of those "smart people" that everyone said he was going to surround himself with. To be fair, he has made his share of good choices, but it must be hard to find good help when the boss likes to publicly humiliate his employees.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,071 Senior Member
    I don't think he will either, after the push against the illegal immigrant gangs today that Sessions will ultimately over-see, with DHS. If Trump does, he's a fool, which he very well might be. Cabinet picks can be fired by the President, but have to be approved by Congress. Sessions is very popular in the Senate and firing him will incur a payback from the Senate.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene L wrote: »
    I don't think he will either, after the push against the illegal immigrant gangs today that Sessions will ultimately over-see, with DHS. If Trump does, he's a fool, which he very well might be. Cabinet picks can be fired by the President, but have to be approved by Congress. Sessions is very popular in the Senate and firing him will incur a payback from the Senate.

The Senate already is stabbing him in the back. Via the vote on the health care bill. John McCain, and a few other RINO senators, Lamar Alexander of TN being one of them, sided with the Democrats. And then McCain spent some time with a bunch of the Dem Senators yucking it up on the Senate floor after the vote failed. Brain cancer aside, he's a turncoat along with his RINO friends in the House and Senate. Must still be butthurt that his sweetheart Hillary lost.
    ― Douglas Adams
    McCain said he wasn't against the bill, he was concerned about the "procedure", he felt the democrats should be more involved in the writing of the bill.

Yes, it is time for him to retire
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Gene L wrote: »

On that I agree.
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement