Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Workplace violence

buzzardbuzzard New MemberPosts: 18 New Member
Did anyone else notice that the attack on the Fort Hood base by a Muslim Terrorist shouting 'Allah Akbar', which resulted in multiple deaths and injuries,
has been ruled 'workplace violence' and not a Terrorist Attack?
What next? Will the attack on the Twin Towers also be revised to the same category? After all, the towers were business buildings with a whole lot of workers.
Sure, Ft. Hood is a military base and I guess one could call that 'a workplace.
Are we getting so PC that we can't call Terrorist attacks by Muslim Terrorists what they are?

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    We're dealing with an administration packed with PC morons.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    It was pronounced this by the Department of Defense, no? Any chance that it's more due to DoD concerns over those of the Obama administration itself? Just thinking out loud here. How good would it be for the military to admit that it had a terrorist in its midst, one who committed murder on a massive scale?
    I'm just here for snark.
  • buzzardbuzzard New Member Posts: 18 New Member
    Breamfisher, Right on! I was also thinking that they might not want us to draw any comparisons between that Muslim Major at Fort Hood and the Muslim President in the W.H.. After all, the Major was carrying a handgun but the guy in the White House has a significant Military force at his disposal! buzzard
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    It was pronounced this by the Department of Defense, no?
    DoD is ultimately run by Obama, isn't it? I have no idea who decided this, but it is grossly dishonest and misleading. We ended up with this disaster as a result of political correctness in the military, so either way they're still a pack of morons.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It was an act of TERRORISM. They finally admitted it (Obammy), but don't you remember how they were s...l.....o.....w to use that word?

The did discipline some of his commanding officers for not reporting his weird ways/remarks. Actually they noticed he was a fruitcake before ho got to Fort Hood, back in DC or wherever. But they were afraid to do/say anything because they feared repercussions for singling him out or being accused of picking on a Muslim. PC crap, as usual. The Army is it's own worst enemy, at times.

He is also the reason I have to register my guns on post before I can use the range on Fort Hood. When I got back out here , they stopped that requirement, but they had to come up with policies that would "Prevent" something like that from happening again. So a few pages of the steps to enhance security report were taken up re-establishing the registration requirement.

Everyone with a lick of common sense knows it wouldn't have stopped him, just more knee jerk, we gotta do SOMETHING reaction. That jerk is bought on Fort Hood for his trial proceedings every so often. Plenty of volunteers here would like a few er...........words with that animal.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    DoD is ultimately run by Obama, isn't it? I have no idea who decided this, but it is grossly dishonest and misleading. We ended up with this disaster as a result of political correctness in the military, so either way they're still a pack of morons.
    Ultimately yes. But... I wonder if the decision was not from Obama, but from the DoD not wanting to admit a mistake?
    I'm just here for snark.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Ultimately yes. But... I wonder if the decision was not from Obama, but from the DoD not wanting to admit a mistake?
    Did we not just get a new Sec Def, an Obamma man?
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    We're dealing with an administration packed with PC morons.

Political Correctness,,, I find it to be a bunch of BS. PC is an attempt to destroy America, and it 1st Amendment right, and to rid the world of Western society. PC is not new. Did some research on it and apparently it got its roots back in Frankfurt, Germany in 1923,started by the Institute for Social Research,AKA: "Frankfurt School."

.. It was a group of thinkers who pulled together to find a solution to the biggest problem facing the implementers of Communism in Russia. Communism wasn't spreading fast enough for these bozo's because Western Civilization was in its way. According to the Institute for Social Reasearch Western Civilization(which means the USA) was in their way.
    What was the problem with Western Civilization as far as the "Frankfurt School" was concerned? THIS: Its belief in the individual, that and individual could develop valid ideas,being an independent thinker if you will. The root of communism is the theory that all valid ideas come from the effect of the social group. of the masses. The INDIVIDUAL IS NOTHING.

Armed and convienced with this theory they believed that the only way for communism to advance was to help(or force if necessary)Western Civilzation to destroy itself. How are they going to do that? Simple: Undermine its foundations by CHIPPING AWAY AT THE RIGHTS OF THOSE ANNOYING INDIVIDUALS This will be accomplished by changing our speech patterns by spreading the idea that vocalizing your beliefs is DISRESPECTFUL TO OTHERS and must be avoided to make up for past INEQUITIES AND INJUSTICES And they decided to call it something that sounds positive: "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.
    Inspired by the brand new communist technique, Mao, in the 1930's wrote an article on the 'correct' handling of CONTRADICTIONS among the people. He called it "SENSITIVE TRAINING" --- sound familiar?--- and thus speech codes were born.

In 1935, after Hitler came to power, the Frankfurt School moved to New York City, where they continued their work by translating Marxism from economic to cultural terms using Sigmunds freud's psychological conditioning mechanisms to get Americans to buy into POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. In 1941, they moved to California to continue to spread their poison.
    .. And to this day Political Correctness remains just what it was intended to be:
    A sophisticated and dangerous form of censorship and oppression, imposed upon the citizenry with the ULTIMATE GOAL of manipulating, brainwashing and destroying our society. The self-censorship resulting from Political Correctness has easily trampled and all but eliminated our 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech. Look at Cuba for an example, case in point: Political Correctness has succeeded in Cuba by creating a uniform political discourse that has lasted for 43 years. Political Correctness has given the state ( Castro) complete control of speech.The same is true in the former Soviet Union and the former satelite countries, and the same for the remaining communist world.

With all that being said, I can see and have seen over the decades how PC is changing America from within,and the citizens of this nation are increasingly censoring themselves and losing their freedom of speech out of fear of Political Correctness repression. It is the nature of Western Civilization to be civilized and respectful of others and concerned with correcting injustices.. WE DON'T NEED POLITICAL CORRECTNESS to make us think we are not civilized on our own and must have our thoughts and words restricted. The rulers of Political Correctness have created absurd levels of Rhetoric and chaos in this country, and have created shameful situations in our schools and universities in America,that have fallen prey to Political Correctness. Some professors, students and publications are being and have been attacked for expressing a point of view that differs from that imposed by a FANATICAL FAR LEFT, under the guise of Political Correctness. In schools and work places, we see that "DIVERSITY" has degenerated into reverse discrimination, where often the less qualified are admitted and the incompetent cannot be fired. Folks like the Rev. Jesse Jackson have only added more fuel to the fire of political correctness.

There is a double standard emerging here folks:

Our Constitution requires the separation of church and state, which has always discouraged our public education system from teaching religion. Here is a case in point: In December of 2001 Christmas cards symbols and decorations were being objected to for the first time in American public schools in Georgia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Oregon, but at the same time an elementary school in Texas, (of all states), a girl was allowed to give to her classmates an overview and show a video about her MUSLIM RELIGION!!
    This is 900 kind of way wrong as far as I am concerned!!!!!And in January 2002, a public middle school in San Luis Obispo, Calif., had its students pretend to be warriors fighting for Islam. Another school near Oakland, Calif., also encouraged 125 seventh-grade students to dress up in Muslim robes for a three-week course on Islam. This arbitrary double standard was applied in the name of Political Correctness following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
    According to Ellen Sorokin's "No Founding Fathers?" published by the Washington Times on its front page on Jan. 28, 2002, even our Founding Fathers have fallen victim to the travesty. The article says of the New Jersey Department of Education's history standards,

"The latest revisions to the state standards have disappointed educators across the country, who said the board's exclusion of the Founding Fathers' names is 'Political Correctness to the nth degree.' "

Sorokin points out that "the standards specifically note that students should identify slavery, the Holocaust and modern Iraq as examples in which 'people have behaved in cruel and inhumane ways.' " Conveniently, communism is absent from that short list. The goal of the dictators of Political Correctness in America should be pretty obvious. political and religious fanatics, as demonstrated by the Sept.11,2001 attacks and the subsequent war in Afghanistan, are extremely dangerous in today's world. All citizens who cherish liberty MUST REJECT THE SCOURGE OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. Freedom of speech must be preserved in America if we are to continue to be free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's one thing is to be educated, considerate, polite and have good manners, and another to be forced to self-censor and say things that are totally incorrect in order to comply with the arbitrary dictums of a deceiving and fanatical far-left agenda.

Let's preserve our freedom and say NO to the scourge of Political Correctness

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/4/4/121115.shtml
    "It is what it is":usa:
    NN wrote: »
    Did we not just get a new Sec Def, an Obamma man?
    Yep. I'm just wondering if the decision is internally generated, with no real persuasion from the POTUS. It could be to save face, or to protect the administration. Could even be that the DoD higher-ups are doing this so that the public can have an outcry, the POTUS can step in and say "of course it's terrorism," he looks good, DoD gets a minor bruise, and "everybody's happy."

Let me adjust my tinfoil.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Political Correctness,,, I find it to be a bunch of BS. PC is an attempt to destroy America, and it 1st Amendment right, and to rid the world of Western society. PC is not new. Did some research on it and apparently it got its roots back in Frankfurt, Germany in 1923,started by the Institute for Social Research,AKA: "Frankfurt School."

.. It was a group of thinkers who pulled together to find a solution to the biggest problem facing the implementers of Communism in Russia. Communism wasn't spreading fast enough for these bozo's because Western Civilization was in its way. According to the Institute for Social Reasearch Western Civilization(which means the USA) was in their way.
    What was the problem with Western Civilization as far as the "Frankfurt School" was concerned? THIS: Its belief in the individual, that and individual could develop valid ideas,being an independent thinker if you will. The root of communism is the theory that all valid ideas come from the effect of the social group. of the masses. The INDIVIDUAL IS NOTHING.

Armed and convienced with this theory they believed that the only way for communism to advance was to help(or force if necessary)Western Civilzation to destroy itself. How are they going to do that? Simple: Undermine its foundations by CHIPPING AWAY AT THE RIGHTS OF THOSE ANNOYING INDIVIDUALS This will be accomplished by changing our speech patterns by spreading the idea that vocalizing your beliefs is DISRESPECTFUL TO OTHERS and must be avoided to make up for past INEQUITIES AND INJUSTICES And they decided to call it something that sounds positive: "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.
    Inspired by the brand new communist technique, Mao, in the 1930's wrote an article on the 'correct' handling of CONTRADICTIONS among the people. He called it "SENSITIVE TRAINING" --- sound familiar?--- and thus speech codes were born.

In 1935, after Hitler came to power, the Frankfurt School moved to New York City, where they continued their work by translating Marxism from economic to cultural terms using Sigmunds freud's psychological conditioning mechanisms to get Americans to buy into POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. In 1941, they moved to California to continue to spread their poison.
    .. And to this day Political Correctness remains just what it was intended to be:
    A sophisticated and dangerous form of censorship and oppression, imposed upon the citizenry with the ULTIMATE GOAL of manipulating, brainwashing and destroying our society. The self-censorship resulting from Political Correctness has easily trampled and all but eliminated our 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech. Look at Cuba for an example, case in point: Political Correctness has succeeded in Cuba by creating a uniform political discourse that has lasted for 43 years. Political Correctness has given the state ( Castro) complete control of speech.The same is true in the former Soviet Union and the former satelite countries, and the same for the remaining communist world.

With all that being said, I can see and have seen over the decades how PC is changing America from within,and the citizens of this nation are increasingly censoring themselves and losing their freedom of speech out of fear of Political Correctness repression. It is the nature of Western Civilization to be civilized and respectful of others and concerned with correcting injustices.. WE DON'T NEED POLITICAL CORRECTNESS to make us think we are not civilized on our own and must have our thoughts and words restricted. The rulers of Political Correctness have created absurd levels of Rhetoric and chaos in this country, and have created shameful situations in our schools and universities in America,that have fallen prey to Political Correctness. Some professors, students and publications are being and have been attacked for expressing a point of view that differs from that imposed by a FANATICAL FAR LEFT, under the guise of Political Correctness. In schools and work places, we see that "DIVERSITY" has degenerated into reverse discrimination, where often the less qualified are admitted and the incompetent cannot be fired. Folks like the Rev. Jesse Jackson have only added more fuel to the fire of political correctness.

There is a double standard emerging here folks:

Our Constitution requires the separation of church and state, which has always discouraged our public education system from teaching religion. Here is a case in point: In December of 2001 Christmas cards symbols and decorations were being objected to for the first time in American public schools in Georgia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Oregon, but at the same time an elementary school in Texas, (of all states), a girl was allowed to give to her classmates an overview and show a video about her MUSLIM RELIGION!!
    This is 900 kind of way wrong as far as I am concerned!!!!!And in January 2002, a public middle school in San Luis Obispo, Calif., had its students pretend to be warriors fighting for Islam. Another school near Oakland, Calif., also encouraged 125 seventh-grade students to dress up in Muslim robes for a three-week course on Islam. This arbitrary double standard was applied in the name of Political Correctness following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
    According to Ellen Sorokin's "No Founding Fathers?" published by the Washington Times on its front page on Jan. 28, 2002, even our Founding Fathers have fallen victim to the travesty. The article says of the New Jersey Department of Education's history standards,

"The latest revisions to the state standards have disappointed educators across the country, who said the board's exclusion of the Founding Fathers' names is 'Political Correctness to the nth degree.' "

Sorokin points out that "the standards specifically note that students should identify slavery, the Holocaust and modern Iraq as examples in which 'people have behaved in cruel and inhumane ways.' " Conveniently, communism is absent from that short list. The goal of the dictators of Political Correctness in America should be pretty obvious. political and religious fanatics, as demonstrated by the Sept.11,2001 attacks and the subsequent war in Afghanistan, are extremely dangerous in today's world. All citizens who cherish liberty MUST REJECT THE SCOURGE OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. Freedom of speech must be preserved in America if we are to continue to be free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's one thing is to be educated, considerate, polite and have good manners, and another to be forced to self-censor and say things that are totally incorrect in order to comply with the arbitrary dictums of a deceiving and fanatical far-left agenda.

Let's preserve our freedom and say NO to the scourge of Political Correctness

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/4/4/121115.shtml

I looked at the length of this post and got a headache, couldn't you go shoot some guns; after all you live in the wild west.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,327 Senior Member
    Terrorism versus Workplace Violence. . . interesting semantics issue there.

The guy did in fact work there and was basically a disgruntled employee - not sure what kind of cuddly working environment he was expecting as a Muslim joining the military in a post-Desert Storm America, but there it is. Whether to call it terrorism would depend on the presence of an outside force pulling his strings.

Calling it "workplace violence" does two things for the administration:

1. If the administration likes gun control (as this one does), it gives them a talking point.

2. Calling it "terrorism" means that the Homeland Security apparatus has failed at one of the Founding Father's key mandates of government - providing for the common defense.

Sorry to say, I'm not as familiar with all the details of the Ft. Hood shoot as others, but as I recall, the guy didn't have Osama on speed dial. When the world doesn't match the world view of a lone individual who lashes out at those normally around him, I too would be inclined to call it "workplace violence".
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Terrorism versus Workplace Violence. . . interesting semantics issue there.

The guy did in fact work there and was basically a disgruntled employee - not sure what kind of cuddly working environment he was expecting as a Muslim joining the military in a post-Desert Storm America, but there it is. Whether to call it terrorism would depend on the presence of an outside force pulling his strings.

Calling it "workplace violence" does two things for the administration:

1. If the administration likes gun control (as this one does), it gives them a talking point.

2. Calling it "terrorism" means that the Homeland Security apparatus has failed at one of the Founding Father's key mandates of government - providing for the common defense.

Sorry to say, I'm not as familiar with all the details of the Ft. Hood shoot as others, but as I recall, the guy didn't have Osama on speed dial. When the world doesn't match the world view of a lone individual who lashes out at those normally around him, I too would be inclined to call it "workplace violence".

It was an act of terrorism, plain and simple. If it were up to me, I'd roll him out to a good tree and hang him today in public, wheelchair and all :devil:

This is an older article, a whole lot more has come to light linking him with terrorist(ism) since.

Note the "American Terrorist" has since been whacked. Yea! :usa::usa::usa::usa:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6521758/Fort-Hood-shooting-Texas-army-killer-linked-to-September-11-terrorists.html

"Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Falls Church, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.

The preacher at the time was Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organisations.

Hasan's eyes "lit up" when he mentioned his deep respect for al-Awlaki's teachings, according to a fellow Muslim officer at the Fort Hood base in Texas, the scene of Thursday's horrific shooting spree.

As investigators look at Hasan's motives and mindset, his attendance at the mosque could be an important piece of the jigsaw. Al-Awlaki moved to Dar al-Hijrah as imam in January, 2001, from the west coast, and three months later the September 11 hijackers Nawaf al-Hamzi and Hani Hanjour began attending his services. A third hijacker attended his services in California. "......................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    Actually, I find it rather sad that a military base is as vulnerable to this kind of stuff as your average elementary school...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Actually, I find it rather sad that a military base is as vulnerable to this kind of stuff as your average elementary school...

Why is it surprising ? look at what is going on, history and so forth, it seems the lessons of the past have gone unheeded as have the many warnings too.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I looked at the length of this post and got a headache, couldn't you go shoot some guns; after all you live in the wild west.

It's 2011 almost 2012 all the Wild Wild west outlaws of yesteryear are gone..... I could go shoot some guns, and then come back and post some more.
    "It is what it is":usa:
    http://www.kxxv.com/global/story.asp?s=16342335

Fort Hood resolution officially recognizes shooting as Islamic terror attack

WASHINGTON, DC – The November 5, 2009 shooting attack on Fort Hood would be officially recognized as an act of radical Islamic terrorism under a resolution introduced this week by Congressman John Carter, who represents the Fort Hood area in the House.

The Fort Hood Resolution, H.R.495, would end any ambiguity over whether the attack was properly classified under combat status or as part of a broader category of "workplace violence."

"This is a blatant case of political correctness denying reality to the detriment of the victims and families of those who were killed and wounded in the attack on Fort Hood," says Carter. "There is no justification for denying these casualties the same combat status as those at the Pentagon on 9-11, other than to deny that a radical Islamic terrorist with connections to Al Qaeda attacked our soldiers at Fort Hood."