Is this what taking the wife hunting is really like

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 1,548 Senior Member
My wife showed me this and it cracked me up! She said I'm not this bad am I?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mijDhbukZ4
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I wouldn't know.
    I'm smart enough to leave mine at home.

This.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    "Shut your phone off"......"Shut your phone off"......."SHUT your PHONE off!"......"SHUT YOUR Fxxxxxx PHONE OFF!!!!!!"
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,698 Senior Member
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    My wife showed me this and it cracked me up! She said I'm not this bad am I?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mijDhbukZ4

And your reply was...................?

Thinking about the above conversation in more depth, I came to the realisation that its another of those female questions that there is no correct answer for.

If you say yes an argument will ensue.

If you say no, she will come back with " So you think I am bad, but not as bad as the video". Then the argument will follow.

That means you cant use a yes/no answer and will have to string a sentence together. It is an immutable law that more than 3 words in a sentence to your significant other is able to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. Then an argument will follow.

The only correct way to answer the question is to throw yourself on your back to the ground, put your arms and legs in the air exposing your stomach, poke your tongue out the side of your mouth and wag your tail. Hopefully she will scratch your belly and walk away.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,540 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    Lol. I may be just a bit worse. I get text messages while hunting all the time, dad gets very angry with me in December.

Where I hunt, cell phones don't work so it doesn't matter.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,719 Senior Member
    The dog was hilarious.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,072 Senior Member
    Lol. I may be just a bit worse. I get text messages while hunting all the time, dad gets very angry with me in December.

How nice of you to bring a practice target - I need to confirm zero on my rifle!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Where I hunt, cell phones don't work so it doesn't matter.

Same here, no signal.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Fe always wanted to talk. She loves to fish and while she was fishing she would go all day without a word, but as soon as we were out in the deer blind she had a lot to say. Then when we were going home she'd bitch because we never saw a deer! Women!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,548 Senior Member
    Lol. . It's worse now because I don't see my family every day, and I want to talk for hours. It's a girl thing I guess.

Isn't that what your hunting stand is for...sorry couldn't resist!:applause:
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    The dog was hilarious.

It wasn't a dog it was a ferocious polar bear, could have licked her to death! :rotflmao:

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,072 Senior Member
    Not unless you plan to shoot me in the butt Zorba lol

I'll give you time to remove it, walk down and place it at my zero range! :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Guess I am lucky, mine has no desire to go hunting.
    She offered to go to the range to keep me company yesterday, could see it in her eyes saying: please say no please let me sleep in, I really don't want to go but I am being nice.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    The original and still the best!

Priceless, now that's funny I don't care what you say!

Currently my wife has bragging rights in our house as she's shot the largest buck to date!
    Capture2.png

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    Priceless, now that's funny I don't care what you say!

Currently my wife has bragging rights in our house as she's shot the largest buck to date!
    Capture2.png

Talking, silent or whatever. You wife is doing it right!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Talking, silent or whatever. You wife is doing it right!

She's a very good hunter. I really thinks she likes the peace and solitude sitting on her deer stand. We got her a box blind to hunt out of this fall, which she's decorated the inside. Let's just say you can tell a gal hunts that stand and most of guys steer clear:roll2:

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,254 Senior Member
    "If that cell phone rings I'm gonna shoot it- - - - -it would be a real shame if it was up against your ear at the time!"
    :angry:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    The original and still the best!

No sound on the video.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,219 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    "Shut your phone off"......"Shut your phone off"......."SHUT your PHONE off!"......"SHUT YOUR Fxxxxxx PHONE OFF!!!!!!"

This reeks of experience...
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,254 Senior Member
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,662 Senior Member
    Taken the wife hunting a couple of times. All she wants to do is decorate the blind.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Damn! She hit that at your place?

Yepper, I actually rattled the big boy in for her. He was one of three deer on my neighbors and mine shoot list two years ago. We'd been working with our game biologist on our game management program and watching this deer and two other for three years. Everything was looking so good until my knucklehead neighbor put the high fence up 18 months ago. Last year was slim pickings in the deer department! This year I have one that's close to hers on camera and another couple that should be fantastic in a year or two.
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Taken the wife hunting a couple of times. All she wants to do is decorate the blind.

My wife beat you to the blind decorating, she asked if I'd paint the inside pink! I responded with a resounding NO!

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,941 Senior Member
    Lol. My parents always said I could chew the ears off a brass monkey. I was ok until around 15-16 and then I became a social butterfly.

I'm an anti-social butterfly. . .which would be more of a social wasp, I guess. Bilingual training? Hell, I don't want to talk to most of the people who speak English.

My wife and I adhere to the old ways - I hunt (she's only interesting in cooking it) ; she gathers (I'm only interested in eating it).
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I've only been married once. Taking her camping was as much adventure as either of us could stand.

On the other hand a man and his wife visited me at my elk camp once. I told them about a bear encounter I had earlier and gave them directions to a good spot to hunt said bear. They got the bear a few hours later. They were very nice and seemed to both enjoy the hunt a great deal.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,368 Senior Member
    My last deer was in California, shot it on Mt. Gleason and my wife was the one that spotted it and alerted me.
    She has been bird hunting with me also. She tells people she is my bird dog.