Home Main Category General Firearms

New nightstand gun.

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberBetween Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
For years my Sig P229 and a small flashlight rested beside me at night. Some time back a few of our forum members discussed lights on guns and I changed my way of thinking.
I needed a gun with a rail so went shopping. Came home with a FN FNS-40.

Thus morning I went to the range and was pleased at the results

10 shots from 7 yards. Not being that great of a shot, i was very happy with the guns accuracy and not one hickcup in about 120 rounds of mixed ammo

Light to be added soon
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,687 Senior Member
    As long as your night stand is happy!!:jester:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Looks good. Was your SIG a 9mm or .40?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Looks good. Was your SIG a 9mm or .40?

Sig is a .40, I thought about selling it and putting money toward a new gun, but, wife purchased the Sig as a gift for me. Very first gun she got for me, it must stay
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyearly Senior Member Thornton COPosts: 4,950 Senior Member
    That with a light is likely as good or better than most anything. Good choice I think.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Very nice---shoots well.

Good work.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Colorado!Posts: 7,699 Senior Member
    Good shooting. That is a good gun.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    Looks like that will work! I've never held an FN.

What light are are you considering?
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Looks like that will work! I've never held an FN.

What light are are you considering?

The gun is pretty basic, but has two backstraps, straight and arched, I prefer straight one. Ambi controls with a decent trigger.
    I plan on ordering the Inforce APL LED this week, Thanks to SS3 for the link to it.
  • DanoobieDanoobie Member Posts: 95 Member
    Welcome to FN. Those guys really know their stuff. You may find your FN
    collection mysteriously growing, soon.
    Danoobie wrote: »
    Welcome to FN. Those guys really know their stuff. You may find your FN
    collection mysteriously growing, soon.

Sounds like you may have a few?

There seems to be little to no after market triggers and little work can be done on one. While the trigger is pretty decent out of the box, does it smooth out a little move with use?
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Port St. Lucie, FloridaPosts: 1,004 Senior Member
    Nice acquisition. Looks like it not only fits your need but also your hand and shooting style, considering the target.
    Enjoy. :beer:

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Renton, WashingtonPosts: 2,598 Senior Member
    Nice grab! And very good shooting. I've been an FN fan for a few years now; other than sights, I haven't seen any aftermarket parts for them. But then, I haven't felt the need either. Mine feels the same now as it ever has, and it's always been easy to shoot well; not surprising that you had such great results with yours.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Looks like you choose very well.
    That would definitely work
  • timctimc Senior Member TexasPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Very nice! I love this FN's, I've got an FNP45 and an FNX9. I'm sure you will be very happ with the .40.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Lima, PeruPosts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Nice FN and good accuracy too. Love the classic factory logo seen since the early 1900 models.
    Keep the Sig.
  • AxeAxe Member Sparta New JerseyPosts: 421 Member
    I have a 226 with night sights, and that is my bedside gun. I am a fan of the FN line though, and it should do well for you...... congrats!