A word on the Federal Ammo Rebate

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Well I filled out the online form and got to reading what they want to claim the rebate. I emailed them and got a fast reply back.

I asked if they wanted me to actually cut the UPC code of each of the 25 boxes I purchased from PSA. They said the UPC from the box they came in would be OK or I need to send one from each box.

Well, I threw the box away which was a Federal Box that PSA shipped it in. I put the ammo in an ammo can in the individual boxes. You don't really get a receipt from them per se, just a label like form in the box with the amount and what ammo they shipped you I got the order email verification and tracking email.

So I guess I outsmarted myself.................not sure I wanna take a razor blade or scissors to 25 boxes or dump 500 rounds out total just fer a $25 rebate.

I wonder if the UPC on the label thing inside was the same as on the outside of the Federal box?
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    For $25 you got something better to do?

Can't you just slide the inner tray out and use a knife or razor blade or such and cut the upc code and put the tray back in the box since
    your keeping the ammo in an ammo can?
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    For $25 you got something better to do?

Can't you just slide the inner tray out and use a knife or razor blade or such and cut the upc code and put the tray back in the box since
    your keeping the ammo in an ammo can?

Yep, but there is no tray in these 20 rd ammo boxes of XM193F. It will be a PITA.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Yep, but there is no tray in these 20 rd ammo boxes of XM193F. It will be a PITA.

Your right then
    that's why I saved some empty ammo boxes for what ever reason I need a new box.

Also, works for holding ammo when it comes in a plastic bag such as from Georgia Arms.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Oh, that stuff XM193F
    yeah problem
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Dump all the ammo in the ammo can as God meant it to be, now go get your scissors and cut the 25 UPC codes off the boxes. Please don't run with your scissors. You'll put your eye out... :tooth:

I don't want loose ammo. So after postage and gas to a PO to get a bigger envelope, I may get back 20 bucks..........not worth the effort really. I prefer it boxed up. I should have ordered the 420 rds on stripper clips in a can with a UPC on the can I would have saved, I reckon.

Point is if anyone else orders from places that don't put a receipt in the box, save the box if it is what Federal packed them in.
    For $25 I'd find a way.
    But, I would want the ammo in some form of box/container in the size amount that I might want when I used such ammo.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    Dump all the ammo in the ammo can as God meant it to be, now go get your scissors and cut the 25 UPC codes off the boxes. Please don't run with your scissors. You'll put your eye out... :tooth:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Don't like loose ammo? Shake the can enough times and it'll sort itself out! :roll2:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    I don't particularly like loose bulk packs----I like to have some idea how much is left.

I'll buy them then transfer the ammo to other boxes for use.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,940 Senior Member
    Get that $25 in your hand and then get back on that PSA website.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,669 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Get that $25 in your hand and then get back on that PSA website.

:agree:

Or, use the rebate to buy ammo boxes
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Ya know, I should have read the rebate form better and even as threw the box out I wuz thunking to myself ..............I wonder if I should keep this Federal Box..............naw I got ammo cans.
    Oh trust me PSA keeps tempting me, almost daily......................
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Or, use the rebate to buy ammo boxes

:win:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,669 Senior Member
    In my house all ammo that is bought/shot I n quantities like 9mm, .40S&W, 45acp and 5.56/.223 get unceremoniously dumped into .30 or .50 cal ammo cans that then make the trips to the range. When I empty one can I go to the backup can and I know it's time to re-fill can #1

OMG you mix brands and weights? How will you ever decide which gr bullet is most accurate?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    OMG you mix brands and weights? How will you ever decide which gr bullet is most accurate?

Hard to tell when a 5.56 is a 55 or 62 grainer, plus the lot numbers are on the individual boxes too. Well unless they are "Green tipped" or maybe some Hornady V/A Maxes or HP may be 52 or 53 grainers.

Trust me, weighing them on digital scale won't cut it either. Lot to be said about original packages.

We label or reloads, right?