Home Main Category Clubhouse

What's for dinner, 2nite?

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberPosts: 3,767 Senior Member
Beer can chicken, fried green tomatoes, and hominy.

g6hHeXR.jpg
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,161 Senior Member
    That really looks good.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Cheeseburgers from "Nick's"- - - - -the sandwich shop at the motel we fill up every Memorial day weekend for the SE Shoot. Good stuff!
    :drool2:
    Jerry
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,124 Senior Member
    'Heavy appetizers' at a conference kick off happy hour. Meh. I hate these things
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,259 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    'Heavy appetizers' at a conference kick off happy hour. Meh. I hate these things

Have the same thing this week in Va. Strange part the ice breaker is Tues night and everyone arrived today.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Takeout from Outback Steakhouse.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Elk.
    Potatoes.
    Banana.
    Bread, butter, honey, peanut butter, jam.
    Apple Cider.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    We too are having beer butt chicken but with rice pilaf and avocado salad.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Try Coke instead of beer. Chris- - - -yer not supposed to drink the beer before you shove the can up the chicken's butt- - - - -just pop the top!
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I really don't know. Probably leftovers or maybe a fried egg or four.

We did have a great lunch. We drove up to Anthony KS and at ate Cancun Mexican Grill. I had a Seafood Chimichanga, shrimp and crab with sautéed onions and green peppers.

I was super surprised to find that the restaurant wasn't some TexMex garbage. If you are ever in the area I recommend it. This place was definitely not screwing around with the jalapeño, some of that salsa was HOT. I like hot food and one orange colored salsa really got my attention.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    I had a hot dog.....
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,124 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Have the same thing this week in Va. Strange part the ice breaker is Tues night and everyone arrived today.

Actually had a pretty decent crab cake. Drank my two drink tickets and snuck out
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,090 Senior Member
    Griddle cheese sammich and Cuban blood beans!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Chinese delivery. Egg foo young and orange shrimp.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,150 Senior Member
    Brats out on the grill, potato salad and fresh apple cider.

Tomorrows lunch will be left over brats from the grill, potato salad and not quite as fresh apple cider.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,417 Senior Member
    Left over pizza and chicken pasta.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,417 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I never understood the can in the can chicken. It never left any flavor behind. Butt, it DOES make a handy way to hold the bird upright on the charcoal grill. And I still get a laugh when I open the lid. It's like the chickens just sitting there waiting for you. "Hey. How's it going! Seem hot in here to you?"

Not so much about flavor as moisture. Plug the neck hole with a jalapeño. Steams the inside while the outside roasts. Even better if you separate the skin from the breast, stick a bunch of pats of butter in there and a sprinkle of Tony Chacheres inside and out.
    cpj wrote: »
    I never understood the can in the can chicken. It never left any flavor behind. Butt, it DOES make a handy way to hold the bird upright on the charcoal grill. And I still get a laugh when I open the lid. It's like the chickens just sitting there waiting for you. "Hey. How's it going! Seem hot in here to you?"

The beer or whatever liquid boils and steams the bird from the inside and keeps it really moist.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,160 Senior Member
    Clean has a pan wit a cone in the center
    I think it works just as well as a can.
    NN wrote: »
    Clean has a pan wit a cone in the center
    I think it works just as well as a can.

That's what we use in the house but it's ceramic and when we cook one on the grill we use this wire gizmo that holds a beer can in the middle.
    I gave up cooking outside
    too many skeeters.
    When in Rome?

Or next to it!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Oops wrong thread...................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Home made beef enchiladas, pico de gallo, pinto beans, and hot cheese dip with the chips. Mrs. Bisley made a giant roasting pan full with 10 lbs of ground beef. Everyone (13) had all they wanted, with ice cream and chocolate sauce for dessert.

Then, the two grandson's wiped out all of the leftovers, after about a two hour rest. :tissue:
    SIGgal wrote: »
    A salad with goat cheese .

Goat cheese is under-rated..I love the stuff....my favorite pizza is Prosciutto, red onion and goat cheese....
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Goat cheese is under-rated..I love the stuff...
    Me too!

)O(
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,591 Senior Member
    Wife made chili. Daughter made the cornbread. Life is good.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Probably some sort of fish. We took the 4 year old grandson (for real) fishing yesterday. On Saturday, we were fishing pole shopping, and he decided he just had to have the Zebco Power Rangers rig. The rod is about 3 ft. long, and the reel is your standard Zebco cheap spincast reel. I figured it would be good enough, as he's not exactly an accomplished angler.

We fished at a local fishing pier on Lake Granbury, and danged if the little toot didn't land 2 nice sized freshwater drum (gaspergoo for some). One went about two lbs., and the other a bit smaller. He also caught a small blue gill.

Unfortunately, we had a fish cleaning mishap that ended the fishing trip, and resulted in spoiled fish. My wife and I weren't particularly looking forward to eating drum fish sticks, so she will substitute something else and he will be no more the wiser. His fish are resting now in a vacant lot next to us.

The best part was when he told us he "could fish all day."
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I love goat cheese! I put it on everything! Only problem is I eat too much and can't poop lol.

You're not familiar with the "too much information" thang, are you?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 8,051 Senior Member
    I love goat cheese! I put it on everything! Only problem is I eat too much and can't poop lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNQ3sxvslhQ
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.